Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 7:44:00 PM EDT
Cup of urine a day keeps ailments at bay

Thu Sep 2,11:11 AM ET

BANGKOK (AFP) - Drinking urine can eliminate sinus trouble, turn grey hair black and even cure cancer, a Thai academic said, citing a study of local Buddhists who engage in the unorthodox practice.    

Ratree Cheepudomwit, of the Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine Development Department, said hundreds of urine drinkers attested that consuming a daily cup worked wonders for their overall health and helped slow the ageing process.

She said that in June she queried 250 members of Santi Asoke, a strict indigenous Buddhist movement believed to have thousands of followers, and 204 respondents said they had learned from ancient Buddhist manucripts that drinking one's urine improved health.

"Of the respondents, 87 percent confirmed that it had head-to-toe benefits for them, including for example reduction of dandruff, grey hair, sinus problems and cancer," Ratree told AFP.

The medical elixir was not easy on everyone's system, as about one in 10 urine drinkers suffered diarrhea afterwards, but the practice should not be viewed with disgust, she said.

"Other groups of people who drank urine were Buddhist monks who practised in accordance to scriptures which are more than 2,500 years old," she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1517&u=/afp/20040902/od_afp/thailand_urine_offbeat_040902151155&printer=1
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]

a Thai academic said,....

I too am an academic, and I say that freezing and eating poopcicles will make you more virile, strong and eliminate bad breath.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:06:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

a Thai academic said,....

I too am an academic, and I say that freezing and eating poopcicles will make you more virile, strong and eliminate bad breath.

Well Thai academics or not, I am not drinking my own pee.

That is just UBER gross.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well Thai academics or not, I am not drinking my own pee.

That is just UBER gross.

... but someone else's pee, well, that's a horse of a different color.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:19:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Cup of urine a day keeps ailments at bay

Thu Sep 2,11:11 AM ET

BANGKOK (AFP) - Drinking urine can eliminate sinus trouble, turn grey hair black and even cure cancer, a Thai academic said, citing a study of local Buddhists who engage in the unorthodox practice.    

Ratree Cheepudomwit, of the Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine Development Department, said hundreds of urine drinkers attested that consuming a daily cup worked wonders for their overall health and helped slow the ageing process.

She said that in June she queried 250 members of Santi Asoke, a strict indigenous Buddhist movement believed to have thousands of followers, and 204 respondents said they had learned from ancient Buddhist manucripts that drinking one's urine improved health.

"Of the respondents, 87 percent confirmed that it had head-to-toe benefits for them, including for example reduction of dandruff, grey hair, sinus problems and cancer," Ratree told AFP.

The medical elixir was not easy on everyone's system, as about one in 10 urine drinkers suffered diarrhea afterwards, but the practice should not be viewed with disgust, she said.

"Other groups of people who drank urine were Buddhist monks who practised in accordance to scriptures which are more than 2,500 years old," she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1517&u=/afp/20040902/od_afp/thailand_urine_offbeat_040902151155&printer=1

Yeah, I heard that Alec Baldwin like his "on the rocks"  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:25:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...but the practice should not be viewed with disgust, she said.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:31:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I've heard that after banging a skanky ho, you should piss into your cupped hands and wash your willy in your urine.  It keeps you from getting warts.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:45:12 AM EDT
[#7]

I'm giving this one 4 out of 5 pukes
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:47:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuck that.  I'll just be sick
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:55:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Piss off.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:57:34 AM EDT
[#10]
"I suppose that a cup of urine is better than an ounce of stool."  he said with a shit eating grin.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:01:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I got some fresh stuff on tap...anybody want some?

BTW, I had broccoli and asparagus last night.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:03:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I got some fresh stuff on tap...anybody want some?

BTW, I had broccoli and asparagus last night.

Does it smell like hot rotten ham
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#13]
It all depends where the piss is coming from.

If its flowing out of a nice PIE, I'd probably drink it
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Thailand. Now theres an advanced society that you want to get your medical and health advise from.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Not me... I'd wait for the flowing to stop, then I'd eat the pie.

And as for the Tai suggestion of drinking it:

I give it 11 out of 10 pukes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:24:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Golden shower, tasty sour...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:25:13 AM EDT
[#17]
That is pretty nasty indeed!

Thing is, just about all survival books say to NEVER under any circumstances drink your own urine. It's just a bad thing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:32:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Beside being disgusting, this fails the common sense test.  Urine is full of crap your body is trying to get rid of.  Why the heck would you want to put something back into your body it wants to get rid of.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:38:46 AM EDT
[#19]
You guys are just racist bigots, you just don't want to accept eastern medicine is far more advanced then Western.
Trust me, if piss was good for you, your body wouldn't get rid of it. We're talking about the waste product from cells. This means poison to your body. When you drink something, it goes back into your blood stream after hitting the stomach.
So your kidneys get to process the same thing again? How does that help you?
I think drinking piss will give you worse breath.
-Steve
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:45:48 AM EDT
[#20]
In other news today, Thai officials have reported that the sewer systems all over Thailand are failing to meet the demands of the burgeoning populace and have been running at emergency over-capcity levels for several months.  Residents are urged to cut back however possible.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top