BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/31/2004 10:24:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Although I am a dog lover and would never maliciously injure one just for shits and giggles, this animal NEEDS to go, and it  NEEDS to go now. A pound of  hamburger marinaded in Ethel Glycol should do the trick. I doubt the powers that be will look too hard for the cause of death or the one responsible for it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Words can't express how pissed off I am right now. I am truely sorry to hear about your daughter's experience and I'm sure this is going to traumatize her for years to come.

That motherfucking dog should have died on the spot. I would have shot the fucker as soon as it was headed towards my daughter.

Randy needs to serve some jail time for his gross negligence and he needs to never be allowed to own another dog again.

Again, very sorry to hear this and it is a damn shame the scurge of the earth and the utter shit bag "Randys" of this world seem so attracted to pit bulls.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
That dog needs to die, and I probably would have done it myself if I were there.

It is simply inexcusable for a dog of any type to attack a human, dog attacks human unprovoked, dog dies. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Next time doggie charges or gets out, doggie gets shot. Simple as that.

Keep all the documentation so you can defend yourself if the scumsucking idiot tries to do anything about it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#5]
COUGH.. Spongesoakedinbaconfat ..COUGH
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#6]

People like "Randy" completely push my loony button - and it infuriates me that irresponsible asshats like that are allowed to live on my planet.  

Do you think the police would have had "time" to show up if you had TOLD them that you were heading over to Randy's house with a shotgun to "euthenize" the dog on your own??   (of course you could just have sat on your lawn and waited for the six patrol cars that would undoubteldy have shown up at high speed).

Glad to hear that you little girl wasn't severly injured - hopefully there will be no trauma.  I was bitten in the face by a dog at about the same age, but I turned out completely normal!!  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry to hear about these unfortunate and completely preventable happenings.

Prayers will be sent up for all involved!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Beerslayer, I agree with everything you said except the fact that pit bulls make good guard dogs. Real pit bulls are not human aggresive at all and would most likely lick an intruder to death. The human aggresive "pits" are a result of the gang bangers taking good dogs and making them mean, bad breeding, and over breeding. A pit that was human aggresive would have never been bred in the old days, they got culled.

A human aggresive pit is not something I would ever let near me because their tempermants are fucked right from birth.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#11]
You sir, have the patience of a saint, I hope that the dog owner gets whats coming to him, and the dog is removed as a threat to small children.

/Phil
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Lawyer.  A good one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#18]

They are hardwired to be vicious in a manner unknown to beagles and terriers.

They are terriers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a 3 year old girl and I can only imagine how you are feeling. You have more patience than I have. Hope your little girl is ok.

Dog needs to be put down and owner needs to have an ass kickin'.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#20]
I had a half-wolf pet take a nip out of my backside and, believe you me, the bruising and pierce marks are not even close to the fear of a giant angry dog coming at you.

You, sir, do indeed have the patience of a saint.

Until everything is settled, and if you believe that the dog may still be in the area, carry your pistol and keep an eye on the family.  It may be a pain in the neck to do it, but its worth it.

Keep us updated!

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry to hear about your daughter.

I had a similar problem a while back.  Irresponsible 30-something guy with an aggressive dog, living with his parents.  They only have a 4ft fence on the front side of their property.

1st event, my mother in-law was walking our dog down the street one evening.  The aggressive dog apparently jumped the fence and charged in a full-on attack.  My mother in-law screamed and the dog backed off long enough for the owner to realize what was happening and come get his dog.

2nd event... weeks later... I'm walking my dog on the back side of their property... by a drainage area.  The irresponsible dog owner had taken down several fence pickets.  Once I pass the hole in the fence, the same dog charges through the fence.  With a regular dog, usually standing your ground is enough to prevent an attack... but this dog was really out for blood that day.

The dog ran up and attacked my dog.  My dog is in prime shape and can defend himself, but I was not in the mood to just stand there... so I pulled out my carry gun and was just about ready to put a cap in that dog...  It was a difficult shot in with the two dogs in a furball... But the dog owner came through his fence and yelled "don't shoot my dog".  I told him to come get his dog.  He did.  The guy really freaked out.  Said he could see his 'life' passing in front of him and all that.  Guess the dog was really important to him.

My dog had some bite wounds and a mouth full of blood.  The guy promised to pay the vet bill.  And eventually gave me most of the money($60 out of $90)

But the best part is that he has been very cautious about making sure his dog doesn't get loose.  I haven't had any more problems with him.

