Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2004 10:42:04 AM EDT
LINK Here

NEW YORK Following all the commotion last night, Michael Moore will not be returning to Madison Square Garden for the Republican National Convention, E&P has learned. According to editors at USA Today, which is publishing his daily column this week, Moore told them that he was choosing not to return again.

However, they said he would continue to write his daily column and they stressed that in no way did they second-guess their decision to have him write the commentary.

Last month, Ann Coulter, who had been hired by USA Today to write a column at the Democratic National Convention, quit after the editors requested many changes in her first submission.

After entering the Garden Monday night with USA Today credentials, Moore was criticized by Sen. John McCain in his speech, setting off prolonged boos and taunts in the arena.

"We had hoped we would be able to put Moore in place where he could actually listen to speeches and not disrupt anything," Ken Paulson, USA Today editor, told E&P today. "The idea was not to put him in the line of sight while giving him the opportunity to observe. Now Moore doesn't plan to return to the convention. I think he saw the down side of his attending. We will have the four days of his column and I hope people will take time to read what he wrote.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Of course his actions really helped him to be loved while he was there.

MM stupidity
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#2]
"You smell that rabbit?"

*sniffs* "FEAR"
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
UHmmmmmmmmm.  

B U H - Bye, A**Hole!

And Dont come Back until you get some RESPECT for this country and the people who serve to protect It.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Probably ate all of the food and is off to terrorize another small Japanese village.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Probably ate all of the food and is off to terrorize another small Japanese village.

Now that was the funniest thing I have read all day!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#6]
So does this mean that there will be an additional row of seats available?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Moore told them that he was choosing not to return again...

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#8]

"We had hoped we would be able to put Moore in place where he could actually listen to speeches and not disrupt anything," Ken Paulson, USA Today editor, told E&P today. "The idea was not to put him in the line of sight while giving him the opportunity to observe. Now Moore doesn't plan to return to the convention. I think he saw the down side of his attending. We will have the four days of his column and I hope people will take time to read what he wrote.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Lemme know when he says he won't be returning to America.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

MUHAHAHA!     Nasal explosion of current beverage alert.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Sounding and awful like like Mr Benchley over at the DU are we?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Sounding and awful like like Mr Benchley over at the DU are we?

Hmm? No, I went there once this past Winter and haven't been back. I felt the stupider for it.

I just had to call shenanigans on Mr. Paulson of USA Today making it sound like they had Moore go there as anything other than an agent provocateur!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#13]
would somebody tell this fat fuck that his 15 minutes are over?

It's getting damn pathetic.  I don't see MM ending well.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Now thats funny!

What a doosh-bag (yea I know I spelled it wrong, but for fuck sake he is a doosh bag!)
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Besides the fact he's a fat pig does this guy know how to shave?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#16]
One thing wrong with the article.
Ann Coulter didn't quit.

After the magazine saw her first article for the Dem convention, they panicked and called her in.

Basically they said, "You're fired", and she finally had to agree, "I guess I'm not writing anymore articles for you".

The magazine then put out the story that "She quit".

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#17]
pussy. They all are.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

LMFAO

post that on his website or DU

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#19]
As one blogger wrote, "Micheal Moore deserted his post at MSG!  He went AWOL!"

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
would somebody tell this fat fuck that his 15 minutes are over?

It's getting damn pathetic.  I don't see MM ending well.

Any ending would be well.  Especially one involving a crosstown bus and a three-block skidmark, but I'd settle for having body parts whittled off to diabetes.

He may not be the antichrist, but he sure is the antiatkins.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Probably because the loading dock at MSG  is full and there's no other way in.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Any ending would be well.  Especially one involving a crosstown bus and a three-block skidmark, but I'd settle for having body parts whittled off to diabetes.

He may not be the antichrist, but he sure is the antiatkins.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top