Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 8:52:19 PM EDT
What can be done if someone threatens your life on an internet board. Hun or anyone with legalese advise, would be appreciated. And yes it was liberal who threatened to hire someone to kill me. Who do you report it to? What steps need to be done.

thanks guys..and as always, locked and loaded.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged..interesting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
This happened to a friend of mine.  Contact local police internet crimes division (yes it really exists)  If a death threat was actually made, they will sopena the logs of the board, then contact internet crimes in resident city of threat maker.  Typically will be charged with Terrositic Threat.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
tagged..interesting.

It just happened on another board, the guy snapped. He has been a volatile poster for some time, he actually threatened to have someone kill me. Not once but twice. I had enough of it. Need advice.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I am fairly certain that the FHP has an internet crimes division.  Most local (smaller PDs) do not have such a div unless you live in a larger metro area.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Its not like the cops will actually protect from harm but they can put his ass in jail for awhile. Of course, he comes out in a very short span and is even madder.
I assume you're armed and good to go.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tagged..interesting.

It just happened on another board, the guy snapped. He has been a volatile poster for some time, he actually threatened to have someone kill me. Not once but twice. I had enough of it. Need advice.

IM him your street address and then sit on your porch with a big glass of  iced tea and a shotgun loaded with #4 buck.

Oh yeah, and post pics.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]
fbi wll go after them
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#8]

NG, you been trollin DUh???

Call the law, let them deal with it, but be ever vigilant.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:02:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Well as someone who posts his real name and company name on every post he makes, I just tell them to "BRING IT, PLEASE".

About a dozens times since I've been on the net.

No one has taken me up on it yet.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:04:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I would ignore it.

I mean seriously...what are they going to do that anyone else can't already do to me?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well as someone who posts his real name and company name on every post he makes, I just tell them to "BRING IT, PLEASE".

About a dozens times since I've been on the net.

No one has taken me up on it yet.

D.
AZEX

EGGS ACT LY!

And I doubt anyone ever will "bring it"

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:15:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tagged..interesting.

Can you tell us from which other board is this guy???
Most people on the internet will say some crazy stuff that will not even consider doing but just to be safe I will call the police and keep my gun at hand
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:48:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:54:01 AM EDT
[#14]
ILL KILL YOU!

Not liek I would.  If anyone takes that seriously, I hope theres no extradition treaties!

Let me guess, you used reason and logic and he got pissed off cos he had no answer?

Liberals...
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:11:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:21:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd call the authorities simply to stick it to them as much as possible, but frankly don't think much about that sort of threat.

First of all, everyone's a fuckin' tough guy on the internet, this site has shown that as much as any. Just talkin' the truth. When push comes to shove, 99.9% would take things for what they are, which is potentially quite dangerous to seek someone out that just might blow your fuckin' head off if you threaten them. Just not worth it.

Second, how the hell would they even find you? You're a screen name on a message board...the end. Not really a treasure trove of personal info.

Still, rather annoying to think of some jerk-off threatening your life from the comfort of their home, and thinking they can get away with it. It's more a matter of principle than safety, but still well worth trying to stick it to'em all the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top