Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 8:34:35 PM EDT
It was a shock to me to see the President and the Vice president standing there together.  I thought they were not suppose to be together in the same place these days?  I mean this would of been on Hell of a target for the "Bad Guys".
So how off base an I on this?

TIA

MJR

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You are correct, they are rarely in PUBLIC together for obvious reasons.

This however is a rare ocasion.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah its a special occasion.  Can't keep them seperate all the time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]

<Slur Removed>
<Please read the Conduct Code regarding racial/ethnic slurs.>

Last Edited :: 9/3/2004 12:38:41 AM by thebeekeeper1

Oh SURE!!!

You edit out the offending remarks here but you go and LOCK an even deeper thread here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=270156

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<Slur Removed>

Oh SURE!!!

You edit out the offending remarks here but you go and LOCK an even deeper thread here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=270156

I'm not spending my time making ten edits to "save" a thread--plus you should have better sense than to shit up your own thread:

Quoted:

aka "MoslemMaggots"  

Mmmmmkay??  

I used to always include my disclaimer/definition of "MoslemMaggot" until it got so used I assumed everyone knew what I meant by it:

"MoslemMaggots" are radical Muslims that advocate homicide-bombing of Israeli toddlers, cut the heads off Americans for thrills, slit the throats of stewardesses (after tying them up first), drive jet airliners into skyscrapers filled with innocent civilians, treat women as chattle and plot to overthrow Western Civilization.

Oh yeah, they never bathe either.

Not all Muslims are "MoslemMaggots", thank God.

I remember getting in a big tussle with Tatjana over my using that term a loooong time ago. She backed off when I posted my disclaimer/definition later in the thread.

Ah well.... on with the show.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#6]
it was good to see those to men standing side by side
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I remember getting in a big tussle with Tatjana over my using that term a loooong time ago. She backed off when I posted my disclaimer/definition later in the thread.

Using that logic, any slur could pass muster with a simple "I didn't mean anything BAD by that"--eh?  I'll not back down.  

So is "Islamofascist terrorist" acceptable but "MoslemMaggot terrorist" unacceptable????

And besides, that wasn't the reason you gave for locking it:
We don't pound our chests and discuss killing "all of them"--whoever "them" is.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Using that logic, any slur could pass muster with a simple "I didn't mean anything BAD by that"--eh?  I'll not back down.  

So is "Islamofascist terrorist" acceptable but "MoslemMaggot terrorist" unacceptable????

IMO, as long as you add the word "terrorist," which means you are specifically addressing terrorists, as opposed to "all of the Muslim faith,"--either is fine.  Please refer to the Conduct Code and use your best judgement.  If you wish to view the threads you author, or participate in, as precious gems, I'd suggest restraint.  A man of your language mastery is perfectly capable of expressing yourself without slurs, wouldn't you say?  I note you added the word "terrorist"--not sly in the least.  

As sly as you changing the reason for locking the thread.

Message received.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Get a room, guys!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#13]
You boys are so insensitive.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#14]
huh?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

<Slur Removed>

Oh SURE!!!

Hey The_Macallan:

Thanks for Hijacking my thread...

No really thanks, really big of you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:52:30 AM EDT
[#16]
PIE!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:07:50 AM EDT
[#17]
That's why Powell and the others up in the  chain aren't there.  But I betcha they aren't going to come out and say it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:47:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Judging by the responses here, I must be wrong, but I thought at least one of them always had to be in D.C.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:06:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Judging by the responses here, I must be wrong, but I thought at least one of them always had to be in D.C.

See thats kinda what I was thinking.  I really thought that in a time of war, like now.  That they were not suppose to be together in a public place.  I guess I was wrong.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:20:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

See thats kinda what I was thinking.  I really thought that in a time of war, like now.  That they were not suppose to be together in a public place.  I guess I was wrong.

Duh? And what about all those State of the Union addresses?  

One of these guys below is always in an airplane, flying around with a military aide carrying the "football" whenever the PRESUS and VP are together.  

You guys are aware that there is a "Line of Succession" right after El Prez?

It goes like this:

The Vice President Richard Cheney

Speaker of the House John Hastert

President pro tempore of the Senate Ted Stevens

Secretary of State Colin Powell

Secretary of the Treasury John Snow

Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld

Attorney General John Ashcroft

Secretary of Gettin’ Down Dolomite

Secretary of the Interior Gale A. Norton

Secretary of Agriculture Ann M. Veneman

The Price is Right’s Bob Barker

Secretary of Commerce Donald Evans

Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao

Jet Li

Secretary of Health and Human Services Tommy G. Thompson

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Alphonso Jackson

Tito Jackson

Secretary of Transportation Norman Yoshio Mineta

Secretary of Energy Spencer Abraham

Secretary of Education Roderick Paige

Secretary of Veterans Affairs Anthony J. Principi

Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge

<Personal attack removed.  WTF?>
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<Slur Removed>

Oh SURE!!!

Hey The_Macallan:

Thanks for Hijacking my thread...

No really thanks, really big of you.

Hey, I was just keeping it on top of pg 1 for ya'.

But seriously, I didn't think it'd turn into a full-blown hijack.

Now back to your regularly-scheduled thread...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:55:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Duh? And what about all those State of the Union addresses?  

One of these guys below is always in an airplane, flying around with a military aide carrying the "football" whenever the PRESUS and VP are together.  

You guys are aware that there is a "Line of Succession" right after El Prez?

Yes, I was aware of that. Thank you Capt. Obvious. We really weren't discussing the Line of Succession, but thank you for the amusing additives you included in the list.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:05:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:10:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I think it safe to say that Speaker Hastert WAS in a "safe location" while POTUS and VPOTUS were partying.

Ya think...?  Anyone see him at the show last night?  I don't remember seeing his bulk rumbling around the Garden.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:11:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yes, I was aware of that. Thank you Capt. Obvious. We really weren't discussing the Line of Succession, but thank you for the amusing additives you included in the list.

Captain Obvious?  You mean...

"Thank you Mr. Secretary", right?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:19:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
And no, there is no requirement for one of them to be in DC.  There is no need for them EVER to be in DC.  Modern technology has made command and control so effective that Bush could run WWIII from Hielo's outhouse.

THAT was frick'n funny!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:21:12 AM EDT
[#27]

www.students.bucknell.edu/clanger/%5Carfcom%5Ckandaharowned.jpg

You Babes new in town?

yeah, it's been awhile.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#29]
I thought you were gonna say John Lennon, he's there you know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top