BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 5:54:17 AM EDT
Linky

Pit Bull Severly Injures Albuquerque Man
Marmon Elementary Locked Down After Incident; Dog Is Still Loose

POSTED: 10:46 pm MDT August 30, 2004
UPDATED: 10:57 pm MDT August 30, 2004

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- A man suffered critical injuries during an attack by a pit bull in northwest Albuquerque Monday.

The unidentified man was walking the dog when it attacked him. Police said the man was seriously injured in the groin area.

The man appeared to be disoriented and fled the area on foot when police arrived. He was found naked in a nearby park, police said.

The man was transported to the University of New Mexico Hospital.

Albuquerque police and animal control officers canvassed the area Monday night looking for the dog, and some of the man's body parts.

Susie Rayos Marmon Elementary School was locked down following the incident and parents were called to pick up students who usually walk home.

Authorities are advising parents to drive their children to school Tuesday morning because the dog is still loose.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
dupe
ibtl
+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
[nelson] ha ha [/nelson]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:30:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Ouch!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:41:16 AM EDT
[#7]
here Fido....fetch
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess this guy is a dog expert and can identify a pit bull.

I would be willing to bet %90 of the people on this board don't know a pit bull from a hole in their ass.

So before Eric the Hun starts crying that there is no relationship between how the media treats dog bites, and how they treat shootings(A gun never jumped up and bit someone )  I'd like to make a quick analogy.

Every rifle that doesn't have a scope on it that is used in a shooting is immediately called an AK 47 by the media.

Every dog that bites someone is immediately called a pit bull.

See the relationship now? I'd be happy to make diagrams and sock puppets to further illustrate my point.

We don't know the breed of the dog.  End this speculation and bullshit now please.
No need to get hysterical ladies.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#9]
There are social trends towards training and keeping dangerous animals by inexperienced owners. Aggressive guard dogs are trained for self protection. While any dog can bite, the top biting breeds include:

* Pit Bulls
* Rotweilers
* German Shepherds
* Huskies
* Doberman Pinschers
* Chow Chows

it all boils down to the owner.  it is ultimately their responsibility to keep them under control. Pits are no more agressive than chiuauas, but w/ that being said, whens the last time a chiuaua's bite was fatal to a child?  although both dogs have the temperment to be agressive....a pit has the tools to do serious damage...a chiuaua does not.  these dogs were bred to be agressive, and they are just that.  those who choose to keep them as pets know the risks.  there is no way around it..they have the potential to be dangerous.  so it is ultimately up to the owner to make SURE their dog is under control.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I would be willing to bet %90 of the people on this board don't know a pit bull from a hole in their ass.

So before Eric the Hun starts crying that there is no relationship between how the media treats dog bites, and how they treat shootings(A gun never jumped up and bit someone )  I'd like to make a quick analogy.

Every rifle that doesn't have a scope on it that is used in a shooting is immediately called an AK 47 by the media.

See the relationship now? I'd be happy to make diagrams and sock puppets to further illustrate my point.

We don't know the breed of the dog.  End this speculation and bullshit now please.

+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I feel bad for that guy
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#12]
COCKANDBALLS DOOP!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:21:50 AM EDT
[#13]

He was found naked in a nearby park, police said.

He was walking the dog naked?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Various viewpoints:

http://www.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/09/15/deadly.dogs.ap/

Study: Rottweilers responsible for most fatal dog attacks on humans

September 15, 2000
Web posted at: 8:47 a.m. EDT (1247 GMT)

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- Rottweilers have passed pit bulls as America's deadliest dog breed, according to a study released Friday.

The large dogs were involved in 33 fatal attacks on humans between 1991 and 1998, the American Veterinary Medical Association said.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/07/06/BAG0C7H3811.DTL

Pit bull apologists, wake up

C.W. Nevius
Tuesday, July 6, 2004

Eighty-eight year old Mabel Wong was still in critical condition in John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek on Monday. She's been there since a week ago last Saturday, battling for her life, after a horrible mauling by a neighbor's pit bull near her Concord home.

In the aftermath, people wondered how it could happen. What did this little elderly lady do to trigger such an attack? The answer is simple and blunt. Nothing.

http://www.realpitbull.com/laws.html

All dogs bite. All dogs can inflict harm. There is no scientific study to prove that one breed of dog bites more or causes more injury than any other breed of dog. There have been cases of tiny dogs, under 20 pounds killing or seriously injurying children.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
There are social trends towards training and keeping dangerous animals by inexperienced owners. Aggressive guard dogs are trained for self protection. While any dog can bite, the top biting breeds include:

* Pit Bulls
* Rotweilers
* German Shepherds
* Huskies
* Doberman Pinschers
* Chow Chows

it all boils down to the owner.  it is ultimately their responsibility to keep them under control. Pits are no more agressive than chiuauas, but w/ that being said, whens the last time a chiuaua's bite was fatal to a child?  although both dogs have the temperment to be agressive....a pit has the tools to do serious damage...a chiuaua does not.  these dogs were bred to be agressive, and they are just that.  those who choose to keep them as pets know the risks.  there is no way around it..they have the potential to be dangerous.  so it is ultimately up to the owner to make SURE their dog is under control.

