Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 11:52:37 AM EDT
There has been talk around the car forums that you could use your car phone to unlock doors with the remote.  If you lock yourself out you could call home and have your wife open the door with her remote.  You would hold the cell phone near the car door.  

The only problem is that remotes dont use sound.  They use radio waves in the 300-350 range.  It sounded cool and plausible.  This guy had people going to a long time.  

There is some amplification that can occur.  You can extend the range some but thats about it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]
They use RF, not sound.  

Won't work.

Morons born every day.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#2]
All these guys posted about how they got it to work.  The original guy was rolling around laughing at these guys.  Morons are correct!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL...   wanna buy a traffic light changer ?  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
You use the phone to call OnStar.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
...or a locksmith.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
LOL...   wanna buy a traffic light changer ?  

Uhh..but those actually exist.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There has been talk around the car forums that you could use your car phone to unlock doors with the remote.  If you lock yourself out you could call home and have your wife open the door with her remote.  You would hold the cell phone near the car door.  

The only problem is that remotes dont use sound.  They use radio waves in the 300-350 range.  It sounded cool and plausible.  This guy had people going to a long time.  

There is some amplification that can occur.  You can extend the range some but thats about it.

well you got it half right,You can use your cell phone to unlock your car but it involves a car alarm with a a special "cell phone" box.certain car alarms have a built in cell phone that you sign up for cell service,If you loose your keyfob you call your car and enter a code and it will unlock your door or if the alarm goes off the car will call you and play a recorded message telling you the alarm is going off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#9]
A brick works very well.  Opens ANY car.

Fucking Morons...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope you guys check your turn signal fluid, it's one of the most often overlooked fluids, even by experienced mechanics.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#11]
No its called headlight fluid.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#12]
what probrobly happened is the wife was inside the house when they did the cell phone test which is usually enough distance for the remote to still work - thus they think they did it through the cell phone but really it just was in range of the vehicle while inside the home.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I hope you guys check your turn signal fluid, it's one of the most often overlooked fluids, even by experienced mechanics.

and don't forget to grease your muffler bearings!!  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
No its called headlight fluid.  

I had some of this.... but of course it was due to a leak in my headlight and it would fill with water.

Was going to put a fish in it but figured it would die and smell. So, instead I would tell people that it is my headlight fluid. Only the newer cars had them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top