Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 8:24:19 PM EDT
I got this email today:

* * * Final Notice * * *

Hello tax_monster:

This is your last chance. Your eBay account E1042xxx is long overdue. You have received many requests to settle your balance of $2.35.

Your account is now suspended from the User Community. If you use other eBay accounts, they will be terminated.

Won't you rejoin the eBay User Community? If this unpaid balance is the reason for your suspension, then your payment will return you to active status - it's as simple as that. Please make your payment today.

If you fail to respond to this payment request, eBay may use all legal means necessary to obtain payment of this debt, including the use of professional collection services and attorneys.

Hmmmm. So eBay is going to send a collection agency after me for 2 bucks?  Gee, maybe I better pay.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had so many different ebay accounts that I really, really can't count them.  Just sign up again.
They have my contact info somewhere. I have never gotten a collections notice.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I had that happen once, I just set up another one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Bet you won't think it's funny when you go to finance a car or a house and your credit rating is shot to hell over $2.35.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]

If they have contracted with a company to do all their collections they very well may pursue it.  ding...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]
No shit.  Do you actually owe that money?  If you do, be a man and own up to it.  Pay your damn debts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]
that is sad.

I had a boss once who had the local hospital take a bill to collections on him.  The balance?  $0.00!!

yet, they kept sending the bills with the $0 balance right on them.  Then came the threatening letters.  It went on and on.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I just received exactly the same notice, except that the degree of my heinous delinquency exceeds yours by the princely sum of 5 cents.

Since this is all supposed to be automatically billed to a credit card account anyway, I think I'll let it slide and see what happens...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
that is sad.

I had a boss once who had the local hospital take a bill to collections on him.  The balance?  $0.00!!

yet, they kept sending the bills with the $0 balance right on them.  Then came the threatening letters.  It went on and on.....

Why didn't he write them a check for 0 dollars and .00 cents?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
You're so fucked.
They are going to run that through "the matrix" and it's gonna come back that you own guns.
Expect a 3 am door breach.

Quoted:
I think I'll let it slide and see what happens...

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know if you have any type of credit $2 is a shitty way to fuck yourself over.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I owed Dell $1.69 on a credit account I had. They wrote the debt off as a small balance right-off. I guess eBay makes there money off thousands of small balances though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You haven't said if you owe it--or if it is a mistake.  If you owe it, I'd suggest you take Gloftoe's excellent advice.  

I'm not really sure what it's for.  I'll look into it.  If I owe it, I'll pay it, obviously.  I just think it's funny that they're so gung-ho in collecting two bucks.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Won't be funny when it is $52.32 after they add "collection fees"  (read user agreement...  )

And then the credit problems, collection agency. Wow looks like $2 may become a hell of a headache.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#16]
lately i've really grown to loathe the anti 2nd amendment scum @ ebay.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I have an ebay account from 2000 that I haven't bid on anything with yet.

seriously tho,  e-bay ignores scam complaints. they try to pass the buck to paypal half the time (despte the fact that they OWN paypal).
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Ebay is a joke sometimes. I actually got banned becuase of "Copy Right Infringement" ! It was nothing more than a JVC camcorder that I bought at Circiut City. Then they had the balls to try and charge me for the postings!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Ebay is a joke sometimes. I actually got banned becuase of "Copy Right Infringement" ! It was nothing more than a JVC camcorder that I bought at Circiut City. Then they had the balls to try and charge me for the postings!

I tried and sell spinners for coworker and same thing happened, they didnt charge me though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried and sell spinners for coworker and same thing happened, they didnt charge me though.

Truely amazing!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#22]
The amamzing part is he bought the spinners from someone off ebay a few months before.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#23]
You best be looking over your shoulder.  Gweido and his buddies are after you.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The amamzing part is he bought the spinners from someone off ebay a few months before.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#25]
You know those guys selling Beanie Babies at the fun shows?

They're the ones who didn't pay their eBay bills.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
There are some real dirt bags on eBay.

Yes, yes there are.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:36:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I got this email today:

* * * Final Notice * * *

Hello tax_monster:

BLAH  BLAH  BLAH...

BLAH BLAH BLAH....

If you fail to respond to this payment request, eBay may use all legal means necessary to obtain payment of this debt, including the use of professional collection services and attorneys.

The key words here are MAY USE, but....

I'll bet they spend a fortune chasing pennies.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Most of the time its competitive sellers who lodge the complaints about your ads to eBay.  This tactic limits the competition and increases their sales.

They hunt key words akin to their product and scrutinize every detail about your listing in order to justify its closure.

There are some real dirt bags on eBay.

I was thinking the same thing when it happened.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:42:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmmm. So eBay is going to send a collection agency after me for 2 bucks?  Gee, maybe I better pay.

These assholes actually locked me for SEVEN CENTS. THEN they screwed up and kept me locked after I Paypalled them the money.

MY revenge? 52 seven cent PMO's, one a week for a year.....sure it cost me a few bucks, but the delight I got thinking of how much THEY spent in time and money to process those paymants was worth it!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:15:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:36:33 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

These assholes actually locked me for SEVEN CENTS. THEN they screwed up and kept me locked after I Paypalled them the money.

MY revenge? 52 seven cent PMO's, one a week for a year.....sure it cost me a few bucks, but the delight I got thinking of how much THEY spent in time and money to process those paymants was worth it! hr

That's a great idea!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You know those guys selling Beanie Babies at the fun shows?

They're the ones who didn't pay their eBay bills.

That sent a chill down my spine.  I don't want to end up like those guys!  

I logged in to my account to see what it was - the charge was from March for something that I don't remember selling, and they didn't have the description available.

I was just going to blow it off, but then I thought "Hey, I don't want to be one of those guys selling beanies at gun shows, I'd better pay" and coughed up the two bucks.  I'm now in the clear!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I have had so many different ebay accounts that I really, really can't count them.  Just sign up again.

Why exactly do you keep having to change accounts????  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just don't want to pay...

Wanna buy some beanies?  I'll have my table set up at the local gun show!  Also selling Bubba Teeth!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I've gotten similar emails, I just deleted them because I thought they were fake spam from someone wanting my CC info.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#38]
you have got to be kidding me, Tax I know you and I know you will do what is right but this is really silly, they must have nothing better to do...... ask thme if they will take UZI stripper Clips as exchange?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wanna buy some beanies?  I'll have my table set up at the local gun show!  Also selling Bubba Teeth!

Don't wanna pay? WTF is up with that???
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ebay just sucks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ebay just sucks.

Why do you keep using them then???
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ebay just sucks.

Oftentimes it os the only place to get shit.  Bug Meg and Pierre (EBAY OWNERS) are dirtbags.

Better to use them and not pay, than not use them at all!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ebay just sucks.

Oftentimes it os the only place to get shit.  Bug Meg and Pierre (EBAY OWNERS) are dirtbags.

Better to use them and not pay, than not use them at all!!!

You got me here, I guess you fail to see the problem with ripping people off???
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
you have got to be kidding me, Tax I know you and I know you will do what is right but this is really silly, they must have nothing better to do...... ask thme if they will take UZI stripper Clips as exchange?

That's a great idea!  Too bad I paid them earlier today.  Maybe I should have offered an AR15 30 round mag spring and green follower in trade.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top