Damn now I got to go and find the damn source again and I don't know if I can, but the actual number 1 dog as far as biting people goes is the cocker spanial.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

* Pit Bulls
* Rotweilers
* German Shepherds
* Huskies
* Doberman Pinschers
* Chow Chows

Damn now I got to go and find the damn source again and I don't know if I can, but the actual number 1 dog as far as biting people goes is the cocker spanial.

that i dont doubt Photo, but my point is that a cocker's bite is RARELY to NEVER fatal...which cannot be said of the above dogs.  did you read my WHOLE post?  again, some dogs should be treated as more dangerous than others..and that is up to the owner to keep their dog...REGUARDLESS of breed...under control.  i have two german short haired pointers and a dachshund...and while none of them have ever bitten anyone...i still am cautious when people come around that the dogs are not familiar with.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#17]
That's gotta hurt.
"He was found naked in a nearby park, police said." - haha, WTF was he thinking?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

He was found naked in a nearby park, police said.

He was walking the dog naked?

No, I think he took his cloths off looking for his pee-pee.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#19]
This is something for both sides of this to consider and it is how I really feel about this whole thing. There was a time, a long time ago that I thought pit bulls should be banned. I bought into all the media hype and bullshit about how "mean" they were. Then I took it upon myself to do a little research and found out that this dog has been around for a long time here in America and if you go back in history you will find that the reported problems with pits didn't start until around 10-15 years ago. That is when the real horror stories started to emerge. This also happens to be about the same time that the gang bangers, thugs, and retards got off of the Doberman trend (remember all the horror stories about Dobies) and they picked a new dog to try and ruin. Yep, you guessed it, the Pit Bull Terrier. The same retarded idiots of the world like Randy would have most likely owned a Doberman if this same incident occured about 20 years ago. The fact of the matter is whatever dog is in vogue for the gang bangers, losers, and thugs is the one you will see in the papers and on the 6:00 news for biting someone.

The same responsible owner who has owned pit bulls for the last 20 years with no biting incidents will be the same responsible owner who has another 20 years of no biting incidents. The fact of the matter is pit bulls can do a lot of harm if they actually do bite someone. But remember, the real pit bull is not a man biter, never has been, the dog would be instantly culled if it ever showed any sign of human aggresion. This is a fact people, look it up on google and do a little research for yourselves. What you have today when you hear about a pit bull biting someone is actually a mutation of a pit bull, not a real pit bull. This has occured by idiots (usually very low on the socio-economic scale as well) taking pit bulls that would normally be culled and making them human aggresive. Then they take this very same piece of shit dog and breed it to another piece of shit dog. Now what you have is litter of piece of shit man aggressive pit bulls. This litter will breed with another litter and now you have a bad situation. What you have is a bunch of dogs that might look like a pit bull, but in no way has the correct tempermant to completely fit the bill of a pit bull. This same theory applies to all pure bred dogs in the United States. 90% of the dogs you see out there that look like a purebred whatever actually doesn't have the true tempermant it should and what has taken hundreds of years to develop. This is due to backyard breeders and puppy mills indiscrimanetly breeding any two dogs that LOOK like they represent the breed but with no regard to tempermant whatsoever. Anyone that thinks tempermant isn't genetic is just fooling themselves. A good upbringing and plenty of socialization as a puppy can only help a dog so much if it is genetically hard wired to be an asshole. That is just the bottom line.

The solution to this problem?? Hold the owners of offending dogs accountable to the highest degree possible. If someone's dog bites someone, it is because it wasn't properly secured and contained and that is an indisputable fact many here fail to admit. I mean, if zoos can keep lions, panthers, rattlesnakes, and any other dangerous creature you can think of with no incident, it shouldn't be too hard to contain a dog for crying out loud. If any dog bites someone, it is the owner's fault bottom line. The other thing to remember is pit bulls have been around for a long time, longer than anyone on this board has been around. They have been great dogs up until the point the scum of the earth adopted them as their gang's mascots and such. Back to the solution, if a pit bull shows any aggresion to humans, it should be put down and I mean that. You can't have it both ways, you can't be nice and try to "rescue" a man aggresive pit bull, it needs to be put down and that is for the sake of everyone involved. Don't be so quick to advocate bans because the thugs might just pick your favorite breed to ruin next.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:17:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
genetically hard wired to be an asshole. That is just the bottom line.

I know people, lots of people that have been genecitically hard wired to be asshole.  Whole families with the same asshole traits. In fact, I would trust and put more faith in my dog than the best of these folks, unless they repent. Human genetics are not different from anything else. Thats why I think we really need to watch the whole "multicultural" thing.  I agree though, the puppy should be popped.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I need a break from this post.  Thinking about this poor guy makes my pecker hurt.  He needs prayer,..... and a pecker.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I need a break from this post.  Thinking about this poor guy makes my pecker hurt.  He needs prayer,..... and a pecker.

He would appreciate it if you would send your prayers and your penis.

Was the dogs name Lorena?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It must have been a weiner dog.

Fuck, sometimes I crack me up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top