Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 1:47:54 PM EDT
Boy am I pissed!  Here is some more back ground on what is going on.  When we were divorced last October, she was told to pay all bills in her name and I was told to pay all bills in my name.  The only exception was her Jeep Liberty that is registered in my name that she is supposed to pay for.  If she misses a payment on the Jeep, I have the right to then reposses it, but not until then.  Well she calls last night and says "I am calling to let you know that I am declaring bankruptcy in a few weeks.  I am going to first go buy a new car this weekend and then declare bankruptcy.  Also I am going to stop making payments on the Jeep and it is going to go on you credit.  Just thought I would let you know so when your credit is fucked, you know why."  

WTF??  So I say give me back the car and I will make the payments.  She then says, no you can't have it until I miss a payment that is what the decree says.  That bitch!  What a moron!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Lawyer up.   Prayers sent.

Kirk
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
picture removed.

great joke!...wrong place for it.

edited by campybob
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.chocolatefantasies.com/keeponeTesticle.jpg

Damn thats funny.

BTW, this is a possible IBTL
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I suppose that you have no interest in hearing what Ackbar has to say...

IBTL
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
+1
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#6]
ar50 troll, please remove that pic so this dosnt get locked
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Document that you made the payments and repo the car

Then fuck the bitch up the ass and post pics
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Just looking for some advice here if anyone has any.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]
IBTL
Go inform your lawyer, the bankruptcy judge might be interested in  this bit of info also..
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Call the leinholder on the Jeep (since it's still in your name) and explain to them the situation, and ask them to not report it on your credit - to give you a few days to pay for it after she misses a payment - and then take posession.  I'd be VERY surprised if they didn't agree to that.

Also, if she buys a brand new car right before declaring BKRPTY with the intent of discharging the loan/debt incurred, she will be very surprised when they take her car back and/or throw her BKRPTY out.  lol...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#11]
S^3
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
IBTL
Go inform your lawyer, the bankruptcy judge might be interested in  this bit of info also..

+1
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I suppose that you have no interest in hearing what Ackbar has to say...

IBTL

BTW. IBTL (cartoon wanker)
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Unless she pays cash for the new car, by declaring bankruptcy, she will lose the car unless she reaffirms the debt with the title holder (loan company). And then she will still have to keep making the payments on it in order to keep it. If she thinks she is going to get a free new car by declaring bankruptcy, she is full of shit. But then again you already know that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I know this guy....  'Frankie the Fist'...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#18]
She deserves all the forthcoming misery and karma which befalls her.

Just send the payment in before the due date. Worse case scenario is you just doubled up a payment. Once she defaults on the payment, take the Libby back. She'll have no legal recourse since technically she actually did default on the payment. She's a dumb ass for telling you this. I love it when women try to out manuever us. More reason why women are the inferior sex of our species.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Show up at your wife's 341 hearing and let the court know everything in your first post.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Call the finance company direct and tell them what is going on.

Cut her off at the pass.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Wouldn't she be in violation of the divorce agreement by filing for bankruptsy?  

Call the lawyer and inform him of her actions.  He'll make sure she cannot get away with it.

Contact the finance company,  Tell them what she's going to do.  Thell them once she's missed the payment to call you and you send out the check as well as take the vehicle away from her.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Three things:

1)  You should already be taping every phone call between the two of you.  If you aren;t - start now.

2)  Good advice above - LAWYER UP

3)  Tell your lawyer your wife is PLANNING to take on large debt prior to declaring bankruptcy.  I believe this must be fraud, but again the lawyer will tell you.

Best of luck.   These things do end eventually.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Call the bankruptcy court for your area, get a list of the the chapter 7 and 13 trustees, and send each of them a letter with just that story. Then when she files you file the motion to lift stay, and attach the letter you sent to the trustees.

Much fun will ensue, the judge SHOULD (which isn't will) hook you up, and the trustee SHOULD (dosen't mean will) let her have it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
And you thought about calling her back last time

+1
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#27]
UPDATE:  He boyfriend calls me and tells me he will take over payments on the Jeep and she will just keep it.  Any thoughts on this?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Take the jeep back.

Don't trust your credit report to her/her boyfriend.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#29]
By the way I NEVER did call her back.  She is a complete moron.
Maybe I should post pics of her taken after her fake boobies were put in, complete frontal nudity.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Three things:

1)  You should already be taping every phone call between the two of you.  If you aren;t - start now.

3)  Tell your lawyer your wife is PLANNING to take on large debt prior to declaring bankruptcy.  I believe this must be fraud, but again the lawyer will tell you.

2 and 3 are good,  I don't know if 1 is legal in Texas,  each state is different

let the boyfriend make some payments then check with your lawyer to see if you can reposses it,  since your ex missed payments and YOUR name is on the lease, Im sure the judge won't want some strange dude driving around in a car that is under your name

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Maybe I should post pics of her taken after her fake boobies were put in, complete frontal nudity.  

+1 (hey at least e-mail them to me )
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Just remember, even though you are divorced and it might be tempting, it's still considered "domestic violence"........  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#34]

I would but it is a polaroid and I have no scanner.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Sniff, sniff. Do you smell that? It smells like smoke.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#37]
From the subject line, I thought this was going to be a booty call story
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I think your first mistake was to allow her to keep a Jeep with YOUR name on it, while SHE paid for it.

Man, get your lawyer on the horn....

Seeing as I'm going into divorce mediation in two weeks, I'm not bouyed by this!

Good luck, buddy!

Oh, and you should tell your lawyer of her bankruptcy plans. He may be able to get something done before that...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 here as well, IM me for the email address
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The very moment that you know that your wife has filed a Bankruptcy Petition, you must file a 'Motion to Lift Stay' and ask the US Bankruptcy Judge to order your ex-wife to 'turnover' the vehicle to your possession.

Talk to a Bankruptcy Attorney NOW, in order to get all the paperwork in order for the motion.

It might take as long as 30 days for the Preliminary Hearing on your Motion to Lift Stay to be heard by the Judge, but if the Judge orders your ex-wife to 'turnover' the Jeep Liberty, she must do it immediately!

Inform the Court that you would like it turned over with all keys, all titles, and owner's manuals, and without any 'missing parts', such as spare, jack, etc.

The Bankruptcy Judge should be very sympathetic towards you, especially when he finds out your ex-wife went out and purchased a new car on credit on the very eve of her Bankruptcy filing!

I mean, did she 'lie' on her credit application?

Things to think about as you lie awake plotting revenge.

Eric The(BankruptcyKing)Hun

I heard this guy up here ^^^^ is a lawyer, and also that he's been divorced like 8 times.  You should probably listen to him
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#42]
what would Robert Blake do if he was in your shoes
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Three words. Pooper. Post. Pics.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#44]
You should have never agreed on that deal to begin with.  Never trust anyone except a current wife to have control over your credit
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Three things:

2 and 3 are good,  I don't know if 1 is legal in Texas,  each state is different

let the boyfriend make some payments then check with your lawyer to see if you can reposses it,  since your ex missed payments and YOUR name is on the lease, Im sure the judge won't want some strange dude driving around in a car that is under your name

Texas is definately a 1 party recording state.  As long as 1 person knows, it is legal.

And, trust me on this, The Hun Knows this stuff.
Read his previous posts in this thread.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:21:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Get her on the phone and start to disagree with her and tell her that she cant do XY and Z specifically and get it all on tape. Tell her what she is planning is illegal and could get her in trouble and it is not worth it. In essensce, get her to repeat the whole thing.

If the jeep is in your name can't you just re-possess it and make the payments yourself?

S.O.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top