Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 7:21:49 AM EDT
For a long time now, (GOA B rated) John Thune has been trailing Daschle (GOA F rated) in the polls. Lately the campaign was almost even with Thune within the margin of error.

The latest poll still shows Thune within the margin of error; but he has passed Daschle now with 50% supporting Thune, 48% supporting Daschle and the remaining 2% for other candidates or undecided.

daschlevthune.typepad.com/daschle_v_thune/2004/08/new_poll_thune__1.html

For gun owners, this is one of the key seats we need to win to have a chance at blocking any future bans or actually repealing some of the more ineffective gun laws. We get the opportunity to replace a GOA F rated candidate with a GOA B rated candidate.

I'd also note that Thune lost his 2000 bid to unseat Democrat Tim Johnson by just over 500 votes. In that same race, the LP candidate for South Dakota Senate drew 3,000 votes. This race is likely to be close as well and every vote will make a difference.

If you want to send a message to the Dems that gun control is a bad strategy to push, unseating the current Senate Majority Minority Leader is a very good way to do it.

Doh! Edited to reflect 2002 elections.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#1]
YES!

Donate to Thune here:  www.johnthune.com.

Thune opposes the AWB:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=260362.

Defeating Daschle is the best way to send a message to the Democrats about their procedural BS like fillibustering judges and refusing to go to conference.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Seeing Daschle sent packing would be so sweet.

The only thing sweeter would be seeing Republicans win Edwards' Senate seat.  Go Richard Burr!

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#3]
The U.S.Senate without Tom Daschle. Too delicious to contemplate.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard something yesterday about Dasshole taking out a full page ad in a South Dakota newspaper with a picture of him and President Bush.  I can't find a story anywhere.

Does anyone know anything about this?????

Edited to change North to South...thanks hardcase!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Tom doesn't realize that his constituents can read and watch TV (other than his ads). You can't play people for stupid forever.

Tom (I'm really like Feinstein, but act like GWB at home) Daschle should get sent home to deal with the people he's been screwing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I think you meant to post "unseating the current Senate Majority Minority Leader.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Would be nice to get that hate monger out of ofice.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I heard something yesterday about Dasshole taking out a full page ad in a North Dakota newspaper with a picture of him and President Bush.  I can't find a story anywhere.

I saw that on FOX News....he's trying to ally himself with Bush and distance hisself from Kerry...I guess it's not working...good I hope nothing but bad things to happen to him....
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Where can I find the GOA ratings of those running for Senate?  I want to help Thune, Coors, Martinez, and a few others.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I heard something yesterday about Dasshole taking out a full page ad in a North Dakota newspaper with a picture of him and President Bush.  I can't find a story anywhere.

I saw that on FOX News....he's trying to ally himself with Bush and distance hisself from Kerry...I guess it's not working...good I hope nothing but bad things to happen to him....

This would be good advice for anyonw who wants a job next year.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Daschle losing would be SOOOOOO SWEEET!!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Where can I find the GOA ratings of those running for Senate?  I want to help Thune, Coors, Martinez, and a few others.

GunLvr

Here are the GOA ratings for the 108th Senate:
www.gunowners.org/108srat.htm

Here are the GOA ratings for the 108th House:
www.gunowners.org/108hrat.htm

I have also done a guide to all the Senate races this November and any pro-gun or anti-gun info I can find on the candidates, including their vote in March (not included in above ratings), their GOA rating and links to their websites.

www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87205

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#14]

I heard something yesterday about Dasshole taking out a full page ad in a North Dakota newspaper with a picture of him and President Bush. I can't find a story anywhere.

It wouldn't do him much good to run an ad in a NORTH Dakota newspaper since the race is in SOUTH Dakota.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I found the Dasshole hugging Bush ad on Drudge.

]url]www.drudgereport.com/dnc69.htm
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#16]
one of dashales minions came to my house last night and my wife was speaking to him outside since our 1month old son was sleeping. And they discussed health care and such onto how dashale has lost touch with SD. When he asks what she thought of the AWB. She then called me outside I told him the AWB has had no effect on violent crime in SD and there should be more enforcement of current laws rather than makeing more. I also told him my wife shot her deer with an ar last fall. I also told him I was aware of dashales voting record on firearms issues and how he constantly allings him self with senators like finestine and the liberal left. I also told him I am voting for thune and my reasons why, same reasons I dont like dashale. funny thing was he told me he has heard peoples concern about the liberal left side of dashale quite abit. It was an overall pleasant conversation, I was polite and nice to the young man I hope he relates what I told him to Dashale even if it wont do any good.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Man, I bet a lot of dead indians are gonna be voting again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#18]
It would be sweeter if Barbara Boxer lost but I'll take this one.

Thune I'm sure can be counted on to oppose any new semi-auto ban.

He can't be worse than Thomas.

CRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top