Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 5:43:40 PM EDT
When I was younger we used to play BB gun wars and stuff. And I thought it bounced out when I got shot about age 13. (pump rifles was supposed to be a max of 3 pumps this ass used 10)  When I was 17 my brother sprained my arm with his wooden ninja sword and on X Rays the Dr. saw the BB was still there. He told me that it hasn't bothered me so far, so just leave it in there.

Now 18 years later I think it is starting to bug me. I saw it again 3 years ago in an X Ray so I know it didn't magically come out . My hand is getting really stiff and sore and I can pin point the spot where it is really hurts and it must be that stupid BB.   Naybe there some kinda super magnet they can suck it out with or something now. I just started a new job though and was wondering how much downtime would there be if they dug it out? I'll probally go to the doctor soon.

No, I don't want any of you guys coming over and digging it out with a bayonet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
get yourself a shot of whiskey, a stick to bite on.....

and its time for exploratory surgery!

its what I would do at least....
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Most likely your  body is fighting it and building a barrier of tissue around it, which might be causing the pain.  I'd get the stupid thing removed.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#3]
c'mon ya big sissy, carve it out

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#4]
PICs!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Have the doc take it out. I've got a dime sized lump on my wrist that bugs the shit out of me and the doctor says to just leave it alone. I want to have it removed but then it'll take me off of my motorcycle for a couple weeks (I'd imagine) so I'm going to wait till the weather keeps me off the bike. What kind of work do you do?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I just like posting this picture

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I dug a 20 year old pencil point out of my arm about a year ago.  I used bactine as a local anesthesia, which is amazing stuff if you give it time to work.  Yes, it was medically irresponsible.  Yes, I would do it again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I got popped in the back as a youngster (maybe 10 or so).  It erupted through the skin about 25 years later.  Darnedest thing!  I thought it was a pimple or something until I had the little rotted ball in my hand.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Just go get an MRI.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I dug a 5/8" long catfish fin out of my foot that had been in there for four years. Used my razor sharp skinning knife and gave it a good slice then chickened out. About a week later the festering pus running hole that it became let go of the fin and healed back up. I felt better within a week. That was 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#13]

So what sliced up the hands in the pics?  

I'd be nervous about tendon and nerve damage doing self-surgery to a hand.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Just make an appointment and it will take 5 mins tops.  I had a dart tip stuck in my forearm.  Went to the hospital, took em 5 minutes, healed in a week completely, never had any problems.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Friend had a carpet needle stuck in his foot for years, felt it enter when he had first stepped on it but could never find anything. Years later, his foot was giving him problems, got it x-rayed and discovered the needle. Simple surgery & it was removed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just go get an MRI.

OUCH.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#17]
AAHHHH the memories !!!!
I was an Air Force Medic for 10 years and I love you guys for the trip down memory lane. I used to sticth up guys all the time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
AAHHHH the memories !!!!
I was an Air Force Medic for 10 years and I love you guys for the trip down memory lane. I used to sticth up guys all the time.

Yea...I hate it when Navy corpsmen scrub road rash pebbles out of your skin after you lay your motorcycle down too!  That dude was ENJOYING using that damn brush and the Betadine soap.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
When I was younger we used to play BB gun wars and stuff. And I thought it bounced out when I got shot about age 13. (pump rifles was supposed to be a max of 3 pumps this ass used 10)  When I was 17 my brother sprained my arm with his wooden ninja sword and on X Rays the Dr. saw the BB was still there. He told me that it hasn't bothered me so far, so just leave it in there.

Now 18 years later I think it is starting to bug me. I saw it again 3 years ago in an X Ray so I know it didn't magically come out . My hand is getting really stiff and sore and I can pin point the spot where it is really hurts and it must be that stupid BB.   Naybe there some kinda super magnet they can suck it out with or something now. I just started a new job though and was wondering how much downtime would there be if they dug it out? I'll probally go to the doctor soon.

No, I don't want any of you guys coming over and digging it out with a bayonet.

was it a lead BB or Steel??
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
[Costanza] That's gotta hurt!![/Costanza]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top