Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 12:48:41 PM EDT
For some strange reason, my printer kicked on and started to print out a order form form the CMP

Now I find my hand reaching out for a pen, and starting to fill in the order forms, HELP HELP HELP.......MAYDAY, MAYDAY, S.O.S.  S.O.S.  S.O.S.  S.O.S.  S.O.S.    
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Resistance is futile.

You will be bankrupted.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no ejection seat on this bullet-ridden airplane. You will crash and burn.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope everything will be OK, but I dont know......

The restless sleepless nights, the running to the window, peering longingly out, at every sound of a vehicle driving by, in hopes of spotting the Fed-Ex truck, rambling up the drive...

The way the Fed-Ex driver CAUTOUSLY approches your house, as you bound out the door, and down 4 steps and run across the yard, dancing about in circles, while trying to sign the reciept....

The RUSH of the UNKNOWN as you open the large brown box, slicing through the tape with such ease, and care, so as not to knick the priceless item inside..

The AWE that is felt when you set your eyes on that BUETIFUL GARAND, or 1903 or 1903A3..for the first time..

The soft caress of your hand on the wood, as you and the rifle bond and become 1...

The sigh of relief, and the joy and proud feelings you have that rush over you....

Yup, I have to do this again...SOON....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Feel free to buy as many as you want, since there seems to be quite a market for people turning around and immediately selling their CMP guns (a market I am quite familiar with, unfortunately ).  I've ssen a lot of CMP service grad rifles selling for about $800 - so you might as well get some while the getting's good.

... plus, you can ALWAYS sell one or two to your Danish friend
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

... plus, you can ALWAYS sell one or two to your Danish friend

and who would that be?

Lets see, you call me names, left a grafetti note in my case of Danish ammo, made fun of me when you got your order of Danish ammo first, EVEN THO, I had told you about the end of the gettings, and then you made fun of me...

Yup, may be  my friend after all, I still got to think about it...

NOW, if you want to really be me friend, send me a case of Danish 30-06, and we will be good to go

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I fought as hard as I could, BUT I lost the battle....

A sealed envelope is now on the dining table, waiting to be mailed out, all the paers got signed, and order form filled out for....

A Remington 1903A3.......

NOW NO MORE, THAT IS IT, NO MORE FOR THE YEAR, NONE ZIP, THIS IS THE LAST ONE..............
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well I fought as hard as I could, BUT I lost the battle....

A sealed envelope is now on the dining table, waiting to be mailed out, all the paers got signed, and order form filled out for....

A Remington 1903A3.......

Congrats  

NOW NO MORE, THAT IS IT, NO MORE FOR THE YEAR, NONE ZIP, THIS IS THE LAST ONE..............

I think we've all said that about gun purchases at some point in time

... it never works
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think we've all said that about gun purchases at some point in time

... it never works

4 or 5 times a year.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I mean it, NO MORE, THIS IS IT, NADDA, ZIP NO MORE....

DK, now give me my AMMO..... I will not give up on this one BUD.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually the most fun for me is taking it down, fully, checking all the markings, making notes, checking them against references, seeing when each part was created, when the rifle was assembled, when it was re-assembled/refinished, etc...

It's like a living monument to history that I can then go out and shoot and say "Holy cow! This 60 year old rifle just put all 8 rounds into a paper plate at 200 yards! Woo-hoo!"

Not stellar accuracy for a match gun, but for a 60+ year old rifle? I think that's pretty damn good. Especially ones that have seen combat.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#13]
It took over 1 year to get my M1 Garand from the DCM(a Fed govt agency), thanks to the anti-gunners which privatized the DCM to what we know as the CMP. Delivery for Garands has dropped from 1 year to weeks. Good folks, get your Garands from the CMP you won't be disappointed. The CMP Garands are head and shoulders better than the Blue Sky stuff that is widely available.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Service grade.......Dane or Greek?  The bug has bitten me too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
For some strange reason, my printer kicked on and started to print out a order form form the CMP

Now I find my hand reaching out for a pen, and starting to fill in the order forms, HELP HELP HELP.......MAYDAY, MAYDAY, S.O.S.  S.O.S.  S.O.S.  S.O.S.  S.O.S.    

You are ADDICTED!
Just like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#16]
The CMP, makes it to darn EASY........
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey 1shott, what does a CMP end up costing you? I can get a nice Garand around here for $800, is it worth the extra trouble to save the hassle or?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#18]
M1 GARAND SERVICE GRADE USGI ISSUE
SA M1 Garand, Springfield Armory $500
HRA M1 Garand, Harrington & Richardson $525
http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm

Tell you what, I'll bet there are PLENTY of people willing to go through the "extra trouble" to sell you a $500 dollar rifle for $800.

Quoted:
Hey 1shott, what does a CMP end up costing you? I can get a nice Garand around here for $800, is it worth the extra trouble to save the hassle or?

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Service grade.......Dane or Greek?  The bug has bitten me too.

there are no service grade danes left, but I've had pretty good luck with rack grades. Don't be disappointed by the wood though, it can be pretty ugly but usually cleans up nicely.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

For a service grade SA, $500..

Rack grades are less than that, so are the rack grade Greek issue and Danish issue....

Yes, IMO, the CMP is worth any hassel it may seem like......
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rack grades are less than that, so are the rack grade Greek issue and Danish issue....

Ehh...Guess I need to submit my paperwork as well since they take CHL now...thanks $300 makes it worth it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ehh...Guess I need to submit my paperwork as well since they take CHL now...thanks $300 makes it worth it.

No problem, BUT it will now cost you 1 case of Danish 30-06 ammo, shipping info to follow....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Ha!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ha!

Dont make me add you to my sigline.......
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ha!

Well I'm already screwed, I just filled out the PDF form. One H&R for me...now it'll just have to sit on my harddrive till I can pay for it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ha!

Well I'm already screwed, I just filled out the PDF form. One H&R for me...now it'll just have to sit on my harddrive till I can pay for it.

Sweet, CONGRATS........
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I was even more fucked when I opened an email from another member tonight and he had a Midway USA sale on Leupold M1 LR scopes.  I picked up an 8.5-25x50 LR M1 Mildot for $700.  That's $700 that's now on my credit card.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#28]
There's nothing like greeting the FedEx guy at 10:00 AM as he hands you a box with a rifle in it.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Sign, shoot and enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Next time you're sending out an S.O.S. while trying to prevent yourself from buying an M-1 Garand, please use the correct code.  Goes like this: Blam-Blam-Blam-Blam-Blam-Blam-Blam-Blam-Ping!  

Oh, yeah, I guess you're screwed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Well the envolpe got mailed this A.M. before work, now we start the WAITING......

1 Remington 1903A3 heading my way......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top