If you do end up doing in your neighbors dog, be prepared that he's going to be really pissed off.  That kind of stuff makes bitter enemies.

Also check your local laws.  I don't go looking for trouble, but when I'm within my rights, I'm not going to put up with a dog attack.

Dog attacks are very common, and an important reason for carrying a gun or other weapon.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#23]
One thought comes to mind... if I ever saw that dog again..

TERMINATE WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE

But if the owner removed the animal from his property, and keeps it away, then all is good.  If the dog shows up again, I'd inform the owner that if I spot his dog not in the constraints with which it is supposed to be contained, I would shoot the bitch.  

I hope the dog stays gone, it will make things simpler in the long run.  Hope your daughter is recovering well.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Simple answer. Sue his ass off. You know for a FACT he has insurance, the animal control guy told you as much. And usually in cases of dog attacks the owners fair very, very poorly indeed. And combined with all the paperwork already against him its an easy win. Find a good attorney, drop the 10 large its gonna take and sue his ass for 50 large.
After you get the money...... Terminate with extreme prejudice.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
[rant]
Ken was also kind enough to let me know that Randy had told Animal Control that Angel had been removed from the county, relieving him of any liabilities, but that Animal Control KNEW that she was still here (possibly because of another complaint).  He also told me that some commissioner has allowed Randy to only carry $50,000 worth of insurance, as the $250,000 would have been more than Randy could afford.  This upsets me greatly, as their arbitrary decisions contrary to the law made it possible for Randy to keep the menacing dog in my neighborhood.  If Randy was required to have the $250K, he wouldn’t have been able to afford it, he would have had to get rid of the dog, and my daughter would not have been bit.  To make matters worse, Ken has told me that if Randy volunteers to let Angel be euthanized, that he will not charge Randy with the Gross Misdemeanor as set forth in RCW 16.08.040.  I have no idea where Ken thinks he get the authority to make that decision.

My next step is to complete the witness forms and hand them into Animal Control.  At that time, I’m going to have Ken and who ever is his boss go through each of these concerns of mine.  I think I’ll also have to get the Sheriff involved (he’s a friend of mine, but I’ve not contacted him yet) and probably the District Attorney.  I’ll also have to figure out how to get into contact with Randy’s insurance company, as I already have about $300 worth of medical that I’ve paid out of pocket.  I hope that Savannah will also get compensation above medical.  I’ve nothing against punative damages against habitual offenders.

If he has $50,000 in insurance, I'd be going for the $300 in medical bills and $49,700 in compensation.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Specop has it.

I'm not the suing type-MY next door neighbor's pit bull bit me on the forearm a few years ago (he had it put down by Animal Control, it had been agressive before with kids)- and I didn't sue, but if that dog had bit MY daughter or my GF's daughter I'd have cleaned it's ears (and skull) out with my .357.

Your shitbag neighbor KNEW the dog was agressive. He was given NUMEROUS opportunities to conform/comply with the law. He didn't. DO NOT let him take advantage of your good nature.

Get a flesh-eating attorney and sue his fucking socks off. You'll end up owning more of the cul-de-sac. Sell it and establish a college fund for your daughter.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
...I don't know if any of you remember, but I posted here about that incident, as the Sheriff had told me about the three S's.

Shoot, shovel, and shut-up.

Time for that mutt to meet his maker!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Angle needs to die and Randy needs to be sued.
Your poor daughter’s wounds on the outside maybe minor compared to the wounds she may have mentally.
I understand your outrage at the system and the owner. You have been let down it seems by everyone involved.  

You should be able to find a scumsucking lawyer (No offense ETH, funny they are scum untill you need one) to take the case on with a promise of a third.  I was sued after a salesman assaulted one of my dogs and damaged himself for $250,000.00 for mental anguish.  He lost but the point is he found a lawyer to take his crappy case.  You sir have an airtight case to sue Randy or his father who provided him with a place to keep his dangerous dog.

Keep a cool head but that dog need to die by hook or crook. Randy should have put it down right in front of you. Randy still may come to his sense's and do the right thing if asked. Damn he needs a beaten too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#33]
If I were you, I'd go down to the local courthouse and ask the clerk for the name of the biggest, meanest great white shark in a $3000 suit that regularly practices law in the area.  Then I'd give him a call and start thinking about ways to invest $50k for my daughter's college fund.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Aboslutely Kharn. Attoneys drool over cases like this. Its proven the guy has money (The insurance), its proven the dog ahs a history (mulitple police reports), its proven he did not obey the law in keeping the dog (Animal Control found no pen etc etc) and your daughter was bit and you have evidence (Police report, pictures, medical bills).

