Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2004 4:24:13 PM EDT
does anyone know where to buy an inexpensive FATBOY clone?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
why buy a clone? prices are dropping scoots are more available now that the yuppie fad is abating.
get the real thing if not new a used one, they deff hold their value better than hap crap
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
[A$$hole mode on]
What is the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The location of the dirtbag. [A$$hole mode off]

Yeah, yeah, I have owned a few Harley's in my day, most of which I will admit, regretfully.

Remember one thing, if it is worth doing, it is generally worth over doing.©
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
[A$$hole mode on]

Yeah, yeah, I have owned a few Harley's in my day, most of which I will admit, regretfully.

Oh yeah? How do you double the value of a Honda? FILL IT WITH GAS!

Edited to add: I walked into a dealership and went to the parts counter. I told the man that I needed a new gas cap for my Yamaha. The parts man said, "OK, that sounds like a fair trade." <bada BING!>

An ugly chick keeps trying to catch the eye of the biker at the end of the bar. She has the bartender send him another drink and then she leans over and whispers in his ear, "Can you help me? You see, I have this itchy puzzy... The biker says, "look lady, I already told you that I don't know anything about those Jap bikes!"

Thanks folks! I'll be here all week and don't forget to try the dessert buffet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[A$$hole mode on]

Oh yeah? How do you double the value of a Honda? FILL IT WITH GAS!

I did not see 'Honda' mentioned in my above text but, I am somewhat old and senile. Please enlighten me to your assumption?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I did not see 'Honda' mentioned in my above text but, I am somewhat old and senile. Please enlighten me to your assumption?

joke [ jōk ]

noun  

1. funny story: a funny story, anecdote, or piece of wordplay that gets passed round and repeated

2. something funny said or done: anything said or done to make people laugh
dressed up the dog in a hat and sunglasses as a joke

3. funny event: a funny event or circumstance, or something to laugh at

4. something inadequate: somebody or something that is laughably inadequate or absurd ( slang )
The surroundings were pleasant enough but the food was a joke.

verb  (past joked, past participle joked, present participle jok·ing, 3rd person present singular jokes)

1. transitive and intransitive verb make jokes: to tell funny stories, or say or do things to make somebody laugh

2. intransitive verb not to be serious: to be trying to be amusing, rather than serious or in earnest
We knew he was only joking.

[Late 17th century. From Latin jocus  “jest, wordplay” (source of English jocular, juggle, and jeopardy). Originally slang.]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

joke [ jōk ]

noun  

1. funny story: a funny story, anecdote, or piece of wordplay that gets passed round and repeated

2. something funny said or done: anything said or done to make people laugh
dressed up the dog in a hat and sunglasses as a joke

3. funny event: a funny event or circumstance, or something to laugh at

4. something inadequate: somebody or something that is laughably inadequate or absurd ( slang )
The surroundings were pleasant enough but the food was a joke.

verb  (past joked, past participle joked, present participle jok·ing, 3rd person present singular jokes)

1. transitive and intransitive verb make jokes: to tell funny stories, or say or do things to make somebody laugh

2. intransitive verb not to be serious: to be trying to be amusing, rather than serious or in earnest
We knew he was only joking.

[Late 17th century. From Latin jocus  “jest, wordplay” (source of English jocular, juggle, and jeopardy). Originally slang.]

Granted, I am old but, perhaps, not as senile as I let on.....  

The fact is, Harley's do require more maintance than most other bikes, Jap or not....hmmm. are there anything other than Jap or Harley's? Shyte, I suppose 'Jap' will get my account locked....
Shyte, this has not happened in a few weeks....  Se La Vie
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]
What does that mean "clone"?

What's your budget?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
hmmm we have a '98 Harley, other then routine maintanence we have had to do nothing.. let me repeat NOTHING to the bike. Actually just had it out tonight and she still runs like a raped ape. So Harleys take more maintanence just doesn't float here. In the old days yes, but Harley has overcome that I am pretty sure.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
5,000? maybe up to 8,000 depends.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
<snip> So Harleys take more maintanence just doesn't float here. <snip>

And your bikes odometer reading would indicate......25 to 45k's?? Please be honest with your answer.
No young Miss, I am not being harsh, just asking a legitimate question.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought my harley in April and just turned 5000 miles tonight. Have done nothing but change oil and filter.  Not alot of miles yet overall but quite a few considering I just bought it 4 months ago.

No leaks, no problems.

Wish I could say that about the two Kawas I had before.

patsue
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#12]
... Be patient and save a little more. Stick with the Harley Davidson, tequilabob is right, prices are coming down now that the fad is waning. Also, consider a purchase in the dead of winter. You can find some smoking deals then.

... Here's my last Softail Custom FXSTC. Going for the Softail Deluxe next

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:45:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
does anyone know where to buy an inexpensive FATBOY clone?

Half the price of a FatBoy and twice the reliability:

www.suzuki-bikes.com/intruderlc1500.php
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:17:42 AM EDT
[#14]
that one looks BADASS. thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:36:29 AM EDT
[#15]
You won't find a HD clone or an HD in that budget. You will have to go Japanese. I don't know of any American clone makers right now. CMC used to make what you want using an S&S engine. All the American makers seem to be building those bullshit OCC copies and the like. Some are actually good designs, but many are just ugly. You can get an EVO powered dresser in the $8-10 range used. I saw one in Florida for $8500. It was a tour glide. Appx 45k miles. Still a very nice bike about half way through it's engine life before needing any real service. Anything EVO forward will give you great service and reliability.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll sell you this one.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I know it's not what you want, but a new Sporty starts at $6k +/-.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

and i know where you can buy a beautifull 1200 sporty kept in great shape for about 7g's
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
... Be patient and save a little more. Stick with the Harley Davidson, tequilabob is right, prices are coming down now that the fad is waning. Also, consider a purchase in the dead of winter. You can find some smoking deals then.

members.cox.net/stevenaz1/scooter1.jpg

Hmmm...  I have always pictured you in an Acura NSX.  Wonder why?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and i know where you can buy a beautifull 1200 sporty kept in great shape for about 7g's

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Quoted:

_____

Hmmm...  I have always pictured you in an Acura NSX.  Wonder why?

... Look, just because you are a character doesn't mean you have character
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Have you considered looking into kit bikes? Or Shovelheads
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top