Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 4:45:37 PM EDT
Hmmm, I have been bitten once again, by the GARAND BUG, Damn I cant shake this on off, it is bad....

So bad, I am eventhinking about trading one of my ARs off for another Garand... now that is a PROBLEM.......
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Get another from the DCM/CMP, they got scads of M1 Garands in their warehouse. It's cheaper than getting rid of your AR.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got my first one two weeks ago. It has never seen the inside of the safe because I leave it out so I can see it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get another from the DCM/CMP, they got scads of M1 Garands in their warehouse. It's cheaper than getting rid of your AR.

Thats what I am working on........I hope........
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I want a Greek-issue M1 Garand, but buying from the CMP is such a pain in the ass with having to be in a CMP club and showing that you can handle the weapon... A lot of crap to go through, especially since there's a lot of assholes in my area that would just hassle me.

I just want a Garand that will WORK, and not have to pay over $500 for it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I want a Greek-issue M1 Garand, but buying from the CMP is such a pain in the ass with having to be in a CMP club and showing that you can handle the weapon... A lot of crap to go through, especially since there's a lot of assholes in my area that would just hassle me.

+1

-HS
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
+1

-HS

I know, I'm a cheapass.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just  join the GCA, all it costs is $25, and you dont have to mess with anyone. That will take care of your membership to a affiliated club.
Then if you have a CWL or a C&R license, or alot of other accepted forms of meeting your "shooting" part of the program.

Go here to find out more.  www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/eligibility_requirements.htm
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

-HS

typical liberal attitude, wanting something for nothing. lets get out the waaaambulance....

oh, and here's a couple of my CMP garands....

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

join the garand owners club and if you have a ccw permit you are set
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

All you have to do is shoot 1 match to qualify besides being a member of an authorized club, its a lot of fun. Besides, I've seen some real worn out Garands(ie barrel bore dark, handguard rattle etc) at the local gunshows for $500. Can't go wrong with helping out the CMP, they're on our side.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
if you have a ccw permit you are set

Kind of difficult to get when you're just about to turn 19.

typical liberal attitude

Don't even start with that bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok, how about a hunter saftey course that requires shooting.
I am using my CCW as proof.

But, if I did not have it....I took the MD hunter saftey course, which requires rifle and shotgun shooting during the course.  Which is good enough for CMP.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Trade an AR for one, I'd do it if I had a few ARs... they'll make more ARs... but no more USGI Garands... get 'em while they're hot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#15]
*shrugs*    OK........ *tonk*
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

-HS

typical liberal attitude, wanting something for nothing. lets get out the waaaambulance....

home.comcast.net/~c.duarte/gkm1d.jpg

home.comcast.net/~c.duarte/m1lw3.jpg

How did you get that stock so fine looking?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I want to get a C&R license now... But some of the forms the ATF has available confuses me.

There's about 3-4 different C&R forms available, but the ATF only has one of their website... Which should I apply for? Also, must you be 21 or older to be approved?

$30 for 3 years is reasonable, considering.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

-HS

home.comcast.net/~c.duarte/gkm1d.jpg

home.comcast.net/~c.duarte/m1lw3.jpg

How did you get that stock so fine looking?

erm, restoring walnut stocks has become kind of a hobby. It involves steam irons, mineral spirits/lacquer thinner. steel wool, selected stains, boiled linseed oil, tung oil, etc....
it's kind of complicated but fun. Here's something I archived from the garand forums at www.jouster.com...it's no longer there but I put it up here for you and anyone else. home.comcast.net/~c.duarte/garandwood.txt That article is very useful and I use many of the techniques and products spelled out in it.

FYI, both of those stocks and handguards were much uglier when I started.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#19]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So bad, I am eventhinking about trading one of my ARs off for another Garand... now that is a PROBLEM.......

Want to trade your car for a horse & buggy?  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#21]
BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM! PING!

I love that sound.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Want to trade your car for a horse & buggy?  

I'll trade my SAR-1 for a Garand if in good condition.

It's more like trading in a Yugo for a 1948 Mercury, really...

Perhaps it's me, but nothing is more refined and elegant than a M1 Garand. How can an almost 70-year-old rifle still impress youngins' like myself?

BECAUSE IT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME, DUH!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#23]
CMP service grade HRA

I sold a TA31 F to get this Mint International Harvester

Greek photos, HRA rifle. barrel was marked bore, stock was scrap wood. The barrel cleaned up inside to a mirror and I put a birch stock on it. Its a tack driver and an excellent truck gun. Barrel = TE2.5, ME2.0.
See greek pics here

BE VERY CAREFULLLLL. These are just as addictive as AR's if not more.

Springfield DANE RACK WWII

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#24]
this is my problem....................i have enough for another garand or i have enough to evilize my ARs on the 13th......................

poor sucks
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
this is my problem....................i have enough for another garand or i have enough to evilize my ARs on the 13th......................

poor sucks

Answer: EVILIZE THE GARAND! HAHAHAHA!

ZE LIBURALZ KAN DU NUTHZING!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top