Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 9:43:57 PM EDT
Which should I get to feed my new Garand?  Or other?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
LC or nice Danish stuff
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
LC or nice Danish stuff

Know a good source for Danish?  Is the Korean no good?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard of KBs due to Korean stuff. I bought Danish from a funshow. I think there still might be some around on the internet
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought the Korean head stamped KC73 from Ammoman. It's already loaded on enbloc clipsand in bandoleers and it goes bang. It's corrosive, so you MUST clean your rifle with soap and water after every trip to the range. I have not had any problems with it at all.

The CMP stuff I got is packaged in 20 round boxes. 420 rounds to an ammo box. 4 ammo boxes to a crate. Judging from the tarnish on the brass, it looks to have been linked for MG use. You will need to load it on your own enbloc clips. It's NOT all the same year  headstamp. Mine is dated LC66 and LC76. It's mixed together, so you may want to sort it if you are shooting matches.

Buy the LC and you won't have to worry about scrubbing your rifle as soon as you return from the range.
ANother plus is the LC is supposed to be better quality brass for reloading. I have guys wanting to buy my LC brass and I haven't even shot it yet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The Korean PS stuff is NOT corrosive, and aside from a known bad lot (152 IIRC), it's superb. I've shot and compared it with CMP's LC and found it to be as clean and as accurate.

That said, there's not a lot of dif in price, so go with LC if you wanna....but don't be scared of the PS Korean. The KA as mentioned is corrosive so clean after it if you go that route.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
The Korean from Ammoman is definitely corrosive.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Lake City!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top