Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 6:54:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Not really a flip-flop.  He was a lifelong southern Democrat and considered President Clinton to be just like him.  I have talked to LOTS of people that liked Clinton (until the Monica thing) and like President Bush as well.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:56:16 AM EDT
[#2]
duely noted.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Funny, I'd always heard he was known as "Give 'em Hell Zell" until last night, when the dems on CNN started calling him "Zig-Zag Zell".

??
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Miller has stated publicly that he does not like the direction that the democratic party has taken in the last years
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Funny, I'd always heard he was known as "Give 'em Hell Zell" until last night, when the dems on CNN started calling him "Zig-Zag Zell".

??

They probably call him that because he doesn't vote the party line.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:58:18 AM EDT
[#6]
That Susan Aldrich (I think that's her name, the ugly broad with the raspy voice) was saying the same thing on Gretta Van Sustren last night. Here's my take on it:

We weren't in the middle of WWIII when Clinton was in office! Now we are! That is why Zell flipped, that is why Ed Koch flipped and that is why all true Americans will be voting for Bush.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#7]
They can way what ever they want about him.He's been bashing the Dems since before he cam out with his book and that was last year I think.

Everything he said last night was true and its going to hurt Kerry,especailly in south.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Zell said last night that he didn't understand how liberal the Senate dems were until he was elected.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#9]

"Hey look, it's Captain Bringdown and the Buzzkillers...!"
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:01:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#11]
It's pretty common these days.
The Dem mayor of Youngstown, OH (crazy liberal, union, mafia town) is endorsing Bush for President.
The St Paul Dem mayor is endorsing Bush. (they are saying he may face a recall for his support!)
Former NY mayor Koch.
Current mayor Bloomburg wait a minute, he's a Repubilcan.  I forgot for a minute.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Zell Miller hasn't changed in the past 12 years.

The democratic party has steered violently to the left in that time, enough to make LBJ look like a moderate.

Zell's values have been consistent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Blindsided with what?

Do you think the Demo's are going to praise Zell?  Of course they're gonna talk-shit. Just like they will after GW speaks tonight. BFD...!

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:21:12 AM EDT
[#15]
The term Southern Democrat came about because Lincoln was a Republican.  Since the Civil War No self respecting southerner would associate with a republican, let alone be one.  But they were, until recently very conservative.

Since the advent of the daschle democraps ( ie clinton) the party has gone so far left as to be social/communists that preach the "it's not your fault -- it's the evil rich men that made you poor"  This has turned many people off and they are democrats.  Just look at the map and you will see those getting bribes are those voting for democrats.  

The democrats would have a hard time getting a dog to play with them unless they had that steak tied around their neck.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Miller said his final transformation came during the Homeland security debate when Tom Daschle held the Homeland security bill hostage 11 times because of a collective bargaining amendment he wanted included that had noting to do with national security.

The term Southern Democrat came about because Lincoln was a Republican. Since the Civil War No self respecting southerner would associate with a republican, let alone be one. But they were, until recently very conservative.

Not all parts of the South were Democrat. Many parts of Western North Carolina and East Tennessee were Republican during and from the Civil War. These areas were strongly pro Union during the war and actively resisted and fought the Confederacy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Remember also that Clinton ran as a Centrist/Moderate Democrat.  Sure things changed when he got in office but he was supposed to be a moderate and Zell Miller has always stated he wouldn't abandon his party.  I think in the last four years the fringe wings of the Democratic Party have taken over and it is NOT the same party that he supported in '92
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Zell Miller hasn't changed in the past 12 years.

The democratic party has steered violently to the left in that time, enough to make LBJ look like a moderate.

Zell's values have been consistent.

So True-

Its like Zell said, There used to be the left and the Far left.Now its the Far left and The Far Far Left.

The Dems are getting worse and worse every year.They left The Middle of the road and average Joe along time ago.

If you are not a female,Gay, or Minority they offer you nothing.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Bring back the Whig party!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Blindsided with what?

Do you think the Demo's are going to praise Zell?  Of course they're gonna talk-shit. Just like they will after GW speaks tonight. BFD...!

Yes, they will talk shit.  But I didn't actually expect them to take our primary complaint against Kerry - flipflopping - and hit Zell with it.

The mud throwing hasn't even started yet. Kerry's on the ropes and they know it. They've brought in some of the Clinton "clan" to help.

It's gonna get nasty...!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#22]
I would suspect Zell Miller can take whatever the critics want to throw at him.  His greatest weapon is the fact that he truly seems to be following his conscience and doing what he believes is right, Republican or Democrat.  That's what has DU and the TV media in a furor, they don't understand the concept.  "Well...Well...He's stupid!"
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I would suspect Zell Miller can take whatever the critics want to throw at him.  His greatest weapon is the fact that he truly seems to be following his conscience and doing what he believes is right, Republican or Democrat.  That's what has DU and the TV media in a furor, they don't understand the concept.  "Well...Well...He's stupid!"

