Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/1/2004 1:05:34 PM EDT
Ok , everybody what is your favorite movie shoot out? Could it be the ending of "Scarface" when Tony Montana takes on everyone with his M-16/M-203? Or possibly in Predator , after Jesse gets taken out and everybody comes up on line and lets her rip? What about in the part in "Aliens" when the space marines are "Getting our asses kicked"(Bill Paxton) and Michal Bien pulls out his trusty 12 gauge and "Vasquez" says"LETS ROCK!!!" (yes, lets). My personal favorite is in Terminator 1 when AHNULD takes on the police station with his AR-180 and 12 gauge SPAS. Nothing against LE , they were all just actors anyway. So what says you guy's?Take care.Coondog
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
the big shootout in "Heat", of course!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The "Lobby" scene in The Matrix.

There isn't anything better.  If you disagree, then you must work to free your mind.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
1. Bank Robbery scene in Heat.

2. Opening scene in Star Wars.

3. Beach Landing in Saving Private Ryan

4. The part in Black Hawk Down where they are pinned down by the .50 cal, and Ewan McGreggor runs out when the .50 jams and blasts 'em with the grenade launcher.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
my favorite is from naked gun 2 1/2 when two guys are shooting from behind barrels at each other.  Teh camera shows each guy shooting then ducking behind his barrel, the camera pans out and it's the same barrel.  I loved that one.

You gotta love the way of the gun scenes in terms of tactical cover and fields of fire, etc.....

But, my alltime favorite gunfight scene has to be......

toss up between the usual suspects when they raid the boat and (surprise) ronin (any of them) and heat (not the big one, but the exchange at the drive in.)
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

There isn't anything better.  If you disagree, then you must work to free your mind.  

Beat me to it.

There are a lot of cool shootouts in the trilogy (but that one is the best). How about Morpheus unloading that FA Glock at the Psycho Twins? Sweet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Black Hawk Down's defending the second crash site. It had me on the edge of my seat.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]
The final shootout in "A Fistfull of Dollars" where Clint Eastwood makes a bulletproof vest out of a sheet of metal.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There is no lobby.  It is your mind that forms a room!

PS:  I would only say that the shootout in Heat is more realistic.  Nobody can do the Matrix dance in real life.  So I would vote for Heat just for reality sake.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quigly Down Under

when he was caught in town
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
The last 10 minutes or so of The Way of the Gun
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

Also fond of the Juliette Lewis kidnapping scene in "Way of the Gun".
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#13]
The In-Laws, with Peter Falk.  Falk and the bad guy have a shoot-out from opposite ends of a taxi.

Kirk
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#14]
There are to many to list but I wanted to add a few from Underworld.

CH
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#15]
"I said I didn't like pistols. I didn't say I coul dn't use them." Quigly

"Is that my briefcase?" Collateral..the alley scene.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#16]
"Ya have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky today?  Well, do ya, punk?"
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#17]
T2 at the cyberdine office.

And many many more.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#18]
the end of "the wild bunch"
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#19]
then entire Hard Boiled movie with Chow Yun Fat
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The In-Laws, with Peter Falk.  Falk and the bad guy have a shoot-out from opposite ends of a taxi.

Kirk

What about the tarmac scene at the airport?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#21]
The last sceans in The Sand Pebels.  Where Steve McQueen is running aournd the palace with the BAR.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Easily....
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
then entire Hard Boiled movie with Chow Yun Fat

I love when he goes to shoot the one guy point blank and in slow mo is the hammer falling and *click*
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kirk

What about the tarmac scene at the airport?

SERPENTINE!!!

The foley guys goof -up in that scene.  One of the bad guys "fires" his rifle, but there is no sound to go with the recoil.

Kirk
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Unrealistic as hell but BadBoyz II has some great shoot-um-ups.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Rooster Cogburn (John Wayne) in "True Grit" where he say's "Fill your hands you son of a bitch".  It doesn't get much better than that, especially if you are a John Wayne fan.

Shootist
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Undoubtabley the last scene in Scarface.

SAY 'ELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Never seen the shootout in Heat. :(

But once I do.. then I might have a new answer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#28]
The final shootout in The Way of the Gun. I find it a little more realistic than Heat due to the reloads. Oh, and Heat of course.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#29]
the most scenes in Leon, esp. near the end when the whole  NYPD comes after him
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Down in the creek bed. Tombstone (Kurt Russell)

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#31]
I feel like I'm jumping on the bandwagon but....

