Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 9:55:00 AM EDT
That targeted muslims, and had the power/resources/determination to exterminate them, would you support him?

I would add a poll but I don't know how.  I imagine some people would say yes but don't want to publicly voice their opinion.

I know I'll catch unmitigated hell for this question, so be it.  The answers should be interesting and entertaining though.

Think this is a far-fetched idea?  We had someone like this, albiet not as "successful", not too long ago.

My opinion:  The muslim world needs to start taking accountability for the actions of these "freedom fighters", or this scenario may be the only option for western civ.

Flame away.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
IBT IBTL
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, I don't have a beef against Islam, just certain people who practice the faith.

That "Hitler" you are looking for just might turn out to be Putin. We watch for terrorism, they live under terrorism from Chechen sepratists.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#3]
No

Most muslims arent that bad of people.  The radicals are the ones that need killin.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Genocide is wrong, regardless of who is doing it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I'd keep as quiet.  Muslims do these days when one of theirs is commiting atrocities.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Hitler was evil, and insane.
NO SANE person supports the systematic extermination of a people.

But a war against a declared enemy is a different thing altogether.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
See, using the term " Hitler " in this instance, cheapens the horror that he sprung upon the world.  The fact is, Schicklegruber murdred millions of people who had done no harm to either him or his people.  He in fact scapegoated those he did not like and used them as slave labor, then exterminated them enmass.  Islamic terrorists however, are a real threat.  They do attack innocents and conduct mass murder.  They are not harmless or helpless.  Therefore to draw a moral equivallency is not really valid.

He is the only historical figure I could think of that would be the best reference point for this question.  Most people I talk to in real life either don't know who Milosevic is or just think "we attacked him because he was anti-American".  I will admit however that the area I live in is not the brightest in the nation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't.

Genocide is Genocide, no matter how you slice that cake.

I hope the russians deal with this effectively and final, not pussyfooting around.

They need to send a clear message to the chechans

"WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS BULLSHIT!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top