Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 1:07:50 PM EDT
I am visiting my son in Tempe, Arizona, and decided to stop by Airguns of Arizona in Gilbert and pick up one of the Drozd bb machine pistols.  Friendly transaction with no problem at all.  

I was passing a Sports Authority store in Chandler and decided to pick up some CO2 cartridges and bb's.  When I got to the counter, I had to give my date of birth and sign the electronic pad certifying that I was old enough to buy the bb's.  (I'm 60 years old.)  I didn't have to give any personal information other than DOB.  Seems like a big waste of time to me since I didn't have to give any information to purchase real ammo at another store.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I once got carded for steak, thanks to a programming screwup.

Screw up?  I would've carded you for steak in a heartbeat!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am visiting my son in Tempe, Arizona, and decided to stop by Airguns of Arizona in Gilbert and pick up one of the Drozd bb machine pistols.  Friendly transaction with no problem at all.  

I was passing a Sports Authority store in Chandler and decided to pick up some CO2 cartridges and bb's.  When I got to the counter, I had to give my date of birth and sign the electronic pad certifying that I was old enough to buy the bb's.  (I'm 60 years old.)  I didn't have to give any personal information other than DOB.  Seems like a big waste of time to me since I didn't have to give any information to purchase real ammo at another store.

So how do you like the pistol?

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
It's about damn time they did something about the kids pulling all those drive by bb'ings.  You know they should of thought of it sooner and made it included with all the rules that stopped the vicious drive by bayonettings!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't Sports Authoritah a big anti gun company?  I seem to recall hearing that somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I think its a pretty dumb rule, maybe next the government will remove all rocks from suburban areas to keep evil potential projectiles out of childrens hands.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So how do you like the pistol?

Looks like it will be a lot of fun but I can't really try it out yet.  I cycled a 3 round burst without bb's and figured I better stop before the neighbors called the police to report machine gun fire.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I once got carded for steak, thanks to a programming screwup.

Screw up?  I would've carded you for steak in a heartbeat!

Would have?  You DID!

It that one of those there homosexual entendres?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top