Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 11:26:30 AM EDT
There was once this pirate ship captain--a smart fellow and a natural leader.

One day, the pirate ship spotted a galleon and the captain got his ship ready for boarding her.  As the pirates approached a lookout reported the galleon was making ready to resist boarding with many heavily armed men on deck.  Upon hearing this, the captain ordered, “Quick!  Get me my red shirt!”  The captain’s assistant was puzzled, but did as he was told.  The pirates were successful boarding the galleon, killed everyone aboard, looted it, and then sunk it.  

Every time the pirate ship was about to board another ship that was prepared to resist, the captain would order his assistant to get his red shirt.  Finally, the assistant got-up the courage to ask the captain why he wanted his red shirt for these assaults to which the captain replied: “The crew places great faith in my leadership.  So long as I’m able and fighting with them, they will do well, but if they see that I’m wounded and bleeding, there confidence will plunge.  So, I wear my red shirt in case this happens so that my blood will be concealed.”  The assistant though that was one hell of a clever idea which caused his admiration for his captain to grow.

Not too many days after the conversation about the captain’s red shirt, and after a few more successful lootings, the lookout reported, “many English warships approaching fast!”  The assistant, hearing the report assumed the captain would want his red shirt and shouted. “Captain!  Shall I get your red shirt?”  The captain replied, “Hell no!  Get me my brown pants!”  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#1]
My 9th grade history teacher told us that, back in 96.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My 9th grade history teacher told us that, back in 96.

I thought it was just a joke...I didn't know it really happened.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Q: What are Pirate Movie's rated?
A: ARRRR!!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Q: What are Pirate Movie's rated?

A: ARRRR!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top