Matthews is a total ass.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:03:38 AM EDT
[#2]
sweet
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:04:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:04:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Kerry should get Matthews to be his press secretary.

Oh, wait. He already is.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:05:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Good God. What a smack down.

Now that's the democratic party I used to belong to.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:06:22 AM EDT
[#6]
It seems that Zell's inability to hear Matthews caused him to misunderstand what was being heard and then he flew off the handle.  I love Zell, but I think he looked a little goofy in that interview.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:06:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:06:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow! Damn Zel. Give 'em hell man.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:07:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Matthews sucks!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:10:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:13:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Matthews sucks!!!

Mattews is the handmaid of the DNC.

-LS
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:14:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It seems that Zell's inability to hear Matthews caused him to misunderstand what was being heard and then he flew off the handle.  I love Zell, but I think he looked a little goofy in that interview.

Yeah, but Matthews still came off as a prick.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:14:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:14:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Maybe....but the reason Zell could not hear was because Chrissy kept trying to man-handle Zell and kept talking  over him. That is his trademark but he should learn some respect when interviewing a Governor/Senator.  Zell deserved better treatment and he demaned it from Mathews. It was Mathews that looked like an ASS and he deserved it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:20:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Matthews is an idiot and if we had more folks like Zen Miller (either Democrap or Republican) these pansy liberals wouldn't open their traps like they do so often.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:20:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:21:50 AM EDT
[#18]
The video only covers about half of the total interview. Here is a transcript of the rest of the interview starting where the video lets off.

MILLER: The only reason you are doing it is because you are standing way over there in Herald Square.

(LAUGHTER)

MATTHEWS: Senator, Senator, can I speak softly to you? I would really like you to...

MILLER: What? No, no, no, because you won‘t give me a chance to answer. You ask these questions and then you just talk over what I am trying to answer, just like you did that woman the other day.

MATTHEWS: Well, Senator...

MILLER: I don‘t know why I even came on this program.

MATTHEWS: Well, I am glad you did.

(CHEERING AND APPLAUSE)

MATTHEWS: Let me ask you this about John Kerry‘s war record.

MILLER: Well, are you going to shut up after you ask me?

(LAUGHTER)

MILLER: Or are you going to give me a chance to answer it?

MATTHEWS: Yes, sir.

(LAUGHTER)

MATTHEWS: I am going to give you a chance to answer.

You used very strong words tonight about the Democratic candidate, much stronger than you are using with me. And they will be remembered a lot longer than anything you say to me now. So I am not really worried about what you say now, except that this country was promised unity after the last election by the president that you are supporting. And he urged the country to come together. Do you think you helped that cause tonight?

MILLER: I think I helped the cause of trying to tell the American people why John Kerry is unfit for the presidency and why we need to keep George W. Bush in as the president, because it‘s the way that we can keep this nation more secure and my family more safe.

MATTHEWS: Did I ask you about your role in the Democratic Party, because you have caused such a hit tonight, because you are a man of the Democratic Party? Long before this election, you had to watch as a Southern conservative the nomination by your party of people like George McGovern, Fritz Mondale, Jimmy Carter, liberal after liberal after liberal, including Mike Dukakis, perhaps the most liberal of them all. What caused you to cross the aisle tonight?

MILLER: By coming to Washington and seeing firsthand what a mess it is and how far out the Senate Democrats are.

They are off the chart as far as being with the mainstream of America. I think the straw that broke the camel‘s back was the homeland security measure, when, time after time, John Kerry and the Democrats put collective bargaining above homeland security. That did it for me.

MATTHEWS: Well, that did it for Max Cleland as well, didn‘t it?

MILLER: It surely did. And probably Jean Carnahan.

And nobody is to blame, except—well, they are to blame because they voted that way. But who is really to blame is Tom Daschle for insisting that they do it 11 times over a four-months period. It was dumb.

MATTHEWS: And, well, you could argue that it was politically dumb of Max Cleland to support the labor unions in Georgia against what looked like the national interests. My question is, is it good for America to impugn that vote as a vote against the security of this country?

MILLER: That vote was not impugned. He did not get defeated because of that ad that you like to talk about. You can‘t vote with Tom Daschle 85 percent of the time and be expected to be able to be reelected in Georgia. You know that much about Georgia and the South.

MATTHEWS: Well, sir, I also know the—and I completely agree with the need to get reelected as a statesman. Jefferson said the first order of a statesman was to get elected.

I am just wondering if you think tonight‘s speech and advertisements that show people like Max Cleland standing next to Saddam Hussein are helping bring this country together?

MILLER: That didn‘t have anything to do with Max Cleland‘s defeat.

We have already—we have already beat that dog to death.

(LAUGHTER)

MATTHEWS: Well, maybe the war did that, too.

