Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 5:24:19 PM EDT
So, I can get a semiauto shotgun that has EITHER a pistol grip OR a fixed magazine capacity over five rounds in the next (checks) eleven and a half days? Although, after that, I am fully aware that it doesn't matter (hopefully).
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll give you a bump, just because this is the first time in a good while that an AWB question has been posed that I couldn't answer off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
AZnother bump because it is beyond me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Bumpity bump. Nobody knows?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't this belong in the "SHOTGUN DISCUSSION" in the Armory?  You'll find your answer there.  In fact, it's tagged there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#5]
yes, even in CA.

And after the 13th, you'll be able to get both....even in CA.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#6]
You can already get both. Mossberg makes the Persuader (sp?) model. The ban effects imports, not US made guns such as Ruger Mini's or SA M1A's.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#7]
You can get a new one that has one of the evil features.
However, the AWB says you have to wait for a new one with everything:

Semiautomatic assault weapon:

(a) Any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms in any caliber, known as:
(1) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models),
(2) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil,
(3) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70),
(4) Colt AR-15,
(5) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC,
(6) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12,
(7) Steyr AUG,
(8) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22, and
(9) Revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;
(b) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
(1) A folding or telescoping stock,
(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon,
(3) A bayonet mount,
(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, and
(5) A grenade launcher;
(c) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
(1) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip,
(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer,
(3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned,
(4) A manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded, and
(5) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and
(d) A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
(1) A folding or telescoping stock,
(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon,
(3) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds, and
(4) An ability to accept a detachable magazine.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You can already get both. Mossberg makes the Persuader (sp?) model. The ban effects imports, not US made guns such as Ruger Mini's or SA M1A's.

94 ban applies to semi-autos. IIRC, the Persuader is a pump.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No offense, but I don't think any of us should pay attention to legal advice from this guy from now on.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So, I can get a semiauto shotgun that has EITHER a pistol grip OR a fixed magazine capacity over five rounds in the next (checks) eleven and a half days? Although, after that, I am fully aware that it doesn't matter (hopefully).

I have a Mossberg Cruiser...12 gauge, 8-shot, pistol grip...but it's a pump shotgun...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like Street Sweepers are back in play!  They're great for rodent control.  No sporting purpose, my ass!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sounds like Street Sweepers are back in play!  They're great for rodent control.  No sporting purpose, my ass!

I don't think so..  IIRC, the Street Sweepers were designated NFA items (DD?) using the sporting purpose clause of the 68 GCA.  They are NFA items.  Whether or not that includes US versions, I don't know.

Corrections are welcome.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Good quesiton.  This isn't the final answer, but I think that it's a yes.

Remington offers a factory semiauto 1100 with a capacity of 8 rounds.   No pistol grip.

There's a turkey hunting semiauto out there from Benelli that comes with a factory pistol grip on a full stock.  The magazine is limited to only 3.

Seems that one or the other is OK, like others have written.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Benelli offers the M1 Super 90 without the pistol grip, with an elongated tube for 3-gun competitions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top