Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 5:41:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
That he simply recited the extreme left wing talking points, then rebutted them.
That puts everybody else in an extremely awkward position.
Either the rest of the party is in the position of saying "YES!  We ARE an occupation force, not liberators" or "I have NEVER heard that from anybody.  I don't know what he's talking about."
I was listening to NPR as I was reading the DU reaction.  I was rolling on the floor laughing at both reactions.
Zell is extremely divisive for the Demos.  He shines a bright light on the bad apples and highlights the move to the left.  That's why they hate him.
And it is a beautiful thing.

Amen, brutha...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:43:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:46:48 AM EDT
[#3]
And none of you find it the least bit odd that a Democrat gave the keynote.  The two-party veneer is translucent...  Some of you actually celebrate McCain and Giuliani?  WTF?  Both are anti-gun demagogues.  Giuliani tried to stay mayor after the election citing the 9/11 emergency.  Why does anyone keep pretending that these people are good for America?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:48:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And none of you find it the least bit odd that a Democrat gave the keynote.  The two-party veneer is translucent...  Some of you actually celebrate McCain and Giuliani?  WTF?  Both are anti-gun demagogues.  Giuliani tried to stay mayor after the election citing the 9/11 emergency.  Why does anyone keep pretending that these people are good for America?

I've heard just the opposite from folks here.  The majority dislike both McCain and Giuliani, seeing them for what they really are.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:54:05 AM EDT
[#5]
In response to Rudy and McCain... I love those guys during this election because they are useful.  They can help Bush get votes.  After the election they will be revealed and discarded for who they are.

Neither, repeat, neither, could survive the GOP presidential candidate grooming machine.  There are way too many farther-right forces in the party to allow that to happen.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:56:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:00:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Why do you keep pretending to have a point?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you keep pretending to have a point?

pOWn3d!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:05:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
And none of you find it the least bit odd that a Democrat gave the keynote.  The two-party veneer is translucent...  Some of you actually celebrate McCain and Giuliani?  WTF?  Both are anti-gun demagogues.  Giuliani tried to stay mayor after the election citing the 9/11 emergency.  

No, no he didn't.

Why does anyone keep pretending that these people are good for America?

What do you know about "what's good for America"?
The Libertarian Party supports open borders, no passports, no customs, and bringing ALL of our troops home from overseas.
Given the threat that exists, that would mean OUR DEATH.
Does the Libertarian Party change these foolish ideas, in the face of such a danger to our Country?
No.
Idiots.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:12:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:14:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:16:03 AM EDT
[#12]
IMO He (ZM) would probably be a better VP than Cheney.  I am not saying Cheney is bad, but let the Democrats fight a ticket with one of their own on it.  The only thing his speech was missing was chants of Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:20:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Zell's attempt to jolt the Dems back into reality reminds me of one of my herpes, Theodore Roosevelt, and his views towards the republican party of the time.

<---Likes 'ole Zell, I tell ya!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, the 9/11 attacks were on election day for mayor...was there any other choice? Eventually they had the election and he's no longer the mayor. IIRC, he wasn't even running for the position again. Not sure about that but that's what I seem to recall.

Or, put another way, He had to step up, grow a set, and say "back off! Someone has to be in charge here!" during 9/11, knowing full well some would hate him for it.

I respect him deeply for that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Zell's attempt to jolt the Dems back into reality reminds me of one of my herpes, Theodore Roosevelt

One of your HERPES?????  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:29:15 AM EDT
[#17]
You name your Herpes blisters after Presidents?

Do you have like, uh  a "Herpes Mt Rushmore"?

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Zell's attempt to jolt the Dems back into reality reminds me of one of my herpes, Theodore Roosevelt, and his views towards the republican party of the time.

<---Likes 'ole Zell, I tell ya!hr

Do you mean herOes?  'Cause if not, then that's just way too much information.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#19]
whpever out the o and the p beside each pther pn the keybpard shpuld be shpt.