Truer words were never spoken!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Zell supported "Moderate Bill Clinton of the Public Persona," not "Cigar Billy Jeff the Amoral."  In spite of his party affiliation, he eventually saw & expressed the distinction IIRC.  Nothing "flip-floppy" about his speech last night IMHO.  He has concerns about the freedom & safety of his future generations, as do many of us.

BTW - If you have never read or heard his keynote speech from the 2002 NRA Member's Banquet, it is definitely worth a read IMO:  www.nrawinningteam.com/bios02/zellm.html

ETA:   IIRC, he was also publicly livid over Clinton's barrage of last-minute pardons before leaving office FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
He is clearly "Yer Granddaddy's Democrat".
However, I'm reading on DU that he was a hardcore Clinton supporter when Clinton was CinC.
I've learned to pay attention to DU when they start talking facts like that.  They were the first to start talking about how Pvt Jessica's injuries were not combat wounds, but the result of a crash.  Then we found out weeks later that what the DUers were saying was indeed the truth.
Are the Dems going to stand up and start attacking Zell for flipflopping?  Watch for that today or tomorrow, if they haven't already started that.

Zell honestly believed that Clinton would be a 'New Democrat', and save the party from the  hippie-liberals....

If you remember, this is exactly the platform Bill ran on.

Zell has publicly stated that he was dissapointed in the way Clinton governed, as the product he recieverd was not the one he bought with his support, so to speak...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
However, I'm reading on DU that he was a hardcore Clinton supporter when Clinton was CinC.
I've learned to pay attention to DU when they start talking facts like that.  They were the first to start talking about how Pvt Jessica's injuries were not combat wounds, but the result of a crash.  Then we found out weeks later that what the DUers were saying was indeed the truth.
Are the Dems going to stand up and start attacking Zell for flipflopping?  Watch for that today or tomorrow, if they haven't already started that.

DUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDU TROLL TRAITOR!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#31]
I would like him if he said something like:  "Big government is a drag on America, I am not going to bring home anymore pork for my state in the remainder of my career in the House."  That would be a major repudiation of the current demopublican system.  

Its like Zell said, There used to be the left and the Far left.Now its the Far left and The Far Far Left.

Yup:  

Social Democrats:  Far, far left -- Kennedy, Feinstein, Schumer, *Giulianai*
Social "neocon" Republicans:  Far left --in fact, many neocons are former Democrats, Trotskyites, and assorted mega-state nitwits.

Now mind you, fascism is the furthest right, and that's just as bad.  Bbut it's not really good to think in terms of two wings, unless you realize they are connected to the same giant bird of prey.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#32]
I remember when the Republicans called him Zig-Zag Zell when he was running for Governor of Georgia.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Miller supported Clinton in 1992 because he believed Clinton was a moderate democrat. In some ways he was - welfare reform, NAFTA, etc. But he turned out to be no damn good. He never gave any indication in the campaign that he would fight for gun bans the way he did. Then there was his personal life of course, which became an issue when the dumbass got caught.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Alot of voters were "conned" into thinking that Klinton was a "new Democrat" and Zell
(among others) was convinced that Clinton would "Go right" instead of just "running right"
(FAKING RIGHT) and "Going Left" and Governing.

Remember he did get a few "conservative" laws signed but then "tried" to get some
Leftist lwas passed, until "WE GUN OWNERS" stopped him in his tracks by voting
the Demo's out of the majority in Congress back in '94.....

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#36]
From Neil Boortz today:

Anybody noticing how the media can't stop trying to discredit Zell Miller for supporting President Bush this year?  From columns and articles calling him "Zig-Zag-Zell" to the media actually calling him a "turncoat," the left cannot stand that any Democrat would actually dare support George Bush.  The media, at the behest of their masters at the Democratic National Committee, are raking Zell over the coals.

But really as Ronald Reagan used to say, Zell Miller didn't leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left him.  No longer is there any room in their party for Democrats like Zell..southern, conservative Democrats that are for a strong national security and personal responsibility.  The extreme left has taken over the modern Democratic party, which is now the party of Michael Moore, Tom Daschle, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry.  Conservative Democrats need not apply.

And so what if Zell spoke to the 1992 Democratic National Convention?  That was 12 years ago!  If you actually think this charge sticks somehow, ask yourself this: how many times have you changed your mind about something over the last 12 years?  Too many times to count, I am sure.  The media also loves to trot out Zell's introduction of John Kerry at some event in 2001 where he called him an authentic war hero.  Senator Miller hasn't  changed his position on that...he's not attacking The Poodle personally.  He just realizes what hopefully most people will realize: John Kerry's positions make him unacceptable as a commander in chief.

The Democrats expected Zell to fall in line when he came to Washington.  They were wrong, and now they're paying dearly for it.

If you have the time, I would strongly sugest that you read his book "A National Party No More". You will clearly understand what brought him to the place where he stood before the GOP convention last night. It should be mandatory reading for all Dems, and all Reps could learn a thing or two also.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#37]
he said on rush today that he was a Klinton supporter until he saw how badly Klinton acted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top