Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 6:40:48 PM EDT
So today I went into the Funstore to pick up some parts and while I was there BSing with the guy behind the counter four kids who looked 16 years-old walk in, dressed like wannabe gangbanger fucktards.

The salesperson helping me (Lance) at the time was closest to the door when they came in and it went a little like this

Lance(L): Any of you 18?

(silence)

L: Any of you 18?

(ignore him)

L: Any of you 18?!

Mexican #1 (M1): Yeeuh

M2: Yeeuh, he 18 (as all three of the kids point at the asian guy in the group)

L checks his ID and verifies that he is 18 and asks what he can do to help them.

M1: Yeeuh, I need a clip, you got a clip?

L: Clip?

M2: Yeeuh, a clip. We need a clip, you got one?

L: Clip?

M1: Yeuh, fo' a gun

L: Oh, for a gun. What kind?

M1: A .22

M2: Yeeuh, a .22

L: What kind?

M1: A .22 for a gun

M2: Fo' a .22

L: What KIND OF GUN??

M1: A rifle

L: What kind of rifle?

L: What kind of .22 rifle?

M1: A Smith rifle

L: A Smith rifle? Smith doesn't make rifles.

M1: Yeeuh they do.

M2: sheeit, a Smith rifle.

L: No, they don't make a rifle.

(goes back and forth for a little while)

M1: It like 'dis. (places a magazine on the counter)

L: This is for a pistol.

M2: sheeit

L: This looks like a Smith (35 or 53 or some model I don't remember) Talk to Bob down there, he knows his magazines.

And off these kids go walking - Well, they were half-walking, or whatever they call it when you can't take a full stride because your pants are falling down - off to talk to Mr. Bob about clips.. I mean magazines.

So I continue talking to Lance about guns and politics and whatnot and the kids make their way to the counter to buy the magazine they came for. Bob rang them up at the front register, which has a glass display case below it. In the case are various military objects, and a handful of .50BMG rounds. Mexican #1 sees the rounds and decided to comment, showing his homies how up-to-date on firearms he is.

M1: Sheet, dat be for an AK, yo!

M2: Daaayum, dat iz tight!

Bob: That's not for an AK

M1: AKs are da' bomb, dawg.

M2: Dat would be da sheeit, yo

Bob: That's a .50 caliber rifle round for target shooting. The AK uses much smaller ammunition, and I'm happy to report that YOU can't buy an AK.

M1: Sheeit, I wanna git one of dem!

And with that they leave.

I don't dislike kids, but I certainly dislike certain types of kids.

At least they didn't come up and ask me how many rounds I could fit in my 'Gat.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
you should have pulled out your paintball gun and video camera  and made the little shits dance the macarana for us.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you should have pulled out your paintball gun and video camera  and made the little shits dance the macarana for us.

+1
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
We get some of that here.  Local sotre told me they have trouble finding knowledgable help.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Good job on the transcript.  Even the text versions of their wannabe gangsta accents pissed The Neutral Observer off.  Not to mention their indescribable stupidity.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Which shop was that?  Usually I only see crap like that at Traders.  There was one guy who couldn't quite get it through his head that he had to take a test to get a pistol.  I think he just couldn't read and didn't want to admit it.  Then it turns out he is only nineteen.  So then he tries to get this woman he was with to buy it.  The counter person told him it was illegal.  The punk was actually getting all hot about it then they finally just asked him to leave.

Libertarian though I am, crap like that sometimes make me think gun laws aren't all that bad.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Why couldn't they just give them kids the boot?

Denial of service at owner's discretion, private property, etc?

I don't want any of this little shits to have a "clip".

- BG
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why couldn't they just give them kids the boot?

Denial of service at owner's discretion, private property, etc?

I don't want any of this little shits to have a "clip".

- BG

Alot of them I expect do becuase they will go in there but 1 "clip" at the price you could order 3 for and be back later to buy $6 boxes of Wolf 7.62x39
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#8]
So its legal to sell kids under 18 firearms parts?  As in this could have been a firearms parts straw purchase?

Its just a magazine but I wouldnt want gangbanger fucktards to get ahold of anything firearm related.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So its legal to sell kids under 18 firearms parts?  As in this could have been a firearms parts straw purchase?

Its just a magazine but I wouldnt want gangbanger fucktards to get ahold of anything firearm related.

You can't regulate what people get a hold of (drugs are a good example), instead you must punish those that would seek to do harm to others with a wrath so fierce that it becomes and example, a deterrent. We need a new "justice" system it is as simple as that. "Regulation" is not the answer, as only those whom would follow the law in the first place are regulated.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:50:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Which shop was that?  Usually I only see crap like that at Traders.  There was one guy who couldn't quite get it through his head that he had to take a test to get a pistol.  I think he just couldn't read and didn't want to admit it.  Then it turns out he is only nineteen.  So then he tries to get this woman he was with to buy it.  The counter person told him it was illegal.  The punk was actually getting all hot about it then they finally just asked him to leave.

Libertarian though I am, crap like that sometimes make me think gun laws aren't all that bad.

see above
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
The guy shoulda just looked at teh "clip" and said "nope, dont have any of those, it goes to a highly dangerous pistol that often exploded when shot" and tossed it back to him.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I hate when that happens while I am in the Funshop.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmmm....if I'd been running that store, those three woulda been asked to leave about the time they got to "a 22", if not before.  And the two that weren't 18 woulda been asked to leave immedietly.

At the same time, someone brings in their 6 year old kid to pick up jr's first rifle, the kid is more than welcome to be in the shop (unless kid grows up to be a gangbanger wannabe)  Hell, I'd probably throw in a free box of .22 for the little guy (or girl) or free hearing/eye protection; just to make sure he/she is safe :)
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hell, I'd probably throw in a free box of .22 for the little guy (or girl) or free hearing/eye protection; just to make sure he/she is safe :)

Damn good man.  If I where in your neck of the woods I'd be all about dumping my paycheck at your shop.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:44:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell, I'd probably throw in a free box of .22 for the little guy (or girl) or free hearing/eye protection; just to make sure he/she is safe :)

Damn good man.  If I where in your neck of the woods I'd be all about dumping my paycheck at your shop.

I'd have to get a shop first..... But sadly enough I don't think I could make enough money doing that to do everything I want in life.  

Maybe when I retire though!  (Assuming, of course, that guns are still legal when I retire)  Or maybe as a weekend business or something like that.....hmmm.....the possibilities.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Ding! Ding! Ding!

For those of you who don't know where Traders is, think of a place a couple miles south of Oakland.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd have sold them a Garand en bloc clip for about $10 and sent them packing.

Sounds to me like they may have had a marlin  carbine.

Good one Rip, BTW.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Good thing those morons don't know dick about guns!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Smith, around here they pronounce it "smiff."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top