Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 2:17:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Man where is that lighning in a bottle pic when you need it?!?

Foil hat ON!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe that it applies to organizations during a campaign season. You can't air political ads that mention either cantidates name 60 days before an election, unless you are a 527 group.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
You won't be charged for "speaking in public", but you are not allowed to advertise 60 days before an election.

Yes it infringes on your rights.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, I got an idea, let's all chip in some money and buy a TV ad listing John Kerry's gun votes over his career in the senate! Woo hoo!

oh, wait, we can't, that would be illegal.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I am not an lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. That being said, I believe the SCOTUS ruled that giving money to organizations can be prohibited, because money is not speech. Or something along those lines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top