Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 7:21:36 AM EDT
On the way home yesterday to take my wife to a doctors appointment and I was pulled over for going 79 in a 65 zone.  This happend on 270 right by Port Columbus.

Man, I have not gotten a ticket in over 10 years and was hoping for a warning but got a nice $82 ticket instead.

The officer was polite and respectful and I offered no excuses and respectfully took my ticket like a man.  The stop probably only took 15 minutes so I guess it didn't take long.

Oh well, I should have known better it was end of the month and I'd already passed by several cruisers that had people pulled over.  That ticket just cost me a case of XM193!

Just thought I'd share...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#1]
got mine friday last week- 64 in 55  said he did not see me slow down after I passed him so he came after me.  got a warning
what the hell- I figured I was busted after he passed, but he suggested I slow down If I passed a copper while speeding.

I figured it was admitting guilt if he saw the brake lights come on when they went by...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Let me know where you can get a case of XM193 for $82 and I just might buy you one when I get mine.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#3]
He was just protecting you.

edit -
Was it a
SPEED TRAP!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, cops have been out in force lately.  I saw two last night coming home up 315-N.  One was using laser, the other had just pulled someone over.  This was from Neil ave to Lane, both were "freeway patrol".
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#6]
sorry to hear it but, you knew you had it comming.....

play with the devil and your gonna get burned
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I got stopped a few years back doing 115 in a 65.

The cop asked if there was a reason I was going so fast.

I said, "Yes officer, I wanted to see how fast I could go."

Wow.  How bad was the ticket?

Kirk
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Let me know where you can get a case of XM193 for $82 and I just might buy you one when I get mine.

Here you go.

www.dealerease.net/catalog/product.asp?pid=1010956&ret_id=373508

If you're serious about getting me a case I'll pay for the shipping.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Dang, you guys too?  I got pulled over last night at around 02:30, after I got off from a late shift.  I didn't just get pulled over by one cop, but two!  I was like "oh, shit, I hope they don't drag me from my car, beat me, bash my trunk lid, and have the K9 bite off my 'nads"  The offense?  Broken license plate light.  I got off  with a stern warning to get it fixed  Whew.  

BTW, there were 3 radio cars pulling people over last night right in that area.  When I was pulled over, the other officer went to pull someone else over, and when I was released and stopped at the gas station to fix the light, I saw two more people get pulled over.  Ahh, to see my tax dollars at work...puts a tear in my eye...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:03:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The officer was polite and respectful and I offered no excuses and respectfully took my ticket like a man.  The stop probably only took 15 minutes so I guess it didn't take long.

Oh well, I should have known better it was end of the month and I'd already passed by several cruisers that had people pulled over.  That ticket just cost me a case of XM193!

Holy Batsh@t!  Am I still on ARFCOM?    It's refreshing to see a mea culpa for a change!

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:04:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here you go.

I thought you were talking about per 1000. Sorry about that.  Didn't mean to get your hopes up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
On the way home yesterday to take my wife to a doctors appointment and I was pulled over for going 79 in a 65 zone.  This happend on 270 right by Port Columbus.

Man, I have not gotten a ticket in over 10 years and was hoping for a warning but got a nice $82 ticket instead.

I don't bullshit cops either.  They're the ones with the radar.  Props.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#14]
You now get the privelege of paying your mandatory involuntary tax assesed by the mobile tax collection agency officers,

Enjoy.

SG
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:58:08 AM EDT
[#15]

You should have told the officer you were punching in the coordinates near Tatooine trying to make the jump to light speed and did not realize how fast you were going. Also that you had a hot date with a Wookie that you were late meeting her at Mos Eisley
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Or from the old commercial...

Cop: "do you know how fast you were going??"

Driver: "I don't know, the little needle stops at 100"

No tickets here in probably 8 years.  Knock on wood.  I just drive the same places, and know where the speed traps are, even though they are rarely there.    

Reminds me.. I need to register my damn car... it's like 4 months late... hahahah
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Take it to court. Everyone knows Cops never show up for court
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#18]
It was the end of the month, officer must of had a quota to meet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I was on the phone the other day, on 670 west, going under High St.
(you know the underpass, where it turns left, and you come out of the underpass, and there's a cop sitting there all the time)
I was going 65. (limit is 55) I never do that because I know this area is a favorite for freeway patrol.
Luckily someone just passed me going faster.
As we drove by I saw the cop pull out.
Went after the other guy.

BTW, did you get pulled over by Easton?  That seems to be a favorite hangout for CPD.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

BTW, did you get pulled over by Easton?  That seems to be a favorite hangout for CPD.

Just after I passed Easton heading east on 270.  Yes, that seems to be a hangout for the fuzz.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy Batsh@t!  Am I still on ARFCOM?    It's refreshing to see a mea culpa for a change!

I was speeding no doubt about it, I got caught so I'll pay the fine.  No need to B.S. about it or make excuses.

Don't loose hope there are lots of good honorable men on these boards.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#22]

well....

and your dog?

someone made it home safely?

searched car?

Wow.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
It was the end of the month, officer must of had a quota to meet.

No such thing as a quota, they can write as many as they want.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#24]
One of my last tickets was about 7 years ago.  My wife, then girlfriend, was in a serious accident.
The hospital called work (we both worked at same place).
I told the nurse that called for her "If she needs me she can page me, I'll be at work." before I could think straight.  Well, as soon as the words were out of my mouth, and I was off the phone, I was like "WTF is wrong with me?" So I raced off to the hospital.

