Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 2:27:47 PM EDT
I am currently residing in an apartment complex.  There is a neighbor (haven't figured exactly which one) who as one of those car alarms that causes the car's horn to CONSTANTLY go off.

The ding bat must have the sensitivity set to react if a gnat lands on the windshield.

He (or she) just lets the damn thing go on and on and on and on...then it cycles, stops, and a few minutes later it goes off again.

Needless to say, that with this vehicle parked near my window, its driving me up the wall.

This has happened 3 days in a row now.  Usually lasting....(ARRGG there it goes again!)...about 30 minutes to an hour.

Suggestions?

(the next topic will address the perpetuality of ice cream trucks playing that music as they s-l-o-w-l-y pass through)

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am currently residing in an apartment complex.  There is a neighbor (haven't figured exactly which one) who as one of those car alarms that causes the car's horn to CONSTANTLY go off.

The ding bat must have the sensitivity set to react if a gnat lands on the windshield.

He (or she) just lets the damn thing go on and on and on and on...then it cycles, stops, and a few minutes later it goes off again.

Needless to say, that with this vehicle parked near my window, its driving me up the wall.

This has happened 3 days in a row now.  Usually lasting....(ARRGG there it goes again!)...about 30 minutes to an hour.

Suggestions?

(the next topic will address the perpetuality of ice cream trucks playing that music as they s-l-o-w-l-y pass through)

Sounds like it's time to file a noise complaint with the Police.  I don't know the law in your area, but a lot of places have ordnances covering your situation.  You might try putting a note on their windshield first and see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]
.308   aim for the battery, usually in the front left or right corner.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sounds like it's time to file a noise complaint with the Police.  I don't know the law in your area, but a lot of places have ordnances covering your situation.  You might try putting a note on their windshield first and see what happens.

I'm in Texas.  I'll check.  The alarm is still going off as I type this.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
.308   aim for the battery, usually in the front left or right corner.

That's what I FEEL like doing (sigh).
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Called the apartment complex management - they said they'd take care of it.  That was 10 minutes ago - we'll see.

Car alarm STILL going off.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Called the apartment complex management - they said they'd take care of it.  That was 10 minutes ago - we'll see.

Best way to go.  They fix shit that makes the residents mad - QUICK.

You are 100% correct - the honking has ceased.  I'm a happy man now.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Best way to go.  They fix shit that makes the residents mad - QUICK.

You are 100% correct - the honking has ceased.  I'm a happy man now.  

I learned just how eager they are last year when another resident complained about me parking backwards in the space (think parking a fire truck), and going back until the back tires touch the curb.  The complaint was that I blocked the sidewalk when I did that.
I got a few nasty and anonymous notes on my windshield and then the guy escalated to the leasing office.  The leasing office tried to tell me that the lease I sign had a provision that prohibited parking in the space backwards.
Too funny.

Glad to hear you and your tank came out of it ok.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
you shot it didn't you

I really would have felt justified by laying a brick through the winshield - but I restrained.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
...  I don't know the law in your area, but a lot of places have ordnances covering your situation.  ...

What do you suggest, a blast AT Landmine?

Sorry - but after 5 years of correcting people her on arfcom for spelling ORDNANCE with an I - this is the first time I have ever seen someone spell ORDINANCE without one .
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:...Believe it or not, it was only a shortbed (6 foot) Ford Ranger.
And the guy could have gone around with no problem.  He was just a cranky old man who wanted something to complain about.

Why did you back up so far?  People that pull too far forward or back up too far and stick their bumpers over curbs are one of my personal pet-peeves.  I guess I'm a cranky old man, too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#16]
some car alarms are very picky on the voltage giving to them,lets say a stungun was put on a fender of a car and turned on, the car alarm would fail to work anymore but the cars electronics would not be harmed
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top