Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 8:16:03 PM EDT
I laughed when FNC went to commercial during Kerry's midnight response speech... but we then switched to CNN and MSNBC... they too abandoned it.  LOL

--Mike

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]

\/
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
DID KERRY GIVE A SELF DESTRUCT SPEECH TONITE OR WHAT?

Looked like he lost it there too me.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
He looked drunk...slurred his over used stump speech. I think they just did a mercy killing of his speech.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#5]
It would be easier to stay awake inhaling nitrous oxide
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Could it be that nobody gives a damn?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Blah blah blah Bush Sucks blah blah blah blah Haliburton blah blah blah blah ....  Heard it all before blah blah blah blah
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Could it be that nobody gives a damn?

Probably.  I'm just a little surprised... I would have thought they would have wedged out a half hour or so of commercial-free time for this big impromptu response speech.  Instead, they showed a few minutes of it, then dumped him.

I can't wait to see the polls.  Kerry looks so... well... "small" right now.

--Mike
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
It was the same old SH*T.  You would'a thought it was 1931 from the crap he was spewing.

"You're all unemployed with no health care and your kids are gonna die in a war........"

Everyone watching here sang "Santa Clause is coming to town" to get into the moment with him.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]
He says: I'm not gonna let someone who had deferrments attack my two tours of duty to my country.

GIVE ME A BREAK..

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Its started to seem even CNN  isnt pushing Kerry as hard as they were last week.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck Kerry.

*cough*

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know, It seems to me that Kerry is becoming a little un-hinged.  He started to talk about taxes and then went off on another tangent.  His whole speech or at least the 5 minutes the cable news networks carried, had absolutely no direction.  Kerry looks to be self destructing.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#15]
It was a last desperate stand for Kerry.  You could see it in his eyes as he went on his first real hard core attack against Bush.  And it will backfire because most people havn't known him very well until now, and the undecideds will see him as a mean, loudmouth.

I also laughed my ass off as I caught the part where he said that Bush and Cheney had five deferments to stay out of vietnam, but he himself had two tours.    

Two tours??????  Since when the hell does four months turn into two tours?????  Is he really that stupid??  Remember that whole "fuzzy math" thing?  I think its time to pull that out and dust it off as a campaign slogan.  I mean,  just what kind of an idiot is he?

Nevermind.....I already know the answer to that.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Zogby already has bush coming out of the RNC with a 7 point jump.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Fuck Kerry.

*cough*

www.students.bucknell.edu/clanger/%5Carfcom%5Cballsowned.jpg

I'm stealing this picture.  It's my new favorite 'owned' pic.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It was a last desperate stand for Kerry.  You could see it in his eyes as he went on his first real hard core attack against Bush.  And it will backfire because most people havn't known him very well until now, and the undecideds will see him as a mean, loudmouth.

I also laughed my ass off as I caught the part where he said that Bush and Cheney had five deferments to stay out of vietnam, but he himself had two tours.    

Two tours??????  Since when the hell does four months turn into two tours?????  Is he really that stupid??  Remember that whole "fuzzy math" thing?  I think its time to pull that out and dust it off as a campaign slogan.  I mean,  just what kind of an idiot is he?

Nevermind.....I already know the answer to that.

Chris

[AlGorevoice] John Kerry kept the other tour in a "Lock Box"[/AlGorevoice]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
... Two tours??????  Since when the hell does four months turn into two tours?????  ...

I can only assume he was referring to campaigns since, IIRC, he was in-counry for parts of two.

Still, I’ve never heard anyone else use that term - plus most folks don’t even know what a campaign is.

I suspect he’s using the term to make it look like he was in RVN longer than he was.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#21]
actually, kerry did serve two "tours"
from his records that he did release

jun 8 '66 -  kerry reports to USS Gridley - "serves in serveral capacities"
what every body doesn't seem to talk about is what the uss gridley is - a ship in the military sea transport services in the atlantic - sounds like a supply ship - a really dangerous job, heh?

in feb 9 '68 - USS Gridley gets orders to deploy  to west pac assignment - during this assignment, it gets sent to vietnam, i think , which is his basis for his first tour of duty in vietnam.
somewhere around here, he hears that the uss gridley will be decommisioned for retrofit on return to the U.S, which meant that kerry could have been reassigned anywhere.so
on feb 10 ’68 – kerry request for transfer to vietnam as swift boat officer “request for swift boat duty” (thinking that it was a cush job?).  it isn't clear where or when he gets the idea to try to get three purple hearts to get out of serving,

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top