Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 5:11:52 PM EDT
I've been watching the World Cup of Hockey the last couple of days. I didn't know how much I missed Hockey until I started watching it.  The NHL is still trying to work things out with their Collective Bargaining Aggrement. If they don't work something out the season  may start late or not at all.  Either way I'll be watching Hockey this season, even if I have to go to Knoxville and take in an AHL game with the Ice Bears or  go see a college game with the Ice Vols.  I really do hope that they work something out, I wanted to see a Predators pre-season game on Oct.2nd.  Anyway, just wanted to check in and see if there were any other "Hockey Nuts" in the house.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
No, not tonight. Here in the US, see, every 4 years we have this thing called elctions. For us gun owners here in the US, tonight is sort of a big night, as we get to see a televised convention where our best-chance leaders pick up some momentum.

What planet are you from, Frank?

I'm nearly convinced you're not from Tennessee.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
much more important things tonight:

www.georgewbush.com/
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No, not tonight. Here in the US, see, every 4 years we have this thing called elctions. For us gun owners here in the US, tonight is sort of a big night, as we get to see a televised convention where our best-chance leaders pick up some momentum.

What planet are you from, Frank?

I'm nearly convinced you're not from Tennessee.

Why do you have to watch anything about the election, I thought it was more or less a "no brainer". Just pull the Bush lever and be done with it. There, now you're freed up to watch Hockey.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]
USA/Russia on main screen, Republican convention on Picture in picture, swap as necessary.

If there's no NHL season this year... I'll probably get a lot of work done on my house. Bummer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]
You cannot match the emotion and conviciton you get from watching someone speaking about what you believe in with any sport.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You cannot match the emotion and conviciton you get from watching someone speaking about what you believe in with any sport.

Not as a spectator, anyway.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Why on Gods green earth would I want to watch some politician spout about something when I can watch Hockey. I already know who I'm voting  for, I don't need to listen to a speach  about it.  Am I right, are most of us going to vote for Bush?  Then why do you need to watch anything about it. Watch something that's fun for a change. Heck, I talk way to damn much politics here on ARFCOM  and watch way too much FOX News during the day to watch it at night too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why on Gods green earth would I want to watch some politician spout about something when I can watch Hockey. I already know who I'm voting  for, I don't need to listen to a speach  about it.  Am I right, are most of us going to vote for Bush?  Then why do you need to watch anything about it. Watch something that's fun for a change. Heck, I talk way to damn much politics here on ARFCOM  and watch way too much FOX News during the day to watch it at night too.

Confirming even more of my suspicions about 'ol Frank......
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Who, Me?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top