Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 12:57:00 PM EDT
I have been a blade man my whole life but have been thinking about getting an electric razor for when a quickie is needed. Any opinions on what to try would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tuco
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Going back and forth between the two is ruff on the face.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
electric razors are all garbage,  If you have pre-pubessant face fuzz they might work but if you have any kind of real face hair, fugetaboutit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]

when a quickie is needed.

i think they are slower than blade shaving.  
the mach III turbo does my face (ingrown hair short) in one swipe.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Not true and you can do it while you drive.

Shave that is.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I have waffled between the two on occasion.  I like the Braun syncro (i think) that has the base cleaning station.  Even though I have that, I am using a Mach 3 currently.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not true and you can do it while you drive.

Shave that is.

+1
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
electric razors are all garbage,  If you have pre-pubessant face fuzz they might work but if you have any kind of real face hair, fugetaboutit.

You've been listening to your grandpa's myths again, haven't you?

Actually, peach-fuzz will get you torn up quicker than a heavy beard when using an electric razor. The electric's blades cut heavy beard hairs easier with less pull. (Think oak tree vs willow tree limbs) Peach-fuzz gets caught in the blades and rips out of your face causing more burn.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#9]
your face also needs to get used to a electric, It took me about 3 weeks till I was comfortable otherwise my face was itchy after an electric. Braun is what I use
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top