Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 2:51:35 PM EDT
I am so pissed I could spit!  Story on FNC just indicated that amazon allows reviews of "unfit for command" to contain improper commentary but not for the anti-Bush books...

My letter to Amazon.com:

I saw a news story that indicated Amazon has made a morally repugnant decision to allow the book reviews of "Unfit for Command" to contain inappropriate commentary. At the same time, Amazon has NOT allowed the Anti-Bush publications to be reviewed in the same way. Regardless, I would not have chosen to offer my opinion about any book for any candidate as it would not be the proper forum. Your hypocracy is a blight. As such, my family will no longer utilize your website to acquire anything. I encourage you to review our purchasing records to understand the magnitude of your poor decision.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Not only that, but they published a photoshopped version of the cover that said "Fit for Command" and had Kerry in front of his buds.

(Oddly enough, the exact thing showed up on B&N).

Somebody on the inside needs to get a life.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Damnit! Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!
Where in the hell am I gonna buy stuff??  I am runnin' out of places that don't suck.

I don't care if you're so stupid you're gonna vote for Kerry...  I just HATE the hypocracy!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yer kiddin!!??

I kid you not.  This is the image I got off the B&N site.  It was up there for several hours the day I was trying to find a copy of the book for myself.  I wrote them a nasty-gram as a result.

I honestly don't remember if it was Amazon or Borders, but another site had the same crap image up.  Note they only changed the title and the picture, but left the rest of the text the same at the bottom.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep. But they did take out the "editorial review" by John McCain they had put in at the top of the list.

A few weeks ago they had this:

Editorial Reviews
Senator John McCain
"Dishonest and dishonorable... none of these individuals served on the boat (Kerry) commanded."

From the Publisher
Find out why John Kerry is Unfit for Command...

My thread on this topic: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=263493

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yep. But they did take out the "editorial review" by John McCain they had put in at the top of the list.

A few weeks ago they had this:

Editorial Reviews
Senator John McCain
"Dishonest and dishonorable... none of these individuals served on the boat (Kerry) commanded."

From the Publisher
Find out why John Kerry is Unfit for Command...

My thread on this topic: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=263493

Thanks for the info...  Sorry for being redundant.  I missed the original thread and I am late to the party 'cause I'm lazy and depend on the media to keep me some where near current with what is going on around me...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I am not ignorant...  I know this stuff happens.  But come on!  
How much more blatant can you get?  
How come people are SO STUPID?
Why the hypocracy?
Why not win by the rules? ...on merit?
Help!
Oh forget it...

I want a 12' fence, razor wire and big dogs.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Last time I checked, there were over 1150 reviews of the book posted.

In fairness to Amazon, I think it was probably just too much for them to keep up with.

And make no mistake; Kerry gets trashed pretty badly in a lot of the reviews!!

Plus, many of the pro-Kerry reviews are even more enjoyable to read than the idiotic postings over at DU; the liberals are having absolutely hysterical fits over this!!  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:37:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Last time I checked, there were over 1150 reviews of the book posted.

In fairness to Amazon, I think it was probably just too much for them to keep up with.

And make no mistake; Kerry gets trashed pretty badly in a lot of the reviews!!

Plus, many of the pro-Kerry reviews are even more enjoyable to read than the idiotic postings over at DU; the liberals are having absolutely hysterical fits over this!!  

Roger that.  I understand that everyone can find a forum to speak their mind.  My problem is with the 'intent' not with how it resolved.  Their intent was to open the door in an unbalanced fashion.  For that, I will walk away.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:55:51 AM EDT
[#10]
This rant is a result of bits of my idealism washing away.  Yep, it's stupid.  I want to have some faith in humanity...  But so much is coalescing (for me...) right now.

1. I have a five month old daughter.  I am the most blessed man on the planet!
2. I watch these morons decry Bush as evil and THEY want to do harm to get their point accross.
3. I was stuck on the side of the road this last weekend, in the rain with a screaming baby and a hysterical wife.  A man pulls over and offers to help push my car BY HAND through the mud to get out.
4. I work with some wonderful folks.  However, there are a couple of morons that, on a daily basis, act out an episode of some pathetic sitcom.  They do stuff that force you to ask: "This isn't real is it?" (brought down one of our SAN's! ...they clicked the wrong button; destroyed the CIO's mailbox because they didn't read the installation instructions for BlackBerry, they got paid $1000's to figure out how to install it; they have taken over a year to install SMS with five visits from Microsoft and they still haven't read the manual or created any script - they were paid over $100k to figure this one out; the list goes on...)
5. I am about to buy a house.
6. I am about to buy a house.

Uggghh!  I will stop my complainin'...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top