Man, if ever there was a cant lose case its this one!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Although I am a dog lover and would never maliciously injure one just for shits and giggles, this animal NEEDS to go, and it  NEEDS to go now. A pound of  hamburger marinaded in Ethel Glycol should do the trick. I doubt the powers that be will look too hard for the cause of death or the one responsible for it.

he needs to die, but it takes a lot of antifreeze to kill a dog
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#38]
1)  The dog definitely needs to die.
2)  Randy needs to be sued for every penny you can get from him.
3)  The county needs to be sued for the remainder of the $250,000 that their own rules required him to carry plus legal costs.

I am sorry that this happened to your daughter, and I sincerely hope this does not leave her afraid of dogs.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Cat_Aclysm wrote: 3) The county needs to be sued for the remainder of the $250,000 that their own rules required him to

This is a great point and in my opinion should be heeded swiftly.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#41]
I am very sorry to hear about your daughter.  This dog needs to die. Some way or some how. I hope your daughter makes a quick recovery.

Quoted:
first let me say this.

Properly raised pits are some of the best dogs out there. intellegent and strong. They are also protective to the extream of their family/territory. This makes them very good guard dogs.The dog obviously saw your daughter as a threat to it's home or family and reacted the only way it knows how.

The fault here does NOT lie with the dog but with the owner. Part of the responsibility of owning such a dog is protecting it and the neighborhood from each other. A dog that is running loose in a residential area is an accident waiting to happen and is complete stupidity on the part of the owner. Either someone WILL get bitten or the dog WILL end up dead under a car.

I am a dog lover and have worked closely with several rescues over the years. I also would have shot the damn dog as soon as my daughter was out of harms way. Don't think for a min that the local .gov gives 2 shits about your complaint on the dog. The dog now has a proven DOCUMENTED bite history. if this is not the first you have serious grounds to have him get rid of the dog. Here on the second offense the county will put them down.

hope your little girl is fine. I also hope this doesn't scar her for life about mans best freinds.

mike

Pitbulls are not guard dogs.Unless you mean to guard a person. They are very dilligent there. They do not make good property guard dogs. They are terrible in that regard.  If you want a whole bunch of documented sources I will be happy to provide them. This is not just my personal opinion. Most people don't know what a pit bull is. Chances are good, that this dog isn't a pit bull at all. Chances are very good.
That's aside from the point. I really hope this dog gets culled. This really needs to happen. Some how, some way.

Sorry again to hear about your daughter.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Well,
I just got a call from Ken.  I faxed over a list of the RCWs I cited earlier in this thread.  He must have know that I was getting serious.

Ken was able to tell me that Randy is enroute to Animal Control Services as we speak. Randy has Angel and is willingly letting them destroy her.

Ken asked me if I was willing to drop the charges.  I told him that 1) I am unable, as a corroborated assault with injury is something the State presses on, not the victom, and 2) I wouldn't even if it was my choice.  Turn it over to the DA.

We'll see where this goes.....

You did right by not giving him a yes on dropping the charges. Why is this guy Ken so fucking hell bent on keeping this Randy shit head out of trouble? I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Stokes:

First let me say that I'm sorry that your daughter got hurt, and for the problems you've had with "Angel".  Anything you do to get the dog put down and the owner prosecuted to the fullest extent would be a benefit to the community.

If I saw any dog, including my own, bite a human unprovoked; it would be put down before any agency could respond.

Let me repeat:

If I saw any dog, including my own, bite a human unprovoked; it would be put down before any agency could respond.

I wanted to preface my following comments with that, because I do take some serious exceptions to some of your statements.

Quoted:
I’ve very strong feelings about Dangerous Breed Dogs and their owners.  I believe that many of these dogs are unfit for neighborhood settings and their owners are reckless in their care for these animals...

Your use of "Dangerous Breed Dogs" terminology is just plain wrong.  Please try to look at it as if you had said "Dangerous Black Rifles" instead.  It's an emotional response to an irrational fear.

As for their owners; just like with the "Dangerous Black Rifles" there are those that are responsible and law-abiding, and those that are sh*theads that would better serve the community by spending their time behind bars.

You did use the term "reckless" when referring to their owners.  Thank you.  Decry the behavior, but please do not denounce wholesale something that appears to be similar to the instrument of that behavior.  Gross generalization and stereotypes are very often wrong.

It should also be know that our family has been victimized by Dangerous Breed Dogs on many occasions.