But thank you very much for coming here tonight. I hope we can have a more civil conversation in closer terms. I would love you to come tonight. In fact, you can meet with Joe Scarborough, who will probably be nicer to you.

(LAUGHTER)

MATTHEWS: But we will both try to get the truth out of the conversation.

And I feel bad that you are upset with me, Senator. I have never had this kind of a fight with you before.

MILLER: I know it.

MATTHEWS: I think you misheard me. But please come over tomorrow night. We‘ve got a convention ending.

And, by the way, you will help our ratings tremendously if you come over tomorrow night, because everybody thinks you are going to beat me up.

(LAUGHTER)

MATTHEWS: But since somebody tried to do that last night, I don‘t think it‘s going to be a surprise.

WATTS: Hey, Chris, can I say

(CROSSTALK)

MATTHEWS: J.C. Watts wants to talk to you, Senator.

MILLER: All right.

WATTS: Hey, Senator, this is J.C. Watts.

MILLER: Hey, J.C.

WATTS: You can put your feet under my dinner table any day of the week.

(LAUGHTER)

MILLER: Thank you. Thank you.

MATTHEWS: Well, I guess everybody loves the senator.

MILLER: Good to be with you.

MATTHEWS: Hey, it‘s great having you on. Let‘s be friends. Let‘s be friends.

MILLER: See you later.

MATTHEWS: Thank you.

Well, that was unexpected turn of events.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:22:32 AM EDT
[#19]
tagged
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Damm....Never thought I'd be aplauding a Dem.

Go Zell!

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:28:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The video only covers about half of the total interview. Here is a transcript of the rest of the interview starting where the video lets off.
<snip!>

Where did you get that transcript?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:28:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Now THAT, I enjoyed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#23]
More   cowbell duels.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#24]

MATTHEWS: Thank you.

Well, that was unexpected turn of events.

What? Getting your ass handed to you? I'll BET that  was unexpected!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:36:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Excellent!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:44:55 AM EDT
[#26]
them there metaphurs can be a bitch... haha

I didn't see anything but an angry guys and a fat guy pushing his buttons.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:49:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Can someone give me the link to video of Miller's speech?

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:54:44 AM EDT
[#28]
That was outstanding. Matthews seems to operate the way most con-men do: by counting on the good manners of his victims to let his deceit slide by. There was one exchange that seems to have been the result of a misunderstanding, but otherwise Miller laid the wood to him just by refusing to be steamrolled. The bit about the spitballs - "Well, he didn't want them to defend America with the B1 bomber or the B2 bomber or . . . " was priceless.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:57:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Can someone give me the link to video of Miller's speech?

www.2004nycgop.org/rewind/090104/miller.shtml

Zell Miller is a class act, and I don't know of anyone who has been a stronger supporter of the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Where did you get that transcript?

msnbc (link)

You will have to go through the whole show transcript to find the Miller interview
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#31]
TAGGED FOR LATER
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:27:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Zell Miller is the awesome.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:36:17 AM EDT
[#33]
The best was when the camera panned to the Rebs watching on the Big screen and showed them cheering Zell on.

Chris Matthews ass must hurt this morning.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:03:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Chris Matthews has had this coming for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Man , did he hand Matthews his ASS

Talk about OWNED !!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Miller gave Matthews what he deserved.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Mathews is laughing like its all in good fun, but i think Zell wants to punch him.  lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#38]
"Bring back dueling!!!"
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't know who to be more embarassed for. Miller sounded like an ornery old codger and Matthews a simple, stuttering prick whose brain is a teleprompter.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#41]
PWN3D!  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Someone buy that senator some dueling pistols.  One with his name engraved and the other with that fat bastards name.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#43]
that made my week.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#44]
That was long overdue and deserved.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Tagged
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:17:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Someone buy that senator some dueling pistols.  One with his name engraved and the other with that fat bastards name.

I'm seeing a couple of nice ones, with a plaq or something that says "From your friends at AR15.com"

That'd be great
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:28:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Miller gave Matthews what he deserved.

And then some!

No wonder MSNBC's ratings are sinking deeper into the cesspool.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:29:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:31:55 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

No, it doesnt. He took what Matthews was asking him, and moved it straight to the corner he was trying to get Zell into with his answer. Zell Pretty much defeated every attempt to use debating tactics to influcence the audience, and instead went for the straight on, no bullshit answer. 'Do you really believe these?' -Millers question in responce to Zell's biggest blow about Kerry voting against every major military project. Its a damn VOTING RECORD, of course he believes verified facts. Hes a really sharp guy in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:05:35 AM EDT
[#50]
That was pretty good, man Zell was realy fired upbut of course I would be to if a dumb ass was talking to me like that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top