Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 3:58:10 PM EDT
There are loose pitbulls in a neighborhood killing cats..  one officer steps into the camera with a decked out M4 complete with the surefire  front grip light combo.. I've never seen this one. My Sgt would laugh his ass off if i went chasing a dog withone of our M4s.

J
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Cops and dogs again?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Cops and dogs again?

it is a cop fetish, like donuts  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There are loose pitbulls in a neighborhood killing cats..  one officer steps into the camera with a decked out M4 complete with the surefire  front grip light combo.. I've never seen this one. My Sgt would laugh his ass off if i went chasing a dog withone of our M4s.

J

No offense but, I have to wonder about your Sgt.

I would always rather have a long gun than a pistol.  Especially to kill a very nasty animal such as a pitbull.  9mm sidearm, no thank you!

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

No offense but, I have to wonder about your Sgt.

I would always rather have a long gun than a pistol.  Especially to kill a very nasty animal such as a pitbull.  9mm sidearm, no thank you!

Okay, not every pitbull is 120lbs most are skinny 40lb dogs. Anything over 60 is very rare.
Just because they have the name Pitbull doesn't mean they are monster size dogs that will pick you up and bite you in half.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Oly,

I realize that.  Thanks.

I stand by my opinion above.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd approach the situation the same way. If it needs to be shot, less shots will be fired with more accuracy. Either that or I would use a 00Buck in my shotgun if I was able to get close.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw this a few weeks ago. I know it was neccesary, but it just looked funny.
That guy was very "High Speed"!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I would use a 00Buck in my shotgun if I was able to get close.

+1

No need for a rifle in this case.  Too much risk of overshot taking out an innocent.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I find the shotgun better for killing small fast moving targets.

My pitbull weighs 72 pounds, he's kinda skinny. General rule of thumb. Game Dogs are three times as strong as men. It takes a 150 pound man to control a 50 pound dog. It takes a 300 pound man to control a 100 pound dog.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#10]
He obviously had time to deploy an effective weapon.  Pistols are convenient, not effective.  He had the time, he picked an effective weapon.  What is the problem?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I would just have used a shotgun, cause as I have learned on AR15.com, you don't even need to aim those things to hit your target.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I would just have used a shotgun, cause as I have learned on AR15.com, you don't even need to aim those things to hit your target.

Just like I learned that it'd be better to tickle 'em in the taint with a turkey feather than try and shoot anything with a sissy 9mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top