Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 9:12:35 AM EDT
one pair of US Navy Flight Boots size 12r.  Supply won't have them for me until October.  I need them by the 12th of this month as I am going to Pensecola for Aircrew.  Being a reservist they said My RESCEN has to provide me with a flight suit, which I have and flight boots which I don't and they have none even close to what I need.  Any ideas where I can get a pair or even borrow?

TIA
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Bueller?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't help ya - but the most comfortable pair of boots I ever had were USN issue flight deck boots.  
Lost them when I left Naples.  I'd buy another pair in a second.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Try getting supply to do an open purchase for you.  It's UNSAT that you can't get your gear.  There is more than just one type/brand of boot for flyers.  I'm wearing Matterhorns, issued by my supply.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#5]
You can shop the Navy Exchange on line. Either that or take a drive to NAS Willowgrove on route 611 just north of Philly. You should be able to find them there. Then again since you are a Squid reservist in aviation, you probably drill there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You can shop the Navy Exchange on line. Either that or take a drive to NAS Willowgrove on route 611 just north of Philly. You should be able to find them there. Then again since you are a Squid reservist in aviation, you probably drill there.

Roger that, I do drill there, and the NEX doesn't stock them.  The online lex doesn't list them either.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#7]
No joy here.
My foot is a 9-1/2.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Why do you need any flight gear?
Way back when...(1986) they issued the flight gear to me.
Pair of flight boots, two sets of gloves, two summer flight suits, suvival knife.
Didn't get the leather flight jacket until after graduation.

Did you call the school up?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Ebay?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top