They told me she was at Doctors Hospital. I din't know where that was, so I asked and everyone told me on Broad street.  So I went to the one on East Broad (Taylor Rd?).  Ooops.  Not this one.  West Broad. On the complete opposite side of the city. (15-20 miles away.)

So I am flying across town.  At rush hour through downtown.  Trying to avoid 70/71.  Taking the old shortcut from Neil and Dublin Rd(33).  I am going south on Neil, by where Nationwide arena is being built.  Getting ready to turn onto Dublin Rd, and a motorcycle cop is in that gravel lot, standing on the sidewalk.  I am going 60 in a 35.  I try to explain the situation.  I think it only makes him take longer.  I swear it took at least 30 minutes for him to get me the damn ticket.  

I finally got to the hospital and my then girlfriend was not happy to see me, but definitely relieved to see me. (this was before cell phones were real popular, hence the pager comment, earlier).  I think I paid $125 or something.

That was one where I definitely could have used a "gimme" from the cop.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#25]

I was speeding no doubt about it, I got caught so I'll pay the fine. No need to B.S. about it or make excuses.

Slave mentality--if no property was damaged and no one was hurt, why should you feel guilty about the non-crime of speeding?  The speed limits all over America are set ridiculously low to enable speed traps and despite the obvious corruption involved, here you are being all contrite about it.  Fight the ticket--it's the right thing to do.  Make them work for it at least.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Do you have an Ohio CCW?  Were you carrying?  Did you have it in plain sight?  How did that whole thing go, if so?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't think anyone has picked up on the irony of this post yet.

Very good, Yo!!

Monty

PS:  I once got stopped doing 105 in a 55 zone.  Cost me a double meat cheeseburger, fries, and a coke.  That bastard....  He usually only got a regular cheeseburger, but no....he had to get double meat and cheese this time!!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I was speeding no doubt about it, I got caught so I'll pay the fine. No need to B.S. about it or make excuses.

Slave mentality--if no property was damaged and no one was hurt, why should you feel guilty about the non-crime of speeding?  The speed limits all over America are set ridiculously low to enable speed traps and despite the obvious corruption involved, here you are being all contrite about it.  Fight the ticket--it's the right thing to do.  Make them work for it at least.

WTF?  No slave mentality here, if I wasn't going that fast then I'd fight the ticket.  Why the hell would I want to waste more of my time screwing around with this in court?  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Do you have an Ohio CCW?  Were you carrying?  Did you have it in plain sight?  How did that whole thing go, if so?

No, I'm on the short bus and haven't got my CCW yet.   I'll be getting one soon though...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Take it to court. Everyone knows Cops never show up for court

I always show up in court.  I get $6.74 for showing up from court and 3 hrs O.T. for court from the department.  

Yojimbo  

I feel your pain.  In my younger years I got my share of tickets.  I paid every one except a crash that I thought I was wrongly ticketed.  The ass that hit me didn't show up.  The L.E.O. was there.  Case was dismissed because the ass didn't show.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#31]
I got a new toaster last month for exceeding my quota!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I got a new toaster last month for exceeding my quota!

I thought a toaster was the bonus for lesbian recruitment <Ellen>??????
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Baby sat my neice and nephew's as a favor to their Mom and Dad while they played in the Ohio State Alumni band. Got nailed for doing 60 in a 55 at just about the same spot you did returning home.

Yeah, about 90 bucks and I asked him why he didn't nail the guys flying past me. You have a red sports car he replied with a smile. Not worth contesting.

I now drive a green POS minivan when I'm in Columbus.

Grrrrrrr........
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#34]
He sould have tazered your ass.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
He sould have tazered your ass.

+1  

I was caught doing 64 in a 25 zone on my way up to school 2 years ago.  I was late for my finals.  Got off with a warning!  

No traffic around , going up hill, had a radar dector on...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

pretty much the same thing happened to me in Illinios about 4 years ago.

... it turned out (and I didn't know this because I don't usually get tickets) that in Illinios, I could keep the ticket off my record by taking a "traffic school" class.  

You might want to check into whether or not something like that exists in your state.  

I didn't mind taking my lumps, because I knew the speed limit, and I was breaking it - but I was glad I could avoid beeing fleeced by my insurnace company.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pretty much the same thing happened to me in Illinios about 4 years ago.

... it turned out (and I didn't know this because I don't usually get tickets) that in Illinios, I could keep the ticket off my record by taking a "traffic school" class.  

You might want to check into whether or not something like that exists in your state.  

I didn't mind taking my lumps, because I knew the speed limit, and I was breaking it - but I was glad I could avoid beeing fleeced by my insurnace company.

I always pay my lawyer the $$$$ to get it converted to a 'faulty equipment' ticket.  Higher fine but no points & no insurance reaming.  Cheaper in the long run & the state/county/city gets it's "road tax" tribute.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here you go.

For future reference, a case of ammo is 1K rounds. What you linked to is a half case of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Your Lucky. Round here it's $110 for the first ten miles over the limit then $5 for each MPH over that.

BTW.. Passing a School Bus in a Construction Zone is $1120
I LMAO when I saw that. (Our tickets give prices for most moving violations)
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Don't speed and you won't have such worries!

Fixed it for you.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I got pulled over for doing 70 in a 40 but didn't get a ticket
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#43]
I love my badge, if I hadn't said it before, I'll say it again I LOVE MY BADGE!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
$82 ticket...

Wow, that's pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top