Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 2:53:57 PM EDT
Had a meeting at work and couldn't listen.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Not much really.  They had a conversation but Bush as a candidate had to be guarded and not say anything too inflamatory.

His voice doesn't work over the phone/radio.  I actually was kindof bored.  Had work to do myself though so couldn't listen as close as I wanted.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Had a meeting at work and couldn't listen.

He wanted to clarify the quote--

"The war on terror will never be won" for the party loyalists.

It dont come off as good as I would have hoped, but then again public speaking never has been his strongest suit.

Party Loyalists don't need re-assuring, the un-decideds may though
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought it came off great.  Sounded like two old friends sitting on the porch talking.

GWB will go down as a "Everyman's" President.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought he was great.  I missed the first 5 minutes because he came on early but I thought  that he sounded confident and full of energy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top