Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 3:22:52 PM EDT
I just recently got a new case.  It's a Raidmax Scorpio 868 (Silver).

Well, I'v never modded a case before.  Had about 5 fans inside my old case, but without much orginization, a couple intake a couple exhaust (not including the cpu hsf).

I cut out the four intake grills in the front bottom of the case, installed 4x 80mm fans with aim sight type grills, and cut out a portion of the front bezel to allow better airflow. (Don't worry, it still looks good :P)  This case also came with 1x intake 80mm fan on the side, 2x 80mm exhaust fans on the back, and 2x 80mm PS fans on either end.

I forgot I also have a system blower underneath my Radeon 9800 pro.  Doing exhaust.

Right now I am in the process of adding a blow hole at the top of the case (cause we all know hot air rises).  Here are some pics:

Original:

--------------

Without front grills removed

---------------

Front fans after case grill has been cut out and normal grill + fans installed

--------------

Pic with modified front bezel attached

--------------

Top part where I am cutting a hole.

--------------

-----------------------------------

The stock grills kill airflow when you put a fan in those slots, so I had to remove em :)  Same with the front part of that bezel, lots more airflow without it in the way.

Whatcha think?  I am thinking about adding a few more fans to the glass side panel, but gonna see how airflow is first.  I am also going to remove the back grills from the two fans included in the back.

PICS NOT WORKING, GIVE ME A FEW TO FIX
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You must be confused, the is AR15.com, not computergeek.com

Just kidding, nice computer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I  think that, even without seen the final pix,  you have enough fans and you can probaly take the existing fans and run them at 7v to quiet the thing down.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You must be confused, the is AR15.com, not computergeek.com

Just kidding, nice computer.

Anyone know of a good free image hosting site?

NVM, I got it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Christ – I thought the fucking internet was broke.  

This post is worthless with pics.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Heh :) Sorry.  They are there now.

NVM I give up, exceeded bandwidth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top