Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2004 11:23:03 AM EDT
I read the book yesterday. Yes, I read it all in about 8 hours (I was on a plane).

The book can best be described as UTTERLY DEVASTATING. It is no longer a wonder why the left has gone completely batshit over the Swift Boat Vets....

I went from being spitting-nails mad by the middle of the book to nearly incoherently pissed by the end. I was one of those who tried to give Kerry the benefi of the doubt, and due credit for his service, but after reading that book, I'll do neither any longer.

The man is a coward, a fraud, a liar, and a traitor. He should be stripped of all medals and decorations, as almost every one of them was granted based on a lie. He should be tried for treason, and then released to the tender mercies of the Vietnam POW's that survive until today.

Funny thing is, two people (one in Fort Lauderdale, and one in Philadelphia) saw the book and asked me about what I thought about it. BOTH turned out to be Vietnam vets, and BOTH seemed to be VERY much offended by Kerry's war record.

I disliked Kerry before, but now I hate his ever-lovin' guts. Fucker could drown in front of me and I wouldn't help. At least Klinton ran to Europe and hid from the draft. He didn't be pretend to be something he didn't believe in.

If you haven't read it, DO SO, but be prepared to have your blood pressure EXPLODE.

The case is laid out medal by medal, incident by incident. First Kerry's version is presented, then the Boston Globe's (who wrote Kerry's biography), then what REALLY happened. At all times, the tone is simple, straight-forward, and sincere. Facts are documented and quotes are made on the record. Most important of all, reasons (and GOOD ones) are given for the old questions like, "Why didn't any of the Swifties complain about Kerry's medals until now?" and the like.

The book also has some KILLER quotes, such as the Navy LT in Vietnam who had to travel with Kerry, and told him, "Follow me no closer than 1000 yards. Any closer, and I'll show you what a Purple Heart REALLY feels like."

Classic!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Picked it up today.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
All I've got around here is a Kroger and a Wal-mart.  I was moderately pleasantly surprised to see that they had a few republican books, but not very.  Wally world has about five copies of My Lies and Lying Liars, and only one of American Soldier.  I can't remember what other good books they had.  Probably because there were none.  Kroger has a few more.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
All I've got around here is a Kroger and a Wal-mart.  I was moderately pleasantly surprised to see that they had a few republican books, but not very.  Wally world has about five copies of My Lies and Lying Liars, and only one of American Soldier.  I can't remember what other good books they had.  Probably because there were none.  Kroger has a few more.

That would be because the Tommy Franks book is selling and the POS from Al Frankens is collecting dust!

There was only one place around here that would even sell it.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Zaphod,
I haven't finished it yet but so far you are right on the money will the review.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I was lucky. I found it tossed over on a side table at the local Barnes & Noble. The only one I could find in the entire store, and I tripped over it.

Dozer,

Thanks. I haven't been this pissed off by a book in my life!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was lucky. I found it tossed over on a side table at the local Barnes & Noble. The only one I could find in the entire store, and I tripped over it.

Dozer,

Thanks. I haven't been this pissed off by a book in my life!

Go to your local Borders/Barnes & Noble etc. and take the Bush-bashing books and put them in the mental health section (only nutbags are going to believe them anyway) - put the (Bill) Clinton ones in the rape trauma section and the (Hitlery) Clinton ones next to Das Kapital.

btw, where is the thread where B&N had an altered cover of "Unfit for Command"? Has that screenshot been confirmed as legit?

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

btw, where is the thread where B&N had an altered cover of "Unfit for Command"? Has that screenshot been confirmed as legit?

Never seen it. Mine only has "New York Times Bestseller" on it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Eh, I dont need the aggravation and I decided who I was voting for a long long time ago.  I give those guys $25 every time they make a new ad, which reminds me, there's a new one out today!

www.swiftvets.com
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never seen it. Mine only has "New York Times Bestseller" on it.

It was in a thread earlier today... searched on "Unfit" but didn't find it... the "Un" part was blacked out...

wait a minute.... "Un"... "UN"... "U.N."????

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Uhhhhhh...... No.

Mine quite cleary (and accurately) says UNFIT for command.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Uhhhhhh...... No.

no no no, not the book, the picture of the cover on www.bn.com (the "un" was photoshopped out)

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard that what the book says he did after his return from Vietnam is MUCH worse than his lying and whimpering to get medals.  He certainly committed acts of treason by aiding and comforting the enemy.  I can't believe he is still alive let alone able to run for president. What a shame..
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Uhhhhhh...... No.

no no no, not the book, the picture of the cover on www.bn.com (the "un" was photoshopped out)

DUH!

Nope! Looks unaltered!

(Except, of course, for Loser's face.... )

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Went to the local Books a Million to buy it.  It was way in the back, far from the best sellers or anti-Bush books.  I decided to not buy it there to punish them for hiding the book.  Ordered from Amazon and it;s back-ordered.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#16]
It took me quite a bit of time to get through that book and it is not vey long.  Lets assume that 1/2 of it is bull shit.  If 1/2 is bull shit should kerry be president?  Lets pretend that 3/4 is bullshit and that 1/4 is true.  Should kerry be president?

FAAUUUWWLLKK NO !!!!

Personally I believe the whole damn thing.  He should be hung by a rope with Hanoi Jane hanging from the other end.  That rope needs to drop him about 6 inches.  So it doesn't break the whining panty waste fuckers neck.  

What kills me is that he went to france and gave AID and COMFORT and SUPPORT to the enemy, in their greatest time of need.  Also that every time he has had a chance to help those bastards since the war he has gone out of his way to do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top