Heat

BlackHawk Down

The Way of the Gun

The Matrix

etc. etc.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#32]
The one in Open Range was pretty good, too. Except for the part where Kevin Costner fans out about 10 rounds from a sixgun at some dude. I've heard of artistic license but even a democrat would know that was BS. Definately a good scene and a good movie though-
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Down in the creek bed. Tombstone (Kurt Russell)

Hunter out...

I'll be your Huckleberry.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Final shoot out scene in "3000 miles to Graceland." Costner with the saw249...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#35]
1) The bank heist in "Heat"
2) The Shughart/Gordon MoH Scene in "BHD"
3) The final assault in "Saving Private Ryan" where the SS use the 20mm FLAK in an antipersonel app (Made me covet one of those to this day).
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#37]
1. Platoon when Charlie Sheen and his partner get out of the fox hole running torward the enemy shooting everything in sight. He then screams, "It's fucking beautiful!"

2. Heat bank robbery.

3. We Were Soldiers. Just about every firefight scene.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
the end of "the wild bunch"

I believe that was the "settling" for Poncho.

+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#39]
*HARD BOILED gun fight in the tea house
*A BETTER TOMORROW II gun fight in the hotel with SPAS 12
*We Were Soldiers first battle scene French vs. Viet Minh

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Shughart and Gordon at the scene of the Six-One crash.  

To me, seeing a realistic dramatization of what two REAL LIVE men ACTUALLY did in the face of overwhelming odds is just mindboggling.  I can't believe the US can produce men like that, to willingly go to their deaths for a complete stranger, just so no one could ever say 'they let us down'.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Final shoot out scene in "3000 miles to Graceland." Costner with the saw249...

That WAS a good one all right and how about the bank heist in Swordfish?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#43]
When Woody starts his prison break out in Natural Born Killers and of course Heat.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#44]
The end of "Unforgiven".
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Just watched Open Range the other day.  Took a long time to get to it (this movie did NOT have to be an epic) but the entire shootout was pretty well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

w3.gorge.net/jasong/pictures/lilfriend.jpg

I just made this the background for the desktop on my computer and PISSED my girlfriend off something fierce.
I think I'll keep it...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#47]
We Were Soldiers - the part where the Sgt. Maj. is plucking off VC with his 1911 as they charge his position.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Two you may have forgotten in terms of acting, realistic reloads and hilarious empty-chamber clicks...

Desperado bar gunfight (those uzis towards the end are HILARIOUS)
and Assassins in the cab - "It's bulletproof!!".

Funny how bendaras was in both, huh?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#49]
I wish some of the anime series like Cowboy Bebop or Trigun would come out into a form that most of you would accept here. When it comes to action, they dominate ANYTHING you will see in an actual movie.
Cowboy Bebop has a sequence where a guy with a Katana (hes good with it too) is fighting the main character who is using a Jericho 941 in an old cathedral. He uses the steel frame of the pistol to deflect the swings of the sword until its knocked from his hand, and hes (Spike) knocked back onto the ground by it. He grabs it and puts it to the chest of the guy with the sword at the exact moment Vicious is about the thrust the sword through him. Ends really interesting, by Spike surviving a 4-5 story fall from the top of the cathedral, and Vicious somehow surviving a handgrenade that Spike dropped at his feet as he was thrown from the building.

The other is a final fight between Vash and Knives in Trigun. They end up point blank to each other with these unique double action revovlers to each others face. Niether had their hammer back, and both of them are holding their pistol in one hand, and the others cyclinder in the other. Nither can fire because niether of them can rotate the cyclinder on their pistol. There is a release lever for their pistol (it opens like the old webly revovlers, it has a pivot for the cyclinder and barrel assembly infront of hte trigger guard) both of them release the others pistol causing it to open and eject all the empty shells, and their last live round into the air. They both grab the one live round, cram it in the cyclinder, close the action, grab the others free hand, and swing the pistols back at each other in a blink of an eye, without saying a word. From there its basically a game of based on who put the round closest to the firing sequence.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#50]
OT, but The IN-laws was some funny shit.

SERPENTINE SHELDON SERPENTINE!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top