Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 4:49:18 PM EDT
Granted, the link leads to a lefty site, but it seems to be the case.

HERE
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
That site sucks.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it does
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
And we just know that the media wouldn't take his comments out of context would we?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And we just know that the media wouldn't take his comments out of context would we?

Good point.  I'll have to look into this further.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know what the truth is but the media hates Alan Keyes.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to say that's not the first time I have seen him go 'tactical nuke' on an interviewer.  Keys is a smart guy but he suffers from what many other smart guys do...  he comes off hostile, superiour, and snobish.  I've seen him several times and almost every time he starts out ok and then he starts getting really pissy sounding.  Could be why he has a hard time getting traction.  Perception counts.

For the record, I love his ideas when he states them well.  I just hate when he pulls this stuff and backs away from the plain meaning of what he said, and gets into a shouting session on "what did I say bitch!, what were my exact words".  I just don't fully trust people who parse words like lawyers.

[Flame suit on]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the guy who thinks black people should get tax breaks, or pay not taxes at all.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This is the guy who thinks black people should get tax breaks, or pay not taxes at all.....

yeah, like i will ever vote for him
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know the details, but as with any politician, it isn't really a flip-flop.  A politician has no real convictions:  he/she/it wants to be elected and will do what is necessary to that end.  As someone once said on this site (forgot who, sorry)  "A politician would feed you and your family into a wood chipper if he/she/it  though it would get votes."
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#10]
It wasn't a flip-flop. Keyes is always consistent. Jacobson was taking a statement out of context and applying his own flawed logic to create a bogus argument over a statement of fact. People with little understanding of the subject matter but a rather large agenda/ ego have an incedible penchant for doing this to create a controversy where none previously exists. It's done in order to make the orginal speaker look badly when the flawed argument has nothing to do with what the speaker originally said. Exploiting an ignorance of  viewer of the subject  by the interviewer to build his reputation or to press an agenda (ala Jerry Springer, Katie Kouric, Barbara Fienstien, ect...). A perception thing. The interviewer was being a Troll.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't think this was a change in policy, guys... I think the guy asking the questions just didn't get the quotation right and mis-quoteted him. Seriously, I think Keyes is still with us on this one.

EDIT:

Jacobson: You created quite a storm this week saying that citizens of Illinois ought to own and carry machine guns.

Keyes: That's a lie. I'm sorry. That's an out and out lie. Walter, that's an out and out lie. I never spoke those words. A question was asked me about whether or not citizens should be permitted. All I pointed out is under existing law private citizens can already gain access to automatic weapons. I never said anything such as you just said. Show me the words. Give me the quote. You know that it doesn't exist. When are you guys going to stop telling lies and distortions to the people of Illinois. I never said anything like you just quoted.  

Bolded words noted, I think that's what spawned Keyes' response. He still supports the right to own, but the interviewer was suggesting that Keyes said Illinois citizens should mandatorially own and carry machine guns.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The interviewer was being a Troll.

And, did you notice that Jacobson worked for Fox News?

Strange.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Strange.

Have you noticed Greta Van Suswhatever  does too?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Strange.

Have you noticed Greta Van Suswhatever  does too?

No, I didn't, actually.

But, did whomever she do it to deserve it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Musta done something right, she got a facelift and a show out of it. Same crap as when she was on CNN. At least Paula Zahn hit the road out of Fox News town. Talk about someone being out of their element.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top