Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2004 11:30:57 AM EDT
So me and the misses go to a local Papa Johns pizza to pick up some dinner.  It is one of those places that you usually have deliver but can also pick up your food.  Anyway, a driver comes in that just completed a delivery.  I see he is wearing a huge button on his shirt so I peek around the corner of the counter to see what it says.  Sure enough, it says "Veteran for Kerry"!!!  I would have left right then but I already paid for the pizza they were cooking.

I don't know if it is the position of the establishment or not but if that dumbass would have delivered the pizza to my house with that button on, he sure as shit would not have gotten any kind of tip.  Unless it was at the end of my boot maybe....
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#1]
as if there pizza didnt give you enough of a reason not to go there!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
as if there pizza didnt give you enough of a reason not to go there!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to like Papa John's pizza when I lived in NC.

Did you get that garlic butter dipping sauce for the crust?

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah! Way to show him that defending our country isn't enough! He has to agree with you as well!

Not tipping is the perfect was of saying "I don't care if you did risk your life for our country, I'm not supporting you because I vote BUSH!!!"

Way to go dude, you are a true patriot.

Quoted:
I don't know if it is the position of the establishment or not but if that dumbass would have delivered the pizza to my house with that button on, he sure as shit would not have gotten any kind of tip.  Unless it was at the end of my boot maybe....

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Pity. Papa John's is so much better than Pizza Hut or Dominoes.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I went to a local street fair last weekend with the wife.
There was one guy selling hand made custom knick-knack cabinets that looked really cool.
His stand had two American flags out front and a US Army flag in between them.

I got to talking to the guy and found out he was a Army Guard guy who had gotten back from a 9 month deployment to Iraq.

Things were going well, she had a nice $210 dollar one picked out. Then the wife noticed a "Kerry-Edwards" sticker on the inside of the cabinets. Not just one, but all of them.

She asked what that was all about, he told her that he is a firm Kerry supporter.
The wife said "too bad" and left.

The guy looked at me with a WTF look.
I told him that the wife refuses to do busisness with known commie sympathizers.

He got upset, and right before he was going to say something I reminded him that she is my wife, so don't say anything I might not like, not until I was gone anyways.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah! Way to show him that defending our country isn't enough! He has to agree with you as well!

Not tipping is the perfect was of saying "I don't care if you did risk your life for our country, I'm not supporting you because I vote BUSH!!!"

Way to go dude, you are a true patriot.

whatever dude.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank God I live in the Northeast, and get to eat REAL pizza.
Papa Johns?
Dominos?
Pizza Hut?

Disgusting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top