Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 5:19:27 PM EDT
Here are some pictures I think some of you might like.
The e-mail I got these in said that they were taken in Afghanistan.

The best kind of snake.

Don't know where these were taken.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Jesus!
Is that a rattlesnake?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Howd they kill the cobra(is it a cobra?)?  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
The first one is a cobra and I think the second one is a python.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:36:50 AM EDT
[#4]
That second one looks like a reticulated python.....i thought they were in jungles....not deserts.
Im not a herpatologist though, i could be wrong on both counts
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:52:43 AM EDT
[#5]
The picture with the Coast Guard C-130 was more than likely taken in Guam.
The snake is a Brown Tree Snake.
It's common practice to check the wheel wells of aircraft that are going to Hawaii.
The Brown Tree Snake is an invasive species, and no one wants that fucker in Hawaii.

Dispersion Techniques: Secretive and nocturnal, the brown tree snake can coil itself in small, highly confined hiding spaces. Dispersed mainly by stowing away in cargo on planes and ships, and within plane wheel-wells.

Environmental Impacts: Has virtually wiped out the native forest birds of Guam, including the flightless rail. Twelve species of bird unique to the island have disappeared as a direct result of brown tree snake predation.

http://www.invasivespecies.gov/profiles/bts.shtml
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top