Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 1:40:50 PM EDT
Since President Bush can't seem to decide, I'll put it before the brain trust of ar15.com.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
We will.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
If Bush wins we will if Kerry wins who knows.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Only if we keep our President in office we will.  Bush is DA man!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We will MUST.

More like this.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Since President Bush can't seem to decide, I'll put it before the brain trust of ar15.com.

Did you hear the interview on Rush's show?  He didn't say that we couldn't win it.

Of course we will win . . . as long as we keep the current president.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Since I can't seem to understand...

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
we will win the battles. As for the war.... i don't know. we are trying to fight a Culture and religion with a military. Unless we get the will to destroy the entire region i don't know that we would ever WIN the war as there will always be another generation wanting to destroy us.

mike

We will win. It will be won like most wars are won. There will be no unconditional surrender. We will win by military might and diplomacy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
we will win the battles. As for the war.... i don't know. we are trying to fight a Culture and religion with a military. Unless we get the will to destroy the entire region i don't know that we would ever WIN the war as there will always be another generation wanting to destroy us.

mike

Amen.  We (not Arfcommers, but the collective "we" in the USofA) do not at this time have that will or anything close to it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Define win.

I don't think that we will ever eliminiate terrorism, without implementing a campaign of Genocide against all muslims everywhere. As long as there are islamics, there will be islamic fundamentalists and militants.

I do think that we can greatly reduce their ability to attack us, prevent the vast majority of attacks, and inflict more casualties on them than they can ever inflict on us.

But you have to look at Isreal. They have been fighting this same war with overwhelming firepower and resolve without victory for their entire existence!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#12]
We are our own worst enemy.  Either we resolve to kill people and exterminate the root cause of terrorism or we allow the enemy stronghold to remain intact and we relent to our demise.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Ask the Israelis how their war on terror is going.  They may go years between attacks, but there always seems to be one more - as long as there are people that have an irrational haterd for you in their hearts.

We can PREVAIL - but I don't think we will ever win.  There's always going to be one more nutcase out there, and tehre's always going to be one crack in security that hasn't been found yet.  I think we can vastly REDUCE the effectiveness of our enemy, and vastly REDUCE the chances of significant attack s- but I don't think we can ever completely eliminate the threat.

Edited to add:  I just realized I pretty much said exactly what motown_steve said.  Damn - I could have saved myself the troubel with an easy "+1"  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Nope. We will not go as low as the terrorists will, and you have to in order to win
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Since I can't seem to understand...

Fixed it for you.

???  

I'm not attacking President Bush, I'm only pointing out that he's made exactly opposite statements over the past 48 hours.  It's obvious what he meant, but it's still entertaining to poke fun at such a misstatement/backtrack/clarification.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#17]
If Kerry is elected I am afraid we won't .  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I listened on Rush and it seemed to me that he was trying to answer the question within the context that it was asked.   i.e.    "within 4 years"

rip
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I think the president is doing the right  thing and is taking the necessary actions and I support him 100%. However, I don't think we will ever "win" the war on terror.  I think we will fight and hinder it and make it difficult for terrorists to strike. However, no matter how strong our leader is, I think terrorism at some level is here for ever.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes.

In the words of General Tommy Franks, Ret.: "It will not be easy, and it will not be easily affordable."
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I say "No" we will not "win" the war on terror.

The war on terror is a first cousin to the war on drugs and the war on poverty.  They will lable any  percieved threat as a "terrorist" threat.  It is nothing more then a means to manipulate the sheeple into giving up their freedoms in exchange for percieved security.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#23]
While we may win the war on the targets we have selected , Terrorists will always exist .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top