Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 2:16:25 PM EDT
Most every time I click a link here on ARFCOM I'll get "The document contains no data.", why. The second time I click the link it works but the first time it's not.  It only seems to be doing that here, on ARFCOM and sometimes on the Midway USA web site but no others.  Do I have a "bug" or "spy ware" on my system that's tracking me or  is it something that's the web sites problem.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Ever get a reply to a FOIA request with half the document blacked out? This is the web equivalent... there is information on that page that you aren't allowed to see, so government censors took it out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Camino, it's a form of Mozilla.  The thing is this just started happening the last day or two.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT for the night shift.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#5]
So does anyone have a "fix" for this problem? Funny thing is, I've been using Camino for about 2 years without any problems up until this week. I think I've got spyware or something that's messing with my browser. I can't find any free sites that'll check for this on my Mac, lots of em' for PC's but nothing for Macs.  Is there a tweek that I can do to fix this or do I need to reload my browser, come on people, I know someone has to know something, this is ARFCOM for god sake, the best web site in the world.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't just happen with Mozilla, it's happening to me using +6.0 IE at work.  This is a dupe post to the one I did yesterday, but mine got no responses (as of this morning) so it's OK.

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#7]
So it must be something on the ARFCOM end and not on our computers?  This site and Midway USA are about the only two sites where this happens. All other sites work fine. Go figure?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#8]

It is related to the ad server, I believe. I was getting timeouts yesterday from ads.ar15.com
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm running Firefox 0.9.3 under XP Pro SP2 and get the same thing from time to time (on this and other sites as well).

It looks like it happens when the page starts to display and then (for whatever reason) fails to complete the load.  Sometimes rebooting my router makes the problem go away (for awhile) and sometimes it doesn't.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#10]
the funny thing is that it just started a couple days ago. When I click for the second time it goes thru fine, no problems. It really sucks because I'm on this site so much during the day and this having to click twice is really making it a pain to surff the site. I hope if it is ARFCOM's problem that they get it fixed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top