I am sorry to hear that, but your focus is still on the breeds, rather than the responsible party.

...From little things like being harassed on the street, heels and calves being knipped at, to $2000 worth of vet bills after one attacked our docile dog...

Again, whoever it is that is letting their dogs loose should be to blame.  Dogs (any breed) are essentially domesticated wolves.  Docile or not, left to fend to themselves they will revert in some measure to their natural (wolf-like) tendancies.

...and also the killing of our purebred Prussian Siamese kitty...The dog was a 120lb Rottwieller.)

See previous statement.

If it had been a 12lb Jack Russell Terrier that dug under the fence, instead of lunging through, would that have turned the JRT into a "DBD"?

Again, unsupervised dogs do what comes naturally to them.  It is the owner's resposibility to control that.

Please, let me condition this by first saying a few things about some Dangerous Breed Dogs and their owners.  I fully understand that not all dogs (even of the same breed) have the exact same reactions to stimuli.  This is not a blanket condemnation of DBDs, just that of those dogs that are a menace to neighborhoods with owners that are too thick skulled to realize that their Right to own such dog does in fact infringe on my right to keep my family safe from threat or violence.

I'm glad you understand that all dogs of a certian breed don't react exactly the same way, but you are grossly generalizing certian dogs by breed, then by calling them all "Dangerous".  There are no such things as "Dangerous Breeds".  There are only irresponsible owners of viscious dogs.

No one has a right to infringe on your right to keep your family safe from threat or violence, however; you have a responsibility to keep them from doing so.

Also, I fully understand that many people, including our fine friend Eric E, are responsible, caring owners of such dogs and a testament to the exception of the general stereotype about these dogs.

You might be suprised to find that Eric E. is the rule, not the exception.  To use the example of Rottweilers, I volunteer at a breed-specific Rottie Rescue.  They take in all sorts of Rotties (and the occasional pit) abandoned or siezed from their human [read: trash] owners.

After placing near 3000+ dogs in 10+ years, there has never been a single human bite incident.

With that being said...
<story of Randy, the irresponsible owner of "Angel" the viscious PitBull, snipped>.

...I think I’ll also have to get the Sheriff involved (he’s a friend of mine, but I’ve not contacted him yet) and probably the District Attorney...

Now that makes sense to me...

I hope that Savannah will also get compensation above medical.  I’ve nothing against punative damages against habitual offenders.

Get yourself a good attorney, and you will probably be suprised at how well Savannah will be compensated by the dirtbag's insurance.

Again, do what you can to get this dog destroyed, and have her owner locked up.  Just please understand that, with certian, subtle, differences (many can be animal-agressive, being bred to be that way), most domesticated breeds (not talking about Wolf hybrids here, folks) are just as docile as your average Lab.

[rant]

Stokes:

Get steamed at the dog that bit your daughter.  Sue the owner of the dog.  Petition the city to stiffen penalties for individual vicious dogs; just don't tell me that my dog is part of some "Dangerous" breed, or that somehow by owning such a dog, I am infringing on your rights, or the rights of the neighborhood.

[/rant]

Respectfully,
-FMD

[Edited for my crappy on-the-fly html skills]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Really sorry to hear about your experience.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I’ve very strong feelings about Dangerous Breed Dogs and their owners.  I believe that many of these dogs are unfit for neighborhood settings and their owners are reckless in their care for these animals...

Your use of "Dangerous Breed Dogs" terminology is just plain wrong.  Please try to look at it as if you had said "Dangerous Black Rifles" instead.  It's an emotional response to an irrational fear.

When was the last time your Dangerous Black Rifle charged out of your yard and knocked a little girl off of her bike and mauled her?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Beerslayer, I agree with everything you said except the fact that pit bulls make good guard dogs. Real pit bulls are not human aggresive at all and would most likely lick an intruder to death. The human aggresive "pits" are a result of the gang bangers taking good dogs and making them mean, bad breeding, and over breeding. A pit that was human aggresive would have never been bred in the old days, they got culled.

Oh, for fuck's sake...here we go again.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#50]
FMD,  just a tad bit of info for you.  I own a dog that is classified as a DBD, she is a Rotty.  Stokes, his wife and both daughter's have spent alot of time around this dog and the only danger from her is maybe getting "licked to death".
I have known about this dog{Angle} from the very start of things and stokes has tried to do everything by the book, which I admire as I would have handled things with a batch of fucking lead.

Stokes, glad to hear your daughter will be fine, just rember, I'm a phone call away.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top