Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 2:58:14 AM EDT
That's what I've sensed from this Republican convention.

A big contrast to the desperation at the Dem's party.

I think for a lot of dems, having Kerry as your candidate is like being set up on a blind date with an ugly, obnoxious woman, and fatalistically saying, "Well, while we're here I guess we have to dance."
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:00:36 AM EDT
[#1]
That's part of it.  Another part is clarity of message IMHO

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:17:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the CONTENT of the messege has alot to do with it as well.

As tight as the race seems to both sides need to grab the "Undecideds" (It still amazes me that anyone CAN be undecided) to win and I think the Dems/Libs see the RNC messege selling better to those folks than their own "Doom-N-Gloom" pitch.

FWIW, I thought the best line from a speech last night was (Zell Miller's ?) observation that Kerry, while decrying outsourcing of jobs would "Outsource" America's security to the UN lol  THERE'S a whole political ad right there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top