<----
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:33:23 AM EDT
[#21]
A little DU reaction for your entertainment  

FrustratedDemInNC  (1000+ posts)       Thu Sep-02-04 10:23 AM
Response to Original message

13. I think Miller is suffering from

some type of dementia/early Alzheimer's disease. I truly feel sorry for him and think the other side is using his illness for their own sick agenda. He talked about dying a democrat and the reference to his "mommy and daddy" just reinforces my opinion.

He is a sad and pathetic man being manipulated by this administration - another example of how vile and heartless republicans are.

GM

ETA spelling
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:40:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:43:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two parties, two Americas ... works for me.

So political strategy isn’t your big strength huh?

no kidding.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:45:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
whpever out the o and the p beside each pther pn the keybpard shpuld be shpt.

<----

TAG!  I'm keeping this one for the next time someone whines about spelling nazis!  Even though it was an accident, it's a terrific illustration of how 1 letter can change the entire meaning and tone of a statement.    
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#26]
I am planning to write him a letter  to express my thanks.

He is a true bi-partisan...working FOR this nation...not just for his party
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:46:39 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The Libertarian (Big "L") Party has sadly evolved into an anachronism in a fairly short time.  It was a good idea--too bad the train derailed.  

I equate the Libertarian party with Christians, they took a most excellent idea and then ruined it by building a religion/political party around it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
A little DU reaction for your entertainment  

FrustratedDemInNC  (1000+ posts)       Thu Sep-02-04 10:23 AM
Response to Original message

13. I think Miller is suffering from

some type of dementia/early Alzheimer's disease. I truly feel sorry for him and think the other side is using his illness for their own sick agenda. He talked about dying a democrat and the reference to his "mommy and daddy" just reinforces my opinion.

He is a sad and pathetic man being manipulated by this administration - another example of how vile and heartless republicans are.

GM

ETA spelling

There is just no educating some of the ignorant and pathetic of this country.  They are truly the sheep.  I just can not fathom how anyone of a sane mind could choose Kerry.  What is it that they think he will bring this country?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, at least I got a new sigline outta this thread.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Miller was not the 'Keynote' speaker that would have been VP Dick Cheney.

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<---Likes 'ole Zell, I tell ya!

Do you mean herOes?  'Cause if not, then that's just way too much information.

Some things ARE better left unsaid!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Half the Dems want to string up Zell, and the other half..., well, just read this!

Hail, Zell! He feigns abandonment of Dems, then trashes Rep convention!

He's at the end of his career and has nothing to lose. He yearns to see a Democrat in office during his declining years. He knows what a Bush victory would do to the Supreme Court. With Kerry's understanding, he begins to spout irrational Limbaugh-like criticism of the Democrats in order to maneuver his way into the enemy's camp. Then, when the eyes of the world are upon him, he turns on the Republicans and spews an endless stream of idiocy. And THEN, the coup de grace, he challenges Chris Matthews to a duel. Even the "liberal" media can't keep a lid on such a bizarro performance. Bush is toast. Kerry is President. And we owe it all to Zell "Nathan Hale" Miller. Such selflessness. We must not let his memory be forgotten.

GM
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Libertarian (Big "L") Party has sadly evolved into an anachronism in a fairly short time.  It was a good idea--too bad the train derailed.  

I equate the Libertarian party with Christians, they took a most excellent idea and then ruined it by building a religion/political party around it.

Always got to get some jab at someone or some group in there dontchya heilo? Must be hard to walk on water...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two parties, two Americas ... works for me.

So political strategy isn’t your big strength huh?

Senator Kerry says he sees two Americas. It makes the whole thing mutual - America sees two John Kerrys.
-- VP Dick Cheney, Sept 2, 2004

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Uh, the 9/11 attacks were on election day for mayor...was there any other choice? Eventually they had the election and he's no longer the mayor. IIRC, he wasn't even running for the position again. Not sure about that but that's what I seem to recall.

IIRC, he stepped out of politics while getting treated for cancer.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Always got to get some jab at someone or some group in there dontchya heilo? Must be hard to walk on water...

Not hard at all, what gave you that idea?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top