Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2004 12:12:41 PM EDT
Barrett "Payload" rifle that shoots 25mm "cargo" rounds. The bullets are as big as armadillos! (Small ones, anyway) I wonder how much this thing weighs?

ETA armadillos sounds more politically correct. My apologies to those offended by my earlier comparison!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
What's 25mm KE running these days?  I can't afford the $200 tax on HE rounds.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Weird. Red X so I try to go directly to the site and get this:

Your IP Address: XX.X.XXX.XX is not allowed on my server. No way whatsoever. Go the heck away. In fact, don't ever return. Start your own darn blog!!!!! (This is intended for that Jerk who is stalking me in my comments - if you aren't that person, Sorry - please hang up and try again! If you are that person, and you hang up and try again - the restraining order says you can't!

Looks like someone on my ISP has been naughty.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Weird. Red X so I try to go directly to the site and get this:

Your IP Address: XX.X.XXX.XX is not allowed on my server. No way whatsoever. Go the heck away. In fact, don't ever return. Start your own darn blog!!!!! (This is intended for that Jerk who is stalking me in my comments - if you aren't that person, Sorry - please hang up and try again! If you are that person, and you hang up and try again - the restraining order says you can't!

Looks like someone on my ISP has been naughty.

Wow. Wonder who pissed in his wheaties?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Barrett "Payload" rifle that shoots 25mm "cargo" rounds. The bullets are as big as dildos!

Not mine...
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw it amonth ago in SG news
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Wouldn't each one constitute a DD since they are all over .5 inches?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Barrett "Payload" rifle that shoots 25mm "cargo" rounds. The bullets are as big as dildos! I wonder how much this thing weighs?

WTF made you compare the bullet size with dildos?

Bet recoil is a bitch though.   Though I'm sure the literature says the recoil is like a .22LR
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#9]
25mm huh? I hope we can get one into the hands of every rifle company out there. That is some serious firepower. That puppy would do to concrete walls what the .50 cal "God" was carrying in US Navy SEALs did!

It would be nice to have something like that on the infantry level. Sure, they have the Bushmaster 25mm cannon on the Bradley, but this thing can be more versatile since it can be carried, set up and used by light infantry while dismounted.

Such a weapon would have to have some serious punch and range. Imagine a sniper on a roof overlooking a town with one of those things! And if cover is an issue, that weapon will make it a non-issue. Hell, even if the bullet doesn't make a direct hit in the target, an HE round going through walls and vehicles would have to generate lots of secondary missiles that could cause the badguys to have a bad day.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nawww... it looks pretty "sporting" to me.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Barrett "Payload" rifle that shoots 25mm "cargo" rounds. The bullets are as big as dildos!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not mine...

Ewww... you're farts must sound like yawns.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It needs to be sold to the public just so Fienstien can say that on the senate floor when they try to ban them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#14]
"big as dildoes"  bwahahahahaa.

i know a south african company  (aerotek)has been producing a 20mm anti materiel rifle for a few years, got to shoot it. DAMN.... bolt action 4 rd capacity. AMAZING ACCURACY.... also, amazing muzzle blast.

also the Croatian RT-20, single shot, bolt action 20mm.

what's next, shoulder fired 155's ???????????/
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:00:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Will it be offered in FA?

CW
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:05:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quick reminder:

This is the 25MM grenade, not the 25mm Bushmaster cannon, as featured on the Bradley.

It's more like a precision grenade launcher. Maybe useful for tracking devices? I can imagine a "sticky" projectile with GPS and transmission electronics..
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:25:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The bullets are as big as dildos!

Really BIG pic
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:13:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quick reminder:

This is the 25MM grenade, not the 25mm Bushmaster cannon, as featured on the Bradley.

It's more like a precision grenade launcher. Maybe useful for tracking devices? I can imagine a "sticky" projectile with GPS and transmission electronics..

Yeah, these are the same rounds developed for the 25mm grenade launcher attached to the OICW.  Kind of like small M203 rounds (40mm), so I imagine recoil must not be that bad and ballistics probably suck.  I would be surprised if the military ever uses them in large numbers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:17:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I posted it here several times.  Upon my PowerBall win, a select few ARFCOMmers will find these in their Christmas stockings (or Chanukkah gelt or Ramadan, etc.), subject to compliance with local law and ATFE regulations.  

Have I told you lately how much I respect you and your posting abilities??
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#20]
After September, will they make a hi-cap semi auto version?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The rifle itself would be registered as a DD, but as long as you're just shooting lead or FMJ rounds,
no. HE - yes, each round would be declared a DD, and each would need it's own $200 stamp.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:50:52 AM EDT
[#22]
25mm=.98"

So, a really SMALL dildo. Or maybe one of those capsule vibes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Just wait until after Sept 13th, then you can have anything you want with no paperwork.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Barrett "Payload" rifle that shoots 25mm "cargo" rounds. The bullets are as big as dildos! I wonder how much this thing weighs?

if you penis is only 25mm thick, you should date asian women only
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#26]
that would be a cool gun
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Quoted:

if you penis is only 25mm thick, you should date asian women only

Nothing wrong with Asian women, but the comparsion wasn't with Mr. Peter Johnson; it was with Mr. Vibrating Vince!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top