Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2004 6:53:44 PM EDT
It's amazing how worked up some people Bush-haters can get over a SUV.

www.fuh2.com

Expensive?  Yes for some, but not for everyone  
Ugly? Matter of opinion
Gas guzzler? There are several other SUV/trucks that get the same MPG or worse
Dangerous? Like any other vehicle it can be dangerous when operated in an unsafe manner.
Too big? There are many other vehicles that are larger and more "deadly" (buses, tractor-trailers, dumptrucks, box trucks, etc.)

So why the hate?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
i like the H2 and would gladly take one!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Because feeble little minds like to feel so superior by hating things so much.  By pointing out how much things "suck" you imply that "hey, even though I'm a loser who works at Taco Bell, if *I* were in charge of the world things would be BETTER!"
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone explain this tax loophole to me. What other vehicles count? Does it have to be new? Could I buy a surplus real Hummer?
Oh, and could I spread the tax savings over several years?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The H2 should be disliked for the right reasons:

Weak off-road performance
Propensity to break drivetrain components
Too heavy
etc.

In it's class, a Land Rover is far better.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So why the hate?

They hate it out of  jealousy. They would like to own one, but don't want to sacrifice their tree-huggin', tofu eatin', non-bathin' values or friends. But build one that runs on vegetable oil and I guarantee those freaks would line up four wide to buy one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't particularly like them, but not for the hippy reasons.

I find them ugly (Just my opinion though, I'm sure others like the looks)

Off road? you could buy a 20 year old Wrangler that would run circles around it offroad.

The main problem is the same one I have with many of these recent high dollar, HUGE & classy SUV's. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge anyone the right to buy one if they want it, it's just irritating trying to drive when I can't see anything because everywhere I look there is a 7 foot tall freakin bus with a soccer mom on a cellphone behind the wheel. Whats the point of an SUV that isn't used in any sporty (racing, offroad, etc.) or utility (real work, hauling, or towing) function?

To me, buying an expensive 8500lb truck just because it looks cool is no different than some kid spending a fortune putting huge rims, NOS stickers and all that other crap they put on those things. It's impractical and for 90% of the buyers out there, completely worthless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top