Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 4:14:15 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I have a Palm m515. Does anyone know if someone makes an add-on for it that will give me 802.11b capability? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Bumpity bump bump.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Sandisk SD Wi-Fi card (SDWSDB-000-768)

Everheard of Google?
Don't know if it works on your model, but the m515 supposedly has a SD slot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
It has to be a SDIO (Input Output) slot, rather than just a regular SD slot.  The SD slot was originally designed for memory only, so the newer spec was developed to replace the reliance upon Compact Flash card formats for smaller devices.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure about your model, but WiFi is pretty common on those things now.  You probably can get an add-on of some kind.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't see SDIO listed on that model (only SD).   I think you're SOL as far as WIFI or other expansion options.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, smart ass, I"ve heard of google. That card unfortunately won't work with my model Palm though

It's only compatible with PocketPC, not PalmOS 4.1. I don't think there is anything else out there that works.

The SD/MMC port on my Palm can be SDIO compatible with a driver update.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the only that I know of.

https://www.enfora.com/shop/detail.aspx?ID=27
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:14:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I was looking for the same thing for my Palm Tungsten T, which has bluetooth, but not WiFi.

Sorry, that new WiFi/Memory card put out by SanDisk is the only thing I've found so far, and it only works on a select few Pocket PC devices.  

Now if you had a device that uses a compactflash card (for handheld computers) Linksys, SanDisk and a few others makes one of those suckers for about $100 a pop.  Was gonna get my wife one, then thought better of it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, looks bleak guys. Thanks for helping though. Maybe SanDisk will release an updated card which supports PalmOS. We'll see. Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top