Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 8:56:11 PM EDT
Also, he says that the Vietnam War was unwinnable?  When politics play in war then hell yeah it's not winnable.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#1]
He used the system, and submitted the paperwork under less-than-legitimate circumstances.

Read O'Niell's book. It's all in there...
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He used the system, and submitted the paperwork under less-than-legitimate circumstances.

What's the title of the book?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the title of the book?

I think it's called "John Kerry is an Asshole"

...but I might be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The book

Correct...
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm beting your govt prof is not a vet.  Anyone, especially an officer, can put themselves up for anything.  It's just a form you fill out.  It is however unusual to put yourself in for one, if you deserve it someone else will do it.

He's right on the Viet war though, if you'r not willing to chase the enemy wherever they go, you just can't win a war, no matter how good you are.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#7]
It was perfectly winnable.

Hell, we almost had it won already, before congress decided to fuck it up by turning off the funds and weapons going to the south vietnamese.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not reading you here baldes, or your not reading me.  NO war can be won defensively, we fought Vietnam defensively only.  A force can not wait in holes, or conduct only limited area offensives and just wait for an enemy to get tired.  That was our strategy in Vietnam.

I fully understand that every major conflict with the enamy was one by the US Military, it simply doesn't matter.  Enamies must be pursued to where they live.

This is an even more important lesson today than it was then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top