Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 7:10:15 AM EDT
Well I have two nonrefundable tickets to Destin FL by Panama City.  We rented a beach house there for a week. I did this a month ago.  Should I still go? I don't think it is going to hit there til monday, but I don't want to get stuck there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd see what happens tonight.

If it bends north wards, the gulf will be fine. If it crosses the state near Palm Beach, the panhandle is its next landfall
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in Panama City, and if things stay as currently predicted, the worst we will get here is 40 to 50 mph winds and some rain.  If you can live with that for a day, I'd say come on down.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd see what happens tonight.

If it bends north wards, the gulf will be fine. If it crosses the state near Palm Beach, the panhandle is its next landfall

+1 for that ... As I said above "as currently predicted"
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:15:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm in Panama City, and if things stay as currently predicted, the worst we will get here is 40 to 50 mph winds and some rain.  If you can live with that for a day, I'd say come on down.

Cool I'll be back on forth from Lynn Haven to Destin all week.  My buddy just had a baby.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool I'll be back on forth from Lynn Haven to Destin all week.  My buddy just had a baby.

Cool, I live in Lynn Haven.  Maybe we can get together for a brew
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope. Check out the satellite pics. This is a huge storm, and it's probably going to start there Saturday. Food, water, gas and other supplies are getting real hard to find down in South Florida, and I'm sure the panhandle isn't far behind.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:18:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Just opt out and collection the vacation insurance.

You did get the insurance, given that it's hurricane season, right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:19:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool, I live in Lynn Haven.  Maybe we can get together for a brew

We are supposed to go fishing off shore in his boat if the waves aren't too high.  We are going to compass lake to wakeboard if you want to go.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well I have two nonrefundable tickets to Destin FL by Panama City.  We rented a beach house there for a week. I did this a month ago.  Should I still go? I don't think it is going to hit there til monday, but I don't want to get stuck there.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:25:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
We are supposed to go fishing off shore in his boat if the waves aren't too high.  We are going to compass lake to wakeboard if you want to go.

Appreciate the offer, but I'd just bust my ass (and you'd post pics).  I'll IM you my information and maybe we can get together though.  I might even know your friend who knows.  Lynn Haven isn't to big of a place at all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#11]
My mother and sister are going to be in Destin this weekend.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I want to go!  Catch some waves for me man, I wish I could hit that surf!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top