Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 7:40:41 PM EDT
I've authored a package of IE addons. Install it, and you get the following choices by right-clicking any selected text in an IE window:

Google Web Search
Google Groups Search
Google News Search
Google Image Search
Dictionary.com Search
Ebay Search
Itunes Search
Launch selected as URL (great for DU cold-links)

The installer is only 357KB, and works with IE6/sp2/XP and lower. Uninstaller is included. If you want it, IM me an email address, or better yet someone can host it somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The only IE add-in I trust is the Google Toolbar.  TANSTAAFL.  YMMV.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The only IE add-in I trust is the Google Toolbar.  TANSTAAFL.  YMMV.  

DITTO
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the name of the software?

I don't trust you enough to accept an emailed .exe file.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've authored a package of IE addons. Install it, and you get the following choices by right-clicking any selected text in an IE window:

Google Web Search
Google Groups Search
Google News Search
Google Image Search
Dictionary.com Search
Ebay Search
Itunes Search
Launch selected as URL (great for DU cold-links)

The installer is only 357KB, and works with IE6/sp2/XP and lower. Uninstaller is included. If you want it, IM me an email address, or better yet someone can host it somewhere.

Cool, a whole bunch of shit that Firefox and GoogleBar does already
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]
IMHO what people want the most is a spell check for firefox ,I have been loking but still can't find one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IMHO what people want the most is a spell check for firefox ,I have been loking but still can't find one.

Did you do that on purpose?!?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I wrote these. Just a few javascripts with the appropriate registry entries.

No spyware.

No crap.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you do that on purpose?!?

(pussafacation teacher) Don't use red ,red is bad to use it makes it look like you are criticizing the person (pussafacation teacher)

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Cool, a whole bunch of shit that Firefox and GoogleBar does already

I don't think Google Toolbar lets you do context searches on selected IE text. My addons do. And without sending information anywhere.

Firefox only offers one "web search" context option, from what I can tell.

There's a reason I wrote these for myself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:49:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Apparently, most people haven't looked very hard for it. www.exchangecode.com/spellbound/install.html#header

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:01:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:09:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know what you people have against MSIE.
It's a wonderful program that allows all users, from novice to expert, the ability to surf the web in style, safety and ease.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:21:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Opera has a pop-down menu that does the google +12 other searches for highlighted text. The Dictionary.com is a cool thing.

Cool. Didn't know Opera had that. Can you toggle images on/off like in IE?

Regardless, it looks like Opera is easily the best browser out there, now that I play around with it.  
Is looks worth buying to get rid of the ads.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#16]

It's slow, it's unsafe, it's ugly, it's crude ... have you ever even looked a Mozilla or Opera? Like having only driven a 1973 Ford Pinto in a city full of Ford Pintos you'll never be able to relate to us '75 GMC Pacer guys if you don't try. No pop-ups, no hi-jacks, no trojans automatically installed for us, faster, more efficient navigation, skins ...

+1 for Opera. I'm playing around with it now. Impressive, to say the least.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top