Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 1:32:13 PM EDT
Is there any law preventing me from ordering 8rd SAIGA 12 magazines from overseas?

Any opinions?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No opinion.  I don't want to be part of your court case.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Since I don't know the answer to your question (I have a good idea, but I don't know), I'll piggyback on a barely-related question of my own if you don't mind  .  (Let me know if you do & I'll remove it. )  I suspect the ones who can answer your question will be the same folks who can answer mine.

Post-sunset, will we be able to upgrade the Saiga shotguns with the AK-esque furniture they wear overseas?    Will the "import ban" dictate the installation of a number of US parts in order to use such furniture, or is that only required/possible for the AK rifle variants?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
What about if I'm using the standard non-pistol grip stock?  

Is there a law about mag fed shotguns with larger than 5 rd capacity?  I know that the AWB restricts fixed magazines in semi-auto shotguns in excess of 5 rds but it doesn't mention removable magazines...

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What about if I'm using the standard non-pistol grip stock?  

Is there a law about mag fed shotguns with larger than 5 rd capacity?  I know that the AWB restricts fixed magazines in semi-auto shotguns in excess of 5 rds but it doesn't mention removable magazines...

"(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
"(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
"(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the
action of the weapon;
"(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
"(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine

It mentions them, but just as one "evil feature."  Two should be required for it to be prohibited under the soon-to-go-away '94 AWB.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the clarification.  So with the current AWB I would probably be ok?  And Post AWB I can go pistol grip as long as I meet US parts count requirements?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#6]
It's okay to use them, but getting them shipped from overseas is another situation.

Trade laws and such (not so sure about).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top