Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 5:39:26 PM EDT
I saw his speech tonight at the convention and he did an excellent job explaining the problems with healthcare and how Bush's plan works without creating extra problems. His remarks drew more energy from the crowd than anyone to speak tonight so far.

I've gotta say, watching that guy, I see shades of Ronald Reagan, in how he is a powerful speaker and how he can really work an audience. Senator Frist can really grab your attention and hold it. I think he could bring high energy to the party and I hope he seeks the nomination in 2008 and gets it. He would be damn hard to beat IMHO. Plus, we need someone to provide us another choice as I fear John McCain will give it another try. While I would rather have him than a left wing liberal obviously, in many ways I don't see how they differ from McCain very much. I think Frist shares most of out views whereas McCain doesn't on many issues.

Who else here shares my opinion regarding Bill Frist?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
He seems to be quite a man. i have heard talk of him being in for 2008.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the hell outta Sen. Frist.

He's just hard to not like.  Some people are like that.......
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a picture of Sen Frist & I that was taken this past July.  I was working at an event in Beaver Creek, CO he was attending.

He is one hell of a man and I'm extremely proud he represents my home state.

I can only hope he runs in 2008.  He may be our only chance to defeat Billary in 2008.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't seen enough of him to judge his level of conservatism but his office said "don't worry, Sen. Frist is opposed to renewal of the Assault Weapon Ban" when I called voicing my concern. Guess that'll do for now. Let's see in 4 years.

Definitely NOT McCain, Guiliani, or Powell.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I could vote for Bill Frist. I've met him. He seems like a good guy. His brother is the CEO of the company I work for.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is a copy of a letter his office sent me regarding his position on the 2nd